HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2015, 05:34 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
2,070 Posts
I had hoped phoam would respond about the servo removal. He's the professional at that sort of thing. Glad you got it done.

My original MM is approaching 400 flights. Probably due for some component replacement soon.

Dave
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2015, 01:58 AM
User
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,338 Posts
When I extracted servos from the wing, it was too easy because the wing was a total loss. So I removed the spar and just bent the foam wing upward right where the servos are located. I'm not so sure how much hassle it would be while leaving the wing intact.

Did the servo fail in flight?
phoam is online now Find More Posts by phoam
Old Mar 29, 2015, 05:09 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
782 Posts
Yes. One aileron servo failed in flight. Luckily, stuck in the neutral position. So all I noticed was reduced roll rate. I was kinda procrastinating to fix it and flew a few times with one working aileron. Still flew quite well.

The MM foam is tough, when I tried to yank the servo out with needle nosed plier, it hardly budged. It took quite a while of yanking and wiggling until the paint finally gave way. The foam underneath was unscathed.

The new servos are working well. I attempted a 12 point roll today and the MM pulled it off with ease. It's one sweet bird.
turbinefancy is online now Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Old Mar 29, 2015, 06:18 AM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
3,056 Posts
I use a few drops of ca remover. Let if soak in for a moment and then use a needle nose. Be sure to blot the excess away after the servo is removed. This method is only safe on epo.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2015, 06:24 PM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
782 Posts
FF,

Thanks for the tip on using CA remover. Good to know. It would save me lots of frustration the :next time around.
turbinefancy is online now Find More Posts by turbinefancy