HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,310 Posts
So far I think I prefer a flat throttle curve with this heli but this heli is all I have to go on and yet to test outside. It all makes sense in the real world as well as theory now my tx issue is sorted. All these curves are much more pleasing now they work. I went the whole hog with Manuels settings and it feels crazy alive like the sim with a bit more bogging so should be fun outside. Will be nice to feel what it can do finally even if I can't tame it yet.

You are correct though, I should read more.
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:48 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Haven't proved it yet but has anyone tried the Oversky 7mm tail motor?
I put one on my GCP with a HP05 main & it's like crazy can't even fly around normal. My friend put one on his MCP with a C05M & having issues. Got a MCP with a Walkera-Parts-HM-V120D06-Z-09 7mm tail motor I pulled off of my V100D08 & it's awesome. Ordered 4 more Walkera-Parts-HM-V120D06-Z-09 7mm tail motors to see if that's the issue.
Well got my motors in. Tested on a GCP cause my MCP already has one. GCP, HPO5, 8T problem solved. Tail holds great on pitch pumps with a 80% pitch curve. Found the motors on link below.
http://www.helipal.com/hm-v120d06-z-09-tai-motor.html
And on top of that the Delrin 7mm tail motor mount I bought with the Oversky 7mm tail motor fit the HM-V120D06-Z-09 Tail Motor perfect. There must be some kind of timing issue or something with the Oversky 7mm tail motors that don't agree with Walkera receivers.
http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...mini-cp-genius
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:59 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
I had issues with my pitch changing so I could hardly keep the mini in the air. it would also change pitch without input.
The problem was the main gear sliding of the mainshaft. I re-installed to proper location and it did it again everything I hard load like with pitch pumps.
I had to remove and clean up the gear and main shaft with electronic cleaner. I then re-installed with plastic safe thread locker. It seems to be holding for now.
Anyone have a better solution to retain the main gear.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Oct 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I had issues with my pitch changing so I could hardly keep the mini in the air. it would also change pitch without input.
The problem was the main gear sliding of the mainshaft. I re-installed to proper location and it did it again everything I hard load like with pitch pumps.
I had to remove and clean up the gear and main shaft with electronic cleaner. I then re-installed with plastic safe thread locker. It seems to be holding for now.
i wouldn't use anything to keep the main gear sliding from hard crashes/movements. it usually move to avoid more severe damage to other parts from what i understand
DantHimself is offline Find More Posts by DantHimself
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:42 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I just make sure the shaft & gear shaft hole is free of oil by cleaning with alcohol before putting the gear back on.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Well got my motors in. Tested on a GCP cause my MCP already has one. GCP, HPO5, 8T problem solved. Tail holds great on pitch pumps with a 80% pitch curve. Found the motors on link below.
http://www.helipal.com/hm-v120d06-z-09-tai-motor.html
And on top of that the Delrin 7mm tail motor mount I bought with the Oversky 7mm tail motor fit the HM-V120D06-Z-09 Tail Motor perfect. There must be some kind of timing issue or something with the Oversky 7mm tail motors that don't agree with Walkera receivers.
http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...mini-cp-genius
Thanks. I just ordered these. Was going to go double bl but it is too expensive right now. Just can't justify it with my limited flight abilities either.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j35u5fr34k View Post
Thanks. I just ordered these. Was going to go double bl but it is too expensive right now. Just can't justify it with my limited flight abilities either.
If my tail blows out my flight abilities stink, I hit TH/throttle hold & hope it hits in my grass, cause I fly around 5 to 10 feet most of the time except for pitch punches which shoots me up. But with this tail motor one less thing to worry about. You will have to drill the tail rotor out. A 1mm drill bit should be perfect, I have a drill bit which is is little larger than a 1mm & I have to hot glue it to keep it on.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:13 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Just wanted to share my experience I just had with eHIROBO about having a mini cp rx board repaired. I bought one a few months ago but I have been plagued with problems and haven't even had a chance to really enjoy it. I've had some great help with members, especially indoorheli who even sent me some servo gears to help get me up and flying again! Well, it ends up I have a bad rx board and contacted eHIROBO to see if they can help me get it repaired. Leo Chan, a customer service representative, responded right away with an address. I sent it out today, I had to pay the shipping fees, 4 bucks, no biggie, I was just very happy to see they are trying to help me resolve the issue. I have heard others who have had bought from other resellers were not as lucky. I should of sent that email to Leo a many days ago, but very happy to see such customer service and I will definitely be purchasing from eHIROBO again. Thanks Leo and eHIROBO.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
Rx Mini CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveOmatic View Post
Just wanted to share my experience I just had with eHIROBO about having a mini cp rx board repaired. I bought one a few months ago but I have been plagued with problems and haven't even had a chance to really enjoy it. I've had some great help with members, especially indoorheli who even sent me some servo gears to help get me up and flying again! Well, it ends up I have a bad rx board and contacted eHIROBO to see if they can help me get it repaired. Leo Chan, a customer service representative, responded right away with an address. I sent it out today, I had to pay the shipping fees, 4 bucks, no biggie, I was just very happy to see they are trying to help me resolve the issue. I have heard others who have had bought from other resellers were not as lucky. I should of sent that email to Leo a many days ago, but very happy to see such customer service and I will definitely be purchasing from eHIROBO again. Thanks Leo and eHIROBO.
I can also add I to had a bad Rx and Miracle Mart was very helpful and repaired it for a small cost. Thanks to Kuen who made this service happen.

Len
lent57 is offline Find More Posts by lent57
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:46 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Look into the v911 and Turnigy FBL100. Those are cheap.

I've ordered some FBL100 booms, they are similar and in this case cheaper is better!
I don't want to desolder the wires, any opinions on how to install them with a good looking result?
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:59 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter_new View Post
I've ordered some FBL100 booms, they are similar and in this case cheaper is better!
I don't want to desolder the wires, any opinions on how to install them with a good looking result?
Without soldering I would wrap wires around boom then put shrink tubing over that.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:12 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
211 Posts
I just got the mini, and already have a question...
I've turned the blands by hand and noticed that they don't turn smoothly (at all).
I've tried to adjust the gear mess, but this didn't help. So, I've pulled off the engine and it doesn't turn smothly, I can feel stops when turning it. I haven't started it yet. Is this normal?Will it go away after starting it?
Thanks
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark View Post
I've turned the blands by hand and noticed that they don't turn smoothly (at all).
I've tried to adjust the gear mess, but this didn't help. So, I've pulled off the engine and it doesn't turn smothly, I can feel stops when turning it. I haven't started it yet. Is this normal?Will it go away after starting it?
Thanks
Isn't that normal for a motor since they have magnets, brushed or brushless? If you hear any unusual noises while spinning by hand, e.g. grinding, then I would be concerned. Otherwise, spool it up and see how it goes. If it doesn't go well stop.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter_new View Post
Looking good without running the wires through the boom is an oxymoron IMHO. Either run them through the boom if you have time/patience or run them on the left side of the boom or bottom (tail in perspective). Don't wrap them in my opinion as the blades could strike the wires causing damage in many ways.

Honestly, running them in the boom is the best. Make sure you have extra 1-1.5 mm heat shrink on hand. It is really easy to solder a few wires if you have a helping hands such as the one from Harbor Freight.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:28 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark View Post
Thanks
I wondered about this too as soon as I got my Mini.......however, don't worry. It works ok!
The only problem is that if you spool it up in Idle mode (I use 100% throttle over all) it turns. So just set it on a flat surface and let it turn. As soon as it spools up (goes very fast) you can fly!
Or set your normal curve a bit more peaceful and set it to idle after that. I don't do that cause the flighttime with a Mini is very limited!
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl