HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
R_P_Stick_P and D and Yaw stick.
Sounds like Stick PID like MK does - faster yank on stick results in more aggressive movement. Sorta like expo I guess. Read about it on MK wiki.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:56 AM
Registered User
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoby1 View Post
I have connected the controller to the PC and calibrated it,tested the motors via my radio and everything seems ok.
My only problem now is how do I start the board, I have followed the the start procedure,ie push throttle stick to max then rudder left etc. but the green light does not come on to confirm my stick inputs.

Any ideas? Video links?

Thanks
so the red led is only on now i presume.
did you had to reverse channels like rudder?
try below that sequence

when i arm the board i need to do this:
- power on
- full throttle, right ( or left) rudder ( led flash one time) ,
- throttle minimum , right ( or left) rudder ( led flash one time and stays off ) board is armed now , only red led is on.

When with throttle low i put rudder left (or right) ,led flashes one time and board will disarm , and again with throttle low i put rudder right (or left) led flashes one time it will arm board again.

FYI if throttle level is lower then 20% and you give rudder left( or right), board will disarm !!
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:26 AM
Registered User
snapper1234's Avatar
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
V1.24 the PID tool is in english
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=536

PID 1.22c is also in english!

I've changed for the better understanding something, see attached file
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=536

PID 1.22c is also in english!

I've changed for the better understanding something, see attached file
snapper , you can use PID 1.24 also for firmware 1.22 version right?
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Flyingfool's Avatar
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
So the instructions for hooking up the wiring to the board shows all becs from escs connected to theboard, Is this how you guys have yours hooked up?
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:35 AM
Registered User
Flyingfool's Avatar
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
When I try to run the PID program on my laptop running Vista I get a mscomm32.ocx error, any idea how to correct this?
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:39 AM
Registered User
quax's Avatar
NRW, Germany
Joined Apr 2004
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
When I try to run the PID program on my laptop running Vista I get a mscomm32.ocx error, any idea how to correct this?
I downloaded 'mscomm32.ocx' from somewhere and placed it in the directory with the PID software. But I must say, I have still the problemless XP
quax is offline Find More Posts by quax
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
Registered User
British Columbia, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
so the red led is only on now i presume.
did you had to reverse channels like rudder?
try below that sequence

when i arm the board i need to do this:
- power on
- full throttle, right ( or left) rudder ( led flash one time) ,
- throttle minimum , right ( or left) rudder ( led flash one time and stays off ) board is armed now , only red led is on.

When with throttle low i put rudder left (or right) ,led flashes one time and board will disarm , and again with throttle low i put rudder right (or left) led flashes one time it will arm board again.

FYI if throttle level is lower then 20% and you give rudder left( or right), board will disarm !!
Thanks,got it ....after playing around with this sequence I managed to get the board to arm now for a test flight.
scoby1 is online now Find More Posts by scoby1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:01 PM
Registered User
Boston
Joined Mar 2006
168 Posts
Test flight with 1.24

Hovering looks OK, but still having a drift issue by cold weather

DSCF1101.avi (0 min 43 sec)
eaton is offline Find More Posts by eaton
Last edited by eaton; Jan 22, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
Registered User
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
J,
Yep. The KK can actually be pretty stable too with proper setup, but not as stable with longer hands off hover as the FF with the accelerometer.

The ESCs require a manual calibration and proper setup:

Cheers,
Jim

I calibrated all 4 ESC, but still have bad throttle response, almost full throttle then it will just lift, then this setup will be useless to fly
I read that Mike Barton and HappySundays had the same problem and HS stated :
FF board reduced my throttle range to 55% of my actual TX's output.

i use C2830 880Kv motors and 8x4.5 props and had no throttle problem with KK board.

does firmware 1.24 improve throttle response ?,
and did Mike or HappySundays solved bad throttle response?
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Last edited by jaccies; Jan 22, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:37 PM
Registered User
Boston
Joined Mar 2006
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
I calibrated all 4 ESC, but still have bad throttle response, almost full throttle then it will just lift, then this setup will be useless to fly
I read that Mike Barton and HappySundays had the same problem and HS stated :
FF board reduced my throttle range to 55% of my actual TX's output.

i use C2830 880Kv motors and 8x4.5 props and had no throttle problem with KK board.

does firmware 1.24 improve throttle response ?,
and did Mike or HappySundays solved bad throttle response?
I have no throttle problem with v1.24.

FF outputs 1ms (not armed), 1.2ms (armed with minimun throttle) and 1.8ms (armed with maximum throttle).

Maybe you need to calibrate "RC cal" with PC
eaton is offline Find More Posts by eaton
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:40 PM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
GrootWitBaas's Avatar
Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Weissach im Tal
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quax View Post
I downloaded 'mscomm32.ocx' from somewhere and placed it in the directory with the PID software. But I must say, I have still the problemless XP
Right click, run as admin


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.930899,9.477562
GrootWitBaas is offline Find More Posts by GrootWitBaas
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:52 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
HappySundays's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
...and did Mike or HappySundays solved bad throttle response?
Well strange as it was, it actually works out well for me as the compressed throttle response goes from just under takeoff speed to full speed, unlike Jaccies, who has the opposite problem.

The problem is that the FF firmware does not offer an ESC calibration mode. You could, I guess, use the GUI and the throttle override to calibrate your ESCs but you'd have to power the board separately of course. So, disconnect ESC power input, power up FF board, run GUI, go into motor screen, set max throttle, power on ESCs, wait for beeps, set min throttle, wait for beep, power off everything and reconnect everything. That might work...
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:02 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Well explained, i share the same procedure by experience. You have this somewhere on your mega link?
like this one too : http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/705844:Topic:46763
manu
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Rol*Pit_P: Increase one point at a time until you get the pitch and roll axis resistance and only one bounce to recover when the arm is test struck/upset. If you are seeing oscillations, then back off until they are gone.
Rol*Pit_I: Increase until amount and strength of self-leveling is achieved. You might have to lower P if you have this set too high. It is a balance decision between the two.
Rol*Pit_D: Adjust after the "P & I" to decrease repeat bounce or oscillations after a test strike/upset.
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,659 Posts
Thanks Manu. Also I just used experience from tuning other flight controller PID's and applied it to the FF. Yes there is PID Info section in the
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index and I added the DIYDtrones link Thanks for that too
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Well explained, i share the same procedure by experience. You have this somewhere on your mega link?
like this one too : http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/705844:Topic:46763
manu
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 11, 2011 09:25 AM
Sold FY90Q Flight Controller for Quadcopter - $70 shipped jpsabo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2011 11:21 AM
For Sale Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller Kit madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 26, 2011 09:58 AM
Sold Multi Wii flight controller with auto level ver 1.7 tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 May 08, 2011 02:02 AM
Video Trex SE...3d flight with auto Nick Maxwell Electric Heli Talk 10 Dec 18, 2006 10:23 PM