Old Aug 04, 2015, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by jfredmoran
old newbie
United States, ME, Poland
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Discussion
Drawing tool for IPAD?

Hi. I have an IPAD. I'm looking for a drawing/drafting tool that will enable me to import downloaded plans & modify them.
I searched this forum fo "IPAD" & got nothing.
Any body out there in the same boat, or am I doomed to ply these foggy waters on my own.
Some of you Windows users out there may not understand how anyone can survive without a mouse (yup, that's right, Apple's IPAD doesn't understand or speak mouse). Don't get me wrong, I would replace my old tired old windows machine in a flash if could afford to.
iDraw looks promising, but I really would like to talk to someone who has used it on an IPAD.
jfredmoran is offline Find More Posts by jfredmoran
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2015, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by portablevcb
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
17,169 Posts
we had one of the first versions and at the time there was nothing.

autodesk had a viewer app, but you could not change the drawing, only add edit marks.

Lack of a mouse is really the killer. Even a stylus doe not provide the accuracy you need for drawing. You have to zoom way in to select the proper point, then zoom out to find the next point, etc, etc.

For android there is an app called AutoQ3D that might be available for yours.
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb
Old Aug 05, 2015, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by BillO
Firecracker!
San Francisco & Santa Cruz
Joined Oct 2004
2,524 Posts
Check out Onshape. It is a multiplatform 3D CAD tool that runs in your browser and stores documents in the cloud. I have used it on Mac and iPad. You can get into the beta program now for free and they offer free use for up to 5 concurrent documents. Still a few months before production but very usable now.
BillO is offline Find More Posts by BillO
Old Aug 08, 2015, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by jfredmoran
old newbie
United States, ME, Poland
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Thanks BillO, I'll give it a shot.
jfredmoran is offline Find More Posts by jfredmoran
Old Aug 08, 2015, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by bluesky123
Crash=change of flying medium
Boulder, CO
Joined May 2002
1,409 Posts
Autodesk develops not only viewers but also full featured CAD apps, e.g. FormIt:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto...575282599?mt=8
Although FormIt is optimized for architects, I have used it to develop regular mechanical components, e.g. this CF bracket.
bluesky123 is online now Find More Posts by bluesky123
Old Aug 09, 2015, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by Tcat
Joined Jul 2004
99 Posts
Try "IPocket Draw". The lite version is free. I use it on an Ipad and Iphone.
Tcat is offline Find More Posts by Tcat