HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,528 Posts
Hey Mike. Please let me know when you get the pitts. I have been thinking hard on getting one too. Would like/love to know your impressions of it first.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
12,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hey Mike. Please let me know when you get the pitts. I have been thinking hard on getting one too. Would like/love to know your impressions of it first.
Lee
I bought it already Bro. $119.00 at my LHS. Got the veterans discount I haven't maidened her yet but, I'm very much excited about my first flight with her.

My first impression was: Damn, this bird is build very good (all around). I was especially impressed with the tail feathers. The vertical stab is very thick/strong and the horizontals are pretty firm too. Nothing like a Champ or Carbon Cub which you know they are very flimsy.

I've already been told a million times (well maybe not a million) that this was going to be my "go to" bird.

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Today, 04:16 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,528 Posts
Ahh heck Mike. I ordered it last night. After watching many videos...I couldn't stand it. MT told me to get it. So, I did. hahaha

Gotta go make the doughnuts. Didn't sleep well. Had a lot of nightmares last night. Went to bed at midnight. Got out of bed at 4:30. And smoked two ciggys during the nightmare breaks. Dang it.

Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Today, 07:55 AM
United States, MI, Charter Twp of Clinton
Joined Mar 2015
29 Posts
Screw it...

...you boys were busy while I was off-line.

Someone sum up what has happened in the last 4 days in 6 lines or less.

I'll go first:
I got fired yesterday.

(it WAS a seasonal job, but Monday they told me I was being kept until the end of the year......and I have an interview on Saturday.)

On the up side....today is my "feel sorry for myself day." Gonna fly every damn bird I have.....including the middle finger one to my former employer.
Acid Burn is online now Find More Posts by Acid Burn
Old Today, 09:07 AM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
3,941 Posts
AB- I am sorry to read about your separation from employment for the "Seasonal" job that was "supposed" to go through the end of the year . Good Luck on the job interview on Saturday. My + hopes and wishes on the interview

Some people deserve a single finger salute . I had a few former superiors who also deserved that sign of respect too . I got a few "separations" from employment myself AB . I actually hugged one HR guy after one termination- I was so happy. Th HR guy literally "walked" my direct supervisor to his car in the parking lot "under guard" . I was allowed to hang and make goodbyes to my colleagues, staff, and residents.

Good luck AB. Relax and be good to yourself today and have some fun. Go shopping even .

Burdock is a powerful medicinal plant. It has wonderful anti-inflammatory qualities. I drank a tea made from dried leaves for a long time as recommended by a holistic practitioner, herbologist (sp?) who was treating me for the "disease". It seemed to work.

"After reading this sentence many times, I'm pretty sure I was part of American history and damn proud of it"- Mike

Mike- As happens sometimes the morning after I reread some of my posts and come away , but yes you read what I posted accurately and as intended. I for one was aware of what was happening in Southeast Asia and elsewhere back then , I did not serve, but was prepared (shot riflery at a competitive level at PSU PE ) after I lost my IIS deferment (bad grades ), but even back then I was honored to be serving those who did serve through volunteer crisis service work. I always supported the Veterans, not always the pols who are good at talking wars, but never fight them themselves . You and all the other veterans here and elsewhere, past, present, and in the future will be my heroes.... always.

Beautiful, cold Spring day here at JaysterAcres.

Have a good morning everyone-

Jay
jbrumberg is online now Find More Posts by jbrumberg
Old Today, 10:39 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
13,190 Posts
Well.... people getting new toys... and getting fired? Jay's having a flashback about being in Nirvana... this is hurting my head.

I was called 4 times for my induction physical. They didn't want me. I was on a student deferment in graduate school. They told me they wanted me here to deal with all the guys with PTSD when they came home. AHAHAHAHA! Life is funny sometimes....

I took the Phantom off of the helicopter body and flew it on a fresh battery. I was getting less than 5 minutes with the fuselage attached. I took off in the front yard and timed my flight. I kept waiting for the red light to come on.... but I got 17 minutes out of one pack. Whew! I guess my batteries are ok. I'll have to come up with a new invention.... I may try a boat.
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Today, 11:44 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
12,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Ahh heck Mike. I ordered it last night. After watching many videos...I couldn't stand it. MT told me to get it. So, I did. hahaha

Gotta go make the doughnuts. Didn't sleep well. Had a lot of nightmares last night. Went to bed at midnight. Got out of bed at 4:30. And smoked two ciggys during the nightmare breaks. Dang it.

Lee
Hey Lee, were those nightmares of crashing your new Pitts I hope you get some better rest soon.

Here's the UMX Pitts S-1S thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139002
Page 1

And the challenge is on

Mike.
Old Today, 11:56 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
12,575 Posts
AB, Sorry to hear about your job loss. I wonder if you would qualify for unemployment? I hope your interview Saturday bears much fruit Good luck.

Mike.
Old Today, 12:07 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3,941 Posts
Mike- I would think that AB would be eligible to collect unemployment for loss of a "seasonal" job if she had the required length of time of consistent work time on the job whatever that might be and she was not terminated "for cause" (like saluting with that single finger )

I always hated collecting.... demeaning experiences at the unemployment office although I did meet some interesting characters and the unemployment was never that much $ no matter how much $ the pols think it is.
Old Today, 12:18 PM
United States, MI, Charter Twp of Clinton
Joined Mar 2015
29 Posts
Thanks All!!!!

I don't think I will even have to worry about unemployment. I was contacted about two other jobs this morning, one of them for U of M compounding pharmacy. Interview on Monday.
Acid Burn is online now Find More Posts by Acid Burn
Old Today, 12:21 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3,941 Posts
AB- Congratulations and Good Luck!!! on the interviews... especially on Monday. Please check your wheel bolts Monday early. Good luck.

Jay
Old Today, 12:43 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
12,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Burn View Post
I don't think I will even have to worry about unemployment. I was contacted about two other jobs this morning, one of them for U of M compounding pharmacy. Interview on Monday.
Very cool AB. Things are already looking up for you. Stay positive I know this will happen for you.

Mike.