SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2013, 12:24 PM
Go Fly Something!!
USA, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Jan 2009
862 Posts
Discussion
E-flite Inverza 280 BNF

Well looks like HH has another hit on its hands...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-basic-EFL6350

Product Description

Key Features

Minimal assembly and setup required
Hollow-molded foam construction with carbon fiber reinforcement
High-speed digital servos and Spektrum™ Nanolite receiver installed
High-power BL280, 1800Kv outrunner power system installed
High-performance custom propeller and matching spinner
Two-piece wing with easy-access attachment and carbon fiber joiner
Magnetic top and bottom hatches provide instant access
Large, double-beveled control surfaces attached with CA hinges
Robust wire landing gear and steerable tail wheel
Ready to bind to your DSM2®/DSMX® transmitter
Overview

The E-flite® Inverza™ 280 BNF Basic is a collaborative original design by RC aerobatic world champion Quique Somenzini, full-scale aerobatic aircraft craftsman Kevin Kimball and aviation artist Mirco Pecorari. Never before has an aerobatic aircraft been developed with a more dynamic team effort. Its unique blend of performance, grace and potency offers exceptional aerobatic performance for 3D, precision or scale flight, sized for you to enjoy at a convenient park or small field. Everything about its design, from its fit and finish to its original outline, reflects exceptional attention to the needs of performance minded pilots. As soon as you open the box, its design clearly reflects what experience has been missing from the world of aerobatics.

And discuss.......

Don
AMA 384859
dlt2859 is offline Find More Posts by dlt2859
Last edited by dlt2859; Apr 09, 2013 at 10:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,958 Posts
Keep em comin - If it's as good as the Edge which it appears to be a unidentical twin to, it will be a winner.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Apr 04, 2013, 12:30 PM
Go Fly Something!!
USA, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Jan 2009
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Keep em comin - If it's as good as the Edge which it appears to be a unidentical twin to, it will be a winner.

Same price as the 540QQ except this one has a round fuse.....Beast just around the corner mayhaps?

Don
AMA 384859
dlt2859 is offline Find More Posts by dlt2859
Old Apr 04, 2013, 02:13 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
431 Posts
Sharper looking plane in my mind than the Edge. Despite the Easter colors. Wondering why no AS3X.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:02 PM
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
237 Posts
This is not the edge reshaped. The full scale Inverza is a design I created which is a monoplane Model 12. We own the Model 12 design and make the full scale. I own the rights to the Inverza too. This airplane uses much of the Model 12 structure inside the fuselage just with 1 wing, cantilever tail, etc. Quique and I shared ideas on the full scale layout and the model. Mirco helped create the shape and paint scheme. Quique and his team at Horizon have done a wonderful job in developing a BNF model of my full scale design and I hear it flies awesome! The colors are my company colors. That is why we selected yellow and purple.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:08 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
This is not the edge reshaped. The full scale Inverza is a design I created which is a monoplane Model 12. We own the Model 12 design and make the full scale. I own the rights to the Inverza too. This airplane uses much of the Model 12 structure inside the fuselage just with 1 wing, cantilever tail, etc. Quique and I shared ideas on the full scale layout and the model. Mirco helped create the shape and paint scheme. Quique and his team at Horizon have done a wonderful job in developing a BNF model of my full scale design and I hear it flies awesome! The colors are my company colors. That is why we selected yellow and purple.
ATTAA BOY---LET them know whatss UP I have already pre orderd
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:10 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
497 Posts
I think it's sharp. I like the size as well, It's perfect for the park I fly in.
It'll be on my must have list.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:14 PM
Joined Mar 2013
200 Posts
Oh boy, I want!!!
JetLife is offline Find More Posts by JetLife
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:16 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
431 Posts
Quote:
Looks sharp to me. This may end up being my father's day present.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:19 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
So Kevin, can we assume the Python or Ti-12 is next!!! That would be soooooo awesome!
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:36 PM
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
So Kevin, can we assume the Python or Ti-12 is next!!! That would be soooooo awesome!
Never assume anything!!!
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:40 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Never assume anything!!!
Pleeeeeaaaaaaase?????
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 04, 2013, 03:41 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Never assume anything!!!
DO U mean the PITT BIPLANE,,,,,shrunk down to park size
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Apr 04, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,958 Posts
May be a different animal, but sure looks near enough to the Edge to put me in the wait mode for the Beast. Absolutely love the edge though - perfect size, all the power and abilities you need and will fly slow too. Made old style micros almost obsolete. And someone asked about as3x - why would anybody want it, if it flies like the Edge it does not need it.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Apr 04, 2013, 05:45 PM
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
May be a different animal, but sure looks near enough to the Edge to put me in the wait mode for the Beast.
As I wrote above, don't assume or pass on a great airplane on a simple hope that a Beast might appear. How long can you stay in wait mode?