HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2015, 09:59 PM
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf dude View Post
Can someone post a closeup jpeg of what their nose gear servo setup looks like.? I need to QC the position and length of the servo arm and control rods. There's nothing in the manual about the nose gear door setup.

Thanks in advance
My gear doors were flush at the back but hung down a little In Front. I used a hair dryer to heat them and contoured them better to the foam shape. I did get some binding of the servo when doors are shut. It hums a little. Is this bad for the servo ?
guitars555 is offline Find More Posts by guitars555
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:02 PM
United States, FL, Palm Bay
Joined Oct 2007
170 Posts
not sure about spektrum telemetry having consumption data but us jeti flyers add sensors or use esc's that monitor mah used and send it back to the tx. The tx simply tells us what mah is consumed automaticaly at levels we choose and is constantly displayed in real time on screen also if you ever look at your screen while flying that is!. Can be an alarm or a nice sweet voice LOL!
Scott Seaman is online now Find More Posts by Scott Seaman
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitars555 View Post
This is what I do as well, but not WOT so have power to spare. With that in mind, I just bought a spectrum telemetry unit. I hear that 3.7 - 3.8v is where I should set my alarm, but am confused about the "consumption" alarms discussed. Is there a way to read mAh and set the TX alarm for that, or are you guys just doing calculations?
Not sure if Spectrum can do that that, when I first asked I was referring to my Jeti system which can do it with a MUI unit or a Mezon ESC.

Edit: Scott beat me to it LOL
Puttputtmaru is online now Find More Posts by Puttputtmaru
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:04 PM
Joined Mar 2014
54 Posts
I have made a connector from xt150(the one that comes with it)to xt90. I Can use that on planes that have xt150. My lipos are xt90.
pravesh736 is online now Find More Posts by pravesh736
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:26 PM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Hello all, Stinger 90 ordered , received,maiden , Before the maiden and while going through it, I read the 370plus pages and several thousand posts. Sorry but I really got tired of people posting things like the weather, sick animals, where flying fields and things like " going to bed now waiting for plane to be delivered . This was more like a chat room than. A Forum . I'm planning to posts my experience with the Stinger and will post TIPS , and starting each one with TIP so that they can be searched easy. Thanks for ur time. Just Plane Mike
JustPlaneMike is offline Find More Posts by JustPlaneMike
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Joined Apr 2010
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Seaman View Post
not sure about spektrum telemetry having consumption data but us jeti flyers add sensors or use esc's that monitor mah used and send it back to the tx. The tx simply tells us what mah is consumed automaticaly at levels we choose and is constantly displayed in real time on screen also if you ever look at your screen while flying that is!. Can be an alarm or a nice sweet voice LOL!
Thank you for the explanation. Sounds like a great feature, I wonder is it more accurate then voltage readings? I would assume it is.
guitars555 is offline Find More Posts by guitars555
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,182 Posts
It is always best actually to have both as a big drop in voltage is an indication of a cell going bad whereas mAh won't tell you this.
You will be more precise with mAh consumed because it will not flutuate with the load applied, it will just add faster, but voltage will and can sometimes tell you it is time to land although it is not when a sudden load is applied.
Old Today, 06:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,182 Posts
I think I found a solution to not trusting the clip that holds the flying surfaces pushrod to the servos.

it is low tech but I trust it will do the job:

- A piece of Dubro fuel line tubing medium size. It goes on very snug so it should not move at all.