HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:17 AM
RC Heli noob
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
19 Posts
Alright!

Thanks for the info/video.

So basically I was mixing up 3ch and 3D.

I totally realize that it will be many years before I might attempt to fly 3D like the guy in the video

I also found some interesting posts in the general electric heli forum like you said, so thanks for that too!

I'll keep reading here and I'll post something when my S107 comes in.
Blooner is offline Find More Posts by Blooner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:55 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
583 Posts
You will love it and will get you hooked im certain. Starting with such a good flyer is a good call.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:19 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Just say no.

S107 is an insidious, "gateway copter" that only leads to harder stuff.

Sellers of little copters like to say "3D" on the box. Here, it means the copter will move in 3 dimensions.

WHY they like to say it, is because the style of flying you see on YouTube is CALLED "3D".
I think they are trying to guide the customer into the conclusion that it will do that.
Like the subtle difference between "Remote controlled", and "Radio controlled".
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jun 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:39 PM
Joined Jun 2010
61 Posts
Just got my S107 from fedex... 5 days shipped from hobbytron, all the reviews i read after i ordered yelled scam and such but i received my s107 5 days after ordering in perfect condition. KB-- i tried removing the weights from the end of the fly bars but that caused TBE very slowly.. i dont know what to do but i might try with some washers or little screws to find a weight in between. hopefully my 6020 tail boom will be in soon i want to make this thing flyyy.
S107 is offline Find More Posts by S107
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:20 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Blooner, you do need to orient your perception in the air vs. what your controls do. No better way to do that than with a $30 toy that mostly flies itself and mostly forgives you for flying into walls.

Unfortunate thing about 3chs, is that they put rudder on the R, whereas with 4ch and up it's on the L. Small matter to relearn that. There are also intermediate singlerotors that mostly fly themselves, to bridge you to models that don't.

No worries mate, long as you're having fun you're doing it right.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:37 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jun 2010
54 Posts
lightening my S107

I've had very similar experiences. To make my S107 lighter I did the following:
- removed tail fin
- removed tail boom supports
- removed the little square weight in the nose by the LED

After that the heli was quite nose heavy. To get the center of gravity back to normal I moved the landing skids further back and moved the battery as far back as possible. It is still slightly nose heavy (faster forward flight than backward) which is more of an advantage than a disadvantage IMHO.

As a next step I tried to remove the weights from the balance bar. I love the agility I get without them, but the S107 also becomes quite unstable. Getting it to hover without TBE is quite impossible for me with the weights missing from the balance bar.
bruchlandung is offline Find More Posts by bruchlandung
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:40 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
Like the subtle difference between "Remote controlled", and "Radio controlled".
Awww now then youve hit the #1 most annoying thing on my list there, people that dont comprehend that remote controlled is by wire and radio controlled isnt, i hate it when even grown men refer to their toy car as radio controlled even though theres a wire connecting the contorls to the car.
Arrrrggggghhhhh.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:54 PM
RC Heli noob
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
19 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the aditional comments. I'm still very excited about getting my 'choppa'!

Unfortunately the 'status' of my order did not change today, which means it probably won't arrive until wednesday :S
Blooner is offline Find More Posts by Blooner
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:59 PM
Roswell, GA
Joined Jun 2010
17 Posts
Got my s107 on Friday

I got my S107 in on Friday. Xheli was kind enough to replace my S026 with a S107. After flying the S026 and 6020 first, this thing is ridiculous. I mean that in a good way Whereas with the others I felt like I spent most of the time trying to properly trim and doing basic straight forward flight, the S107 was dead on perfect from out of the box. I'm fighting the urge to order a couple more now Then again, I love how the S026 looked and flew when it was working. Maybe another S107 and a new S026. This is so addictive!
larkemon is offline Find More Posts by larkemon
Old Jun 26, 2010, 04:07 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Put the weights back in, it's really a much better device with them, and you sure don't want it crashed and broken right away.
I've actually added weight to make a better hover-er.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:12 PM
Joined Jun 2010
61 Posts
yeah i put the weights back in.. i cant wait for that other tail boom to come in. the s107 is pretty fast esp. after that manuver turning and going over and over to go faster
S107 is offline Find More Posts by S107
Old Jun 26, 2010, 07:44 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S107 View Post
yeah i put the weights back in.. i cant wait for that other tail boom to come in. the s107 is pretty fast esp. after that manuver turning and going over and over to go faster
How do you do that manuver?

I've done it I know I have but don't know how to, like when you so a special move on tekken6 and you keep doing it but you have no idea how your hands are doin it?

A few days ago I was talking about diy blades...

A guy in a local store gave me a full set of used but good condition blades and a complete rotorhead for the middle shaft with flybar and upper blade grip (which is now made of the same type of black plastic as the S026 grip), so I didn't need to try make any diy blades...

But today using just a pen, a little tape and a pair of scissors I did just to see if I could, and I think they work ok...

S107 flying with DIY temporary blades (0 min 47 sec)

They are about .3grams heavier than stock at about 1gram each, even if only one is broken you will need to make two so that they ballance, I would say they are only temporary just to keep you flying till you can get spares (unless like killbucket and redbaron25 you have a small fleet, I'll get there one day).

The bottle I used is also made in thinner clear plastic so I might see how well a DIY set of clear blades work.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Last edited by djdavies83; Jun 26, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 08:17 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Tekken6?!?!?!

I played the original, when it was new, on a steam-powered, brass and wood Playstation. Nobody called it "One", because we thought it would be the best there would ever be.

I just loved getting slapped dead by that S&M chick in Toshinden.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:15 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
Yep 6, the girlfriend palys it the most when my mate is over, I'm getting better but I'm more of a driver, Oh and wipeout HDfury, It's kinda like flying.

Played GTA IV on my mates XboX the otherday, the save he loaded gave me a heilcopter, !st place I went was the airport to try and get a learjet or a shamal I tink it's called in the GTA world, Or a jumbo, the second I landed I had 4****, had to make my escape in a "Ripley" Aircraft tug, They must have called it a ripley because the marines used a truck made from a tug in the film

Alien marines truck

GTA IV truck

And a real life truck, GTA got it real colse!

sorry about drifting WAY off topic there, got a little carried away, in short I like flying!
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:08 PM
Joined May 2010
2 Posts
Hi ,
I bought s107 copter from ebay and i tried to fly it but it is not flying up. all the parts ae working good but it is not going up in the air. Is anybody faced this problem?
Please let me know the solution to fix it to fly up.
prasadavala is offline Find More Posts by prasadavala
Last edited by prasadavala; Jun 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM.