SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:07 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
My god, I think in the past two pages I just watched the gruesome murder of the english language. May she rest in peace.
ha ha ha! well said! just be careful what you mean when you say HO!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:58 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
All you electric dudes -

I need to get the clip ring off the back of a motor so I can pull the bell. I don't know how to get these off without destroying them. This is not an E clip. It is like a ring clip but has two hooks rather than holes. Does anyone have a secret method to remove and re-install these they could share so it is no longer a secret??
If it is what I think it is I just took one off tonight. just use two flat head screwdrivers and carefully press on each side together. It will move back enough to get a small screwdriver between the shaft and the clip and you can gently pry it off being careful not to lose it.

Well, I got the twist rdy to fly. That included replacing servo extensions, mounting the esc on the OUTSIDE of the fuse, trying a fix on the damaged motor (working for now) and mounting the motor. Also had to put a tx in it. The 6s twist is RTF for a HOEDOWN!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:10 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
If it is what I think it is I just took one off tonight. just use two flat head screwdrivers and carefully press on each side together. It will move back enough to get a small screwdriver between the shaft and the clip and you can gently pry it off being careful not to lose it.

Well, I got the twist rdy to fly. That included replacing servo extensions, mounting the esc on the OUTSIDE of the fuse, trying a fix on the damaged motor (working for now) and mounting the motor. Also had to put a tx in it. The 6s twist is RTF for a HOEDOWN!
??? What kind of Twist needs a transmitter in it.

That sounds like an E clip. This one is different. Maybe I will take a picture of the devious devil. It looks like maybe some tiny ring pliers would work. Mine are too big to get them off. Wait, before anyone says anything, the ring pliers I have are too big to work.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:41 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,398 Posts
Quote:
My Fun Cub stuff. I wish I had flown from the floats but I did not get around to it.
I would have liked to have more power than the stock power set. You definitely need to get the aluminum motor mount. Many of these have a vibration using the plastic one. I don't even consider the aluminum mount an option, it is a must-have.
Mine had full flaps that would go to about 85 degrees. It noses up on flap deployment
I sold it. It was a nice sport flier. I may have been happier with another 100W of power.
I used scale lighting but also installed internal LED light strips during the installation.
You can skip to about 3:30 if you want to see the plane in a darker environment and landings.
I have a Torque 2818/900 which is the motor a buddy has on his, it hovers. Where do you get the Aluminum Mount for it? He attached stip lights to the foam, the wings actually GLOW, its cool.

Quote:
All you electric dudes -

I need to get the clip ring off the back of a motor so I can pull the bell. I don't know how to get these off without destroying them. This is not an E clip. It is like a ring clip but has two hooks rather than holes. Does anyone have a secret method to remove and re-install these they could share so it is no longer a secret??
I swear those clips were meant to be for 1 time use the way they are made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
My god, I think in the past two pages I just watched the gruesome murder of the english language. May she rest in peace.
Just the last 2 pages?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:01 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,309 Posts
Heauxdown heauxdown heauxdown heauxdown heauxdown !!!!!!!!!!
plowboy1966 is online now Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:20 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Here is my Funcub build log.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471984

I like these guys and they sell the aluminum mount.

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...&product_id=54
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:27 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,309 Posts
We need Eric in this heauxdown too!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:40 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,135 Posts
Quote:
??? What kind of Twist needs a transmitter in it.
Hahaha... the kind that gets finished at 1:00 AM

Quote:
That sounds like an E clip. This one is different. Maybe I will take a picture of the devious devil. It looks like maybe some tiny ring pliers would work. Mine are too big to get them off. Wait, before anyone says anything, the ring pliers I have are too big to work.
sorry I guess I don't know what you are dealing with...
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:50 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,309 Posts
Way to go Nate! You will probably walk away with this heauxdown

I have a huge meeting with Pactiv today! It could be a nice account, wish me luck! Also I'm doing a demo for Acme brick tomorrow!! Uhhh, no pressure! Lol

Oh, and last night Eve and I had dinner with a couple who own a real estate development company who seem to think that I would make a great partner. Lots of stuff happening here in Central Texas!! Wow!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:22 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,566 Posts
I found a link to this video while reading a email message from Fellowship of Christian Modelers (which is a great group of guys, FYI).

Giant scale B-24 maiden:

B-24 Liberator Giant Scale RC Model Airplane - Maiden Flight (5 min 49 sec)

Enjoy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Way to go Nate! You will probably walk away with this heauxdown

I have a huge meeting with Pactiv today! It could be a nice account, wish me luck! Also I'm doing a demo for Acme brick tomorrow!! Uhhh, no pressure! Lol

Oh, and last night Eve and I had dinner with a couple who own a real estate development company who seem to think that I would make a great partner. Lots of stuff happening here in Central Texas!! Wow!
Good luck Alan! real estate mogul? build a huge flying field somewhere!
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:26 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,366 Posts
Plow<Lots of Luck!

Kerwin.....My God.....the colors.......last night's boat tour was breathtaking! Just my wife and I (#3 daughter has the lead in the high school play and had practice) and the purr of a finely tuned Mercury outboard! 25 mile round trip......It was joy enough just watching the relaxed look wash over her face. It's still not too late......but dress warm the snow is coming this weekend.

Chicken livers and bacon for lunch......no carbs.....loads of flavor!

It's a ho-down.......not a Hugh Downs, heauxdown, or a hoedown (although that's the true spelling).... Or if a street-walker takes a bullet....that's what the other ladies holler!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,366 Posts
DOG.......that homeward angel.......has an awfully big butt.....and no arms!!!!!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Last edited by snowman; Oct 03, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:37 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
@Ron - no idea where to get replacements.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:39 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Chicken livers and bacon for lunch......no carbs.....loads of flavor!
And gout!