United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,787 Posts
New Product
43" VELOXITY from Twisted Hobbys and RCFactory

VIDEO HERE:

43" Veloxity (2 min 41 sec)

Greetings again Twisted brethren!

This summer, we started development of an ambitious new project. We had plenty of smaller foamies, from the awesome little pocket rockets like the mini MXS, Crack Yak, and Pitts, super light and precise indoor planes like the Edge V3 (congrats to Marek Plichta for taking 5th at the World Air Games flying this plane!) and Clik, Lite planes like the Crack Laser that are happy as both indoor monsters and go anywhere backyard flyers, tough as nails standard 32" planes like the venerable Crack Yak and MXS-C, and bigger backyard/park planes like the 39" Crack Yak and Flash. We also had the larger RCFactory 48" Sbach and Extra. But, we really had a bit of a gap in the line up, especially with the loss of some airplanes from another manufacturer.

So, we set out to develop a medium sized foamy to fill this gap. But like all projects at Twisted, we wouldn't be happy with just scaling up a smaller design and giving the same flight experience in a different size. We had to innovate! We wanted to do everything we could to take advantage of the larger size.

Enter the 43" Veloxity!

Starting with what has worked well for previous aircraft, we carefully adjusted and tweaked areas and moments, and picked a unique and specialized airfoil designed to be responsive and firm feeling without giving up stability. We also selected a thicker, denser foam construction, and RCFactory followed it all up with carbon inlays in all the right places, as well as precise ball end linkage. The resulting airframe not only is a pleasure to build, but is insanely stiff and strong with no carbon or foam external bracing!

We found that the super strong and stiff airframe was capable of supporting insane power levels, so the recommended power combo delivers just that! The Veloxity is capable of carrying 3S packs from 1500-2200 mah. A cheap 2200 mah pack will easily get you 6.5 minute flights! The new METAL GEARED and aluminum-cooled ICE servos are strong, precise, and fast.

In the air, the extra mass and stiffness delivers a flying experience never before available in a foamy. It's precise, stable, crazy when you want it to be, and can tumble and spin almost like a wood airplane. Long, high speed slow rolls right on the deck, blistering rifle rolls, super easy knife edge, and of course, all the 3D you can handle are all squarely in the Veloxity's repertoire.

If you are not yet an Xtreme Aerobatics super star, fret not. The Veloxity is extremely easy to fly with reduced control throws, and the extra mass and power will keep you in the air if there is a bit too much breeze for the 32" planes. As a stepping stone between flat foamies and a larger, more expensive balsa plane, the Veloxity is without equal. It's also durable enough to keep flying after crashes that would atomize full fuselage EPP foam planes, and simple and easy to repair after especially brutal dirt naps.

Without further ado, let's build and fly one!

For this airplane, I won't be doing a detailed build thread as I have in the past. Chris's awesome manual is all you will need. http://www.twistedhobbys.com/media/T...ity%20v01a.pdf

A note about glue: there are three glues you could conceivably use to build the Veloxity:

1. Beacon Foam-Tac
2. Welder
3. Thin/Medium CA

In the past, we have experimented with CA, and always recommended Welder. Welder is strong, resilient, and light. CA is very quick and easily obtained but does not evaporate, and is brittle, resulting in a heavier airplane that is not as durable. However, we have found that over time, Welder deteriorates in UV light (sunlight) and becomes brittle and yellow. Foam Tac has similar properties to Welder in application and once dried, but lasts and lasts in the sunlight. For this build I will use Foam Tac. All will work, but Foam Tac is by far my favorite.

GET ONE HERE

Great video by team pilot Benton Griffin!
Twisted Hobbys Veloxity RC Airplane (2 min 56 sec)

Another great video by team pilot Aaron Griffin!
Veloxity - The Time Has Come (5 min 11 sec)
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Last edited by cwojcik; Dec 13, 2015 at 07:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2015, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by cdee
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
2,704 Posts
Manual Link and Build Notes

Looks and sounds great...!!

Had mine in the air Sunday... this is everything mentioned above. Super simple build, like a 32" foamie, lots of thought put into the design and manufacturing. Pre-cut slots for all the carbon inlays..!! Really nice.

Twisted Hobbys' Assembly Manual is released for all of you that like to take a peek at the manual before making a purchase...
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Last edited by cdee; Dec 09, 2015 at 06:33 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2015, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Extremely Twisted
United States, LA
Joined Apr 2014
2,735 Posts
This looks awesome.
Eagle2Nitro is offline Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
2,646 Posts
Yeah buddy... look here for vids soon!!!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Team Twisted!
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Aug 2012
713 Posts
Looks very nice! Your sure do a great job designing planes Cody.
Benton3dflying is online now Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old Dec 08, 2015, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,493 Posts
Thank you Cody for introducing our newest shade of EPP from your twisted mind The Veloxity has been a personal goal of Twisted Hobbys as well as listening to our customers requests for those that have been desiring a Telink size model replacement. The new Velox is one of our largest models that builds the quickest do to the amount of added manufacturing features . Cody along with both Twisted Hobbys & Rcfactory's teams have pushed all aspects for this models regarding its building/construction ease for something different then the norm. Please allow our team to share some of the high lights of the Veloxity for you in this thread.

Brad
Twisted Hobbys
Twisted Realm is online now Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Twisted Realm; Dec 08, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2015, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
4,094 Posts
Is it recommended to get the Blue motor mount? I assume it is different than the telink mount? Will the Telink power system be ok for this model?
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Dec 08, 2015, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Twisted Do Nut!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Dec 2010
2,853 Posts
Oh man I love the graphics on this bird. Great design Cody. Waiting to see some videos.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Dec 08, 2015, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by ignernt_dweeb
United States, TX, Floresville
Joined Apr 2015
984 Posts
Videos... videos... videos... videos... videos... videos................
ignernt_dweeb is offline Find More Posts by ignernt_dweeb
Old Dec 08, 2015, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by cdee
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
Is it recommended to get the Blue motor mount? I assume it is different than the telink mount? Will the Telink power system be ok for this model?
This model has it's own unique upgrade mount for those interested, certainly not required, but it is really nice.

Veloxity Upgrade Motor Mount << link
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Dec 08, 2015, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Jan 2011
311 Posts
And just when I was thinking about upgrading to the 18SZ from Futaba...
ben_beyer is online now Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old Dec 08, 2015, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Team Twisted!
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Aug 2012
713 Posts
Just talked to my grandfather who is helping with the build. . He told me that the building is going great. He said it is very stiff and the foam is nice and thick. It is a easy build as everything is going together well. Looking forward to flying it this weekend.
Benton3dflying is online now Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old Dec 08, 2015, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by Dyrden
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Sep 2015
351 Posts
I'm interested.
Dyrden is online now Find More Posts by Dyrden
Old Dec 08, 2015, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by dlarson2
United States, MI, Saline
Joined Mar 2014
11 Posts
Need to check if this will fit in my car without too much of a struggle. This would be a no brainier if the wings came off. My 39" edge fits great. Hopefully this will fit too...
-Dave
dlarson2 is offline Find More Posts by dlarson2
Old Dec 09, 2015, 02:04 AM
Find More Posts by jasonille
Germany, RP, KL
Joined Aug 2012
557 Posts
I have it in my cart need to know if I need the motor mount or is it included in the kit?(Never mind seen earlier answer) Where did you get your spinner Cody? How do you mount the battery? Thanks
jasonille is offline Find More Posts by jasonille
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jasonille; Dec 09, 2015 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Added question