Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Ouch!
Sorry to hear it's gone.
That's tough,i have treed a plane and turning off the tx and turning your back,walking away...

Ridgewalker

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again, tell me, would we, could we

Mem'ries may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember we simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter we will remember

Whenever we remember...

...the way we were

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:39 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again, tell me, would we, could we

Mem'ries may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember we simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter we will remember

Whenever we remember...

...the way we were

Oh god really lol

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:44 PM
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Track do you remember when you first got your t-28? What was it like flying it. The first half dozen times was it a bit much to handle? Eventually your mastered it right? Well it will be the same with the beast. just give it time and try to keep it to half throttle.
dfitzsim is offline Find More Posts by dfitzsim
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:02 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfitzsim View Post
Hey Track. Not a bad maiden. Just need a little work on the landing.
I was thinking the same thing - not a bad maiden at all for your experience level. I was cringing at the start when you first launched it thinking it's going to go 50 feet from air to ground in a second, but you held on to it well.

The beast is a beast, simply put. She's a hard bird to tame, but once you do, I bet it's a great feeling - I haven't tamed her yet after 5 flights in :P

Quote:
Track do you remember when you first got your t-28? What was it like flying it. The first half dozen times was it a bit much to handle? Eventually your mastered it right? Well it will be the same with the beast. just give it time and try to keep it to half throttle.
When I first maiden'd my T-28, it was a nerve racking experience. I was able to get her under good control in about 5-10 flights. I'm not sure about the beast though... the beast will take a bit longer to tame I'm sure because of the quickness of the plane and the ability to stall much more easily.
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Just realized it was Track's second flight with the T-28 when he lost it in the tree.

In that case get yourself a champ fly the snot out of it and when your confident get that beast of plane back up in the air.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:06 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,335 Posts
Quote:
Rub it in! I only had two (well, I guess one and a half is more asccurate) flights on it when it got stuck in the tree! It's my first RC plane.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:07 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,335 Posts
Quote:
Just realized it was Track's second flight with the T-28 when he lost it in the tree.

In that case get yourself a champ fly the snot out of it and when your confident get that beast of plane back up in the air.
The Beast definitely got my juices flowing! I'll get there... might take a while, but I'll join you guys!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:07 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Oh god really lol

J

heh heh heh

Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:09 PM
Today's forecast: Summer
United States, GA
Joined Apr 2011
247 Posts
The video when it got stuck looked good until you hit the tree. Those things happen.

Compare the commentary between that video and the Beast video. You weren't saying much while flying the Beast. lol
92PathSE is offline Find More Posts by 92PathSE
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:11 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92PathSE View Post
The video when it got stuck looked good until you hit the tree. Those things happen.

Compare the commentary between that video and the Beast video. You weren't saying much while flying the Beast. lol
HAHA I was thinking the same thing. Nobody talks on the beast maiden.. it's more about concentration and trying not to crash

Here's a typical beast maiden:

1. Perform checks.
2. Double check plane and tx/rx.
3. Triple check..
4. Deep breath..
5. Launch.
6. ..
7. .. (only 10 seconds pass)
8. ..
9. ..
10. Frantically look for place to land 10-20 seconds after launching it.
11. Hard nose over on landing in grass, chalk that one up as successful that it's still in one piece.
12. Wonder if you should push your luck and try to fly it again

For only two flights you did awesome with the UM T-28. Keep it up, I've seen people still not able to fly the UM T-28 like you did even after 10+ flights.
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Last edited by binaryclock; Aug 10, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:12 PM
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Don't feel bad Track. A friend of mine bought a champ after seeing me flying my planes. On his third flight it got away from him. I landed my bird and grabbed his controller to see if I could get it back but it stopped responding. It flew over a big patch of woods. We couldn't find the plane.

It's not so unusual to lose a plane. I think my friends problem was that there must have been some winds at a higher altitude as we felt no winds on the ground but the plane just took off he kept trying to turn it around but no luck.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:22 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,386 Posts
about to pull mine out of storage, whats the preferred place to get batteries for it online? Are 240's still whats recommended?
DiabloKid is offline Find More Posts by DiabloKid
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:33 PM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
HAHA I was thinking the same thing. Nobody talks on the beast maiden.. it's more about concentration and trying not to crash

1. Perform checks.
3. Triple check..
4. Deep breath..
5. Launch.
6. ..
8. ..
9. ..
11. Hard nose over on landing in grass, chalk that one up as successful that it's still in one piece.

For only two flights you did awesome with the UM T-28. Keep it up, I've seen people still not able to fly the UM T-28 like you did even after 10+ flights.
hahaha, that's pretty darn accurate
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:40 PM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post

1. Perform checks.
3. Triple check..
4. Deep breath..
5. Launch.
6. ..
8. ..
9. ..

You know, a friend of mine could not fly the UM T-28 at all. Even with a computer radio he always complained that it was just so twitchy for him that he could never control it, Yet he has the big T-28 and can fly it perfectly fine. Go figure lol.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:47 PM
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
I let the same guy with the champ fly my t-28 and it was up in the air for about 10 seconds before he handed me the controller unable to keep the thing under control.

So track your doing great. Just keep flying.