SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:44 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Should be here tomorrow! Cannot wait for this awesome plane!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
Just bought a Skyfun. 6S 6.5-6.5 and this motor. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...90mm_EDF_.html

Should be dangerous Oh... im gonna put some fpv gear in it as well. And glass it.
zkilzz is offline Find More Posts by zkilzz
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
This thing is a blast. Definitely in my top 5! The price is also a nice bonus. That being said... I want a bigger one Hobbyking!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Nov 2011
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
This thing is a blast. Definitely in my top 5! The price is also a nice bonus. That being said... I want a bigger one Hobbyking!!!
Did you get the stock version or kit with upgrades.
KC10 CC is offline Find More Posts by KC10 CC
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10 CC View Post
Did you get the stock version or kit with upgrades.
Stock and upgraded after a few flights with some gear I had laying around from HK.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:19 PM
Blade Flyer
USA, WI, Two Rivers
Joined Jul 2007
91 Posts
SkyFun Servo Throw Settings

I recently purchased a Skyfun Jet (Plug and Fly). The manual that came with the jet was for the Ready to Fly model that comes with a pre-programmed radio. I am using my own DX6i radio system. The manual does not include the recommended servo throw settings for the elevator and ailerons. Can someone provide me recommended values for low and high rate operation? Any other programming information like recommended exponential values would also be greatly appreciated.
pb7424 is offline Find More Posts by pb7424
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:25 PM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb7424 View Post
I recently purchased a Skyfun Jet (Plug and Fly). The manual that came with the jet was for the Ready to Fly model that comes with a pre-programmed radio. I am using my own DX6i radio system. The manual does not include the recommended servo throw settings for the elevator and ailerons. Can someone provide me recommended values for low and high rate operation? Any other programming information like recommended exponential values would also be greatly appreciated.

As much as you can reasonably get on the control surfaces if you are using the stock set up. I set expo at 40%. I wouldn't worry about a low rate. The plane is a dream to fly if you get the CG to the center of the finger holes. It will fly real slow and real fast.
Rich in ILM is offline Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:27 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
I prefer CG more toward front of the finger holes.
For a maiden flight just set your dualrates at 70/30.
As you get more comfortable with it take your throw rates up.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
Blade Flyer
USA, WI, Two Rivers
Joined Jul 2007
91 Posts
Looking for actual measurements

What I'm looking for is an actual measurement of deflection like 3/8" low rate and 1/2" high rate for elevator and aileron. I have my DX6i set up for elevon configuration now but I know I can get more throw if I set it up for dual aileron configuration. Guess I'll just "wing" it.
pb7424 is offline Find More Posts by pb7424
Last edited by pb7424; Mar 06, 2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb7424 View Post
What I'm looking for is an actual measurement of deflection like 3/8" low rate and 1/2" high rate for elevator and aileron. I have my DX6i set up for elevon configuration now but I know I can get more throw if I set it up for dual aileron configuration. Guess I'll just "wing" it.
Haha thats all I do is wing it! Honestly, just toss it up with everything trimmed properly, your rates set around mid range and see where it goes. It repairs easily, its quite a gentle bird in the air yet it can still rip. It really is a great airframe. I am ordering a few more upgrades from hobbyking to see how fast I can get this thing going in spring when we have our speed run competition
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
pb,
Check your movements for uneven throws or lack of travel.
The DX6i has issues with the elevon mixing.
You can follow the instructions here for success:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=35
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
354 Posts
hello a new here a rcgroups. i was wondering if any of you tried putting landing gear on a skyfun? hobbyking has a Stinger 64 EDF Optional Landing Gear Set i tried it on my parkjet it flies fine problem is landing though it bounces if i land fast and stalls when i go slow maybe the size is the issue parkjet is small.
red25 is online now Find More Posts by red25
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red25 View Post
hello a new here a rcgroups. i was wondering if any of you tried putting landing gear on a skyfun? hobbyking has a Stinger 64 EDF Optional Landing Gear Set i tried it on my parkjet it flies fine problem is landing though it bounces if i land fast and stalls when i go slow maybe the size is the issue parkjet is small.
I have never tried it.. If you just take some strapping tape and apply it to the bottom on the landing points it will last quite a while. I do this on all my belly landers. This is a great plane and I have nosed it into the ground pretty hard and never had more than a little scratch (this was before I put the strapping tape)
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
Hey guys!
Check out my 2700 watt Skyfun FPV build here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post21055037
zkilzz is offline Find More Posts by zkilzz
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,122 Posts
qUESTION tIME!!!

Fellas, I have this post up over on the speed forum:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66168

Basically, I have a Stryker-Q oem motor, an 80A esc, 4S/2200 Sky lipo's (x4), and an APC 7x5 prop...all from a former *sniff* Stryker Q.

On the bench, I easily get 1KW. This power setup needs a new home to rock-n-roll in...So would the Skyfun be a good candidate??

[amazingly, the SF looks like one of my all-time faves...the Stryker F27c...coincidence???]

thx gents

Jeff
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt