HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2001, 12:18 AM
Keremeos, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 1996
632 Posts
RCO and E-Zone

In the thread " paper mags etc" JBourke mentioned that changes are coming for E-Zone. His perogative, I am sure.
However, I hope that he is learning from RCO's mistakes; I am now no longer interested in that site and trying to keep up to its many changes. This last reorganisation left me with no right to my registered name, and then required me to reregister with a new password etc; in other words, change my presence on the 'net to suit them. 'Bye.
I realise that change is necessary on an incremental basis, and I truly hope that E-Zone shows the same careful restraint that it has shown in the past regarding change.
This is a great site, now one of two that I visit regularly. I do wish, however, that there were other sites equal to E-Zone for freeflight and control line, but that is another matter.
We don't say thanks often enough, Mr. Bourke, perhaps this is our opportunity: Thanks, and best regards on this enterprise.
Terry Lyttle is offline Find More Posts by Terry Lyttle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2001, 03:10 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
Well said, Terry. I second that Emotion.
Brad.
Brad Trent is offline Find More Posts by Brad Trent
Old Jun 07, 2001, 03:32 AM
AMA 670207
United States, WA, Sumner
Joined Oct 2000
2,775 Posts
I third it!
Perry
Rudderman98 is offline Find More Posts by Rudderman98
Old Jun 07, 2001, 04:42 AM
Mesa, AZ USA
Joined Mar 2001
86 Posts
I can't agree more Terry. RCO used to be my startup page for netscape. However, after repeatedly having to re-register to fully use the site I gave up on it. Now the Ezone is my startup page.

I'm primarily a gas flyer, tho I own a few electrics. What is interesting is that since I've been reading the E-zone more often (since RCO started having problems) my flying interests have started to change direction. Before I had 2 electrics, a Goldberg Mirage and a Kyosho Ferias. But now I've added a Ky F-16, Ky Flash and am awaiting arrival of a new ME-110 (I'm really looking forward to this one!). Not to mention many other electrics that have caught my eye. I would chalk this up to the influence of the E-zone. Where else can a relatively newcomer to electrics ask repeated stupid questions and be taken by the hand and led in the right direction. It's great!

I hope that RCO can get straightened out as it is a great site too. Both RCO and E-zone are valuable tools for newbies to this great hobby. And equally valuable for guys like myself who have been doing it for over 20 years.

Hats off to Mr Bourke. Lets hope that this site continues to be as succesful as it already appears to be. I know it's helped me.

Tom
Aero-BearAZ is offline Find More Posts by Aero-BearAZ
Old Jun 07, 2001, 07:37 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,500 Posts
Maybe some of us regular denizens here sometimes take the E Zone a bit for granted!

Just taking the opportunity to say "Cheers Jim!"

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Jun 07, 2001, 07:43 AM
Here's My 2
Kingsland Arkansas, USA
Joined Feb 2001
150 Posts
E-Zone is my start up page now that RCO is totally out of control.

Better discussions and information here, hope it stays that way. Big is not always better.

Has anyone noticed that if you sell something RCO would like you to send them something? Say What?
Hitec-Redneck is offline Find More Posts by Hitec-Redneck
Old Jun 07, 2001, 08:56 AM
Joined Mar 2000
406 Posts
RCO is DEAD and GONE for myself and others around here. I had over 200 deals over the past 2 years, but after this last round of UPGRADING(DOWNGRADING REALLY)I have deleted it from my start-up page, and replaced it with EZONE! Several other local guys have also stopped using it now. In fact, I have got some of them over here now! You can just look at the number(or lack of)posts on RCO and see what they have done! Its sad, RCO was a super site about a year ago, before all the UPGRADING!

As for EZONE.....ITS PERFECT! If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!!! I'd like to take this chance to say THANK YOU for this super site! I have always been a die hard glo freak till finding this site, and now have had several electric planes, with more coming soon(hope the wife doesn't find this) Thanks for the SITE and INFO and all the help!

LONG LIVE EZONE!!
Chris Rust is offline Find More Posts by Chris Rust
Old Jun 07, 2001, 09:08 AM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
I agree that RCO is having problems. I liked the old format better as well. It is still a great source of info and advice, though.
As far as having to re-register, well boo-f'n-hoo. How frickin' lazy can you get? How much of your day did it consume? And I'm sure they had you do it because they didn't like your current "presence on the net". Nothing to do with trying to keep an overtaxed message board running or anything.
Here's a Midol. Now go take a nap.
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Old Jun 07, 2001, 09:09 AM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,757 Posts
As another happy camper here- let me recall the ancient Chinese proverb- "Make haste slowly..."

Sam Brauer
Norwalk, CT
Megowcoupe is online now Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old Jun 07, 2001, 09:41 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,322 Posts
I have to agree with the statements above and thank Jim for taking this one on. I guess you can say, I'm an "Ezone Junkie" and I wouldn't want to change that ever. I feel like I'm missing something if I can't get online a few times a day to check in on things. Thanks Jim!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jun 07, 2001, 10:04 AM
Suffers from "Dumb Thumbs" ...
United States, NJ
Joined Sep 2000
130 Posts
I have to agree, RCO is alright but it's a little quirky as of late. I enjoyed the old RCO much more.

All that aside, my thanks to the E-Zone are long overdue. I've met some great flyers locally and absorbed some invaluable E-knowledge through this site.

A sincere thanks to Jim B.and my fellow E-Zoners.
LE PEW is offline Find More Posts by LE PEW
Old Jun 09, 2001, 12:13 AM
Keremeos, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 1996
632 Posts
Well, now I have taken the Midol suggested, and still I have no intention of going back to RCO. I am not a computer person, I am a mechanic with a reputation of fixing things ONCE, not having to redo the system every few months.
I object to having to rerig my system every time RCO gets PMS (Midol time again) as I have done for some years now. It outran my enthusiasm to keep up, and I wave goodbye from the comfort of E-Zone.
If they want me to invent (and remember) a new password just for them, I find the site just aint worth the bother. Again, I ask if there are sites for freeflight and controlline that are as friendly and intelligent as E-Zone. If not, then here I sit. And right on about making haste slowly.
Terry Lyttle is offline Find More Posts by Terry Lyttle
Old Jun 09, 2001, 12:24 AM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,557 Posts
I agree with all of you on what has been said so I don't want to rehash it too much.

I have several slimer engines that I was trying to sell, well I posted there because I thought it was good (never been there before) since slimer engines are frowned upon here. No response, I think I sold two of my engines from either E-zone or some other no-name classifieds.

I have this discussionboard as my startup page.

I love E-zone, thanks to all the contributors, moderators, etc...this is a great site.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 09, 2001, 01:09 AM
Smoke & Fire
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
CHRIS RUST! hey buddy this is Steve from the springfield club..............you still flying litestick in the kitchen?

I also am through with rco this time. this is a cool site for E and also flightlines is a cool site for glo rc rcwatch.com
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Old Jun 09, 2001, 03:28 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
I could not agree more!!!!!!!!

I had registered with RCO 3 times and now I see they have changed again! I more just checked the adds and will continue. Besides that it is a monster, and an unfriendly one at that! I hate the endless forums and "to busy" mode that seems to creep in all the time.

To Jim; please keep the EZone simple and user freindly as possible.

The above is also why I rarely vote to add forums here, as what is here seems to work very well now.

Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk