Does the motor (feel) harder to turn?
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,448 Posts
If you know you are gonna get a new motor? I might can help you get this one working again. But, you could kill it trying. Let me know.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuey19 View Post
Wires all good!

Trim centred. Tried trim up and down, nil change.

So here's a video of my problem. Newly charged 160mAh NanoTech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5S9...ature=youtu.be
Your motor is next to being dead. When you need to flick the prop to get it going it's dead. When it cuts out like that, it's tripping the over-current protection built into the brick because the resistance of the motor being crapped out causes too much current draw.

Sucks but that's the way it is with the brushed 1s pager motors.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,448 Posts
I have managed to fly at least two planes in this condition just to pass time waiting on new motors to arrive. It sucks, but at least it isn't screeching yet.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I have managed to fly at least two planes in this condition just to pass time waiting on new motors to arrive. It sucks, but at least it isn't screeching yet.
I did mine as well until it was doing continual deadsticks into the grass because of it. Now it has a new motor, there were 6 P-51 motors on the peg at the hobby shop I went to on vacation, and I had my 6 year old pick a number between 1 and 6 and that's the motor I went with

Hopefully she has better luck than me, the P-51 motor that was in the thing that just came out had issues from the get-go.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM
Joined Sep 2013
52 Posts
I'll order a few this week when some coin appears in my bank. I have tried flying it a bit like this doing hand launches only, but it just dawdles around. I know that the Champ is known for dawdling, but when a dawdler dawdles, its not fun. Struggles to get over 5m altitude.
schuey19 is offline Find More Posts by schuey19
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM
Joined Sep 2013
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
If you know you are gonna get a new motor? I might can help you get this one working again. But, you could kill it trying. Let me know.
Will get a few this week. What did you have in mind?
schuey19 is offline Find More Posts by schuey19