HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
Joined Jan 2014
4 Posts
Discussion
YG XFO airplane

I searched for the name but no hits. If it has another name/category, please let me know.

I'm looking at a very weird airplane on YouTube - the link is:
YG XFO EPP Airplane test II (2 min 52 sec)

I was wondering if someone knows why there is a need to have both the horizontal and vertical (if the plane was laying on its belly) control surfaces act like elevons. I'm not even sure that is the correct description but it is the only one in my vocabulary.

I would have thought that elevon control would only be needed for one axis and the other could act like a rudder.

Of course, THEN, if you have the answer, maybe you could explain briefly how it is programmed into the radio.

Dan
ladykate is online now Find More Posts by ladykate
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 05:05 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,791 Posts
You need to look in the -- VTOLs forum -- 'Vertical Take Off and Land'.

There are plenty of designs in there, from scale models to the 'unusual, but it works'.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Today, 09:23 AM
Joined Jan 2014
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
You need to look in the -- VTOLs forum -- 'Vertical Take Off and Land'.

There are plenty of designs in there, from scale models to the 'unusual, but it works'.
Not looking for designs as much as understanding (from a newbie standpoint - which is why I asked here). Are you suggesting I repost in the VTOL forum? I searched there with nothing like this showing up - although it certainly is VTOL.

I will close this thread and repost in the VTOL section.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post28891996
ladykate is online now Find More Posts by ladykate
Last edited by ladykate; Today at 09:35 AM.
Closed Thread