HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:53 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Help!
just need help

guys i was out yesterday and i saw someone who was flying bixler 2 and im wondering how to build one , i have zero experience of building a plane but i want to have a hobby like you guys so please help me , i will be so grateful if you guys showed me the way through step by step . thank you
Noor is offline Find More Posts by Noor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:46 AM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor View Post
guys i was out yesterday and i saw someone who was flying bixler 2 and im wondering how to build one , i have zero experience of building a plane but i want to have a hobby like you guys so please help me , i will be so grateful if you guys showed me the way through step by step . thank you

Here is a thread on the Bixler/Skysurfer for research.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=bixler
You will see there are various modifications individuals make on almost everything on the plane. (I have two that are "enhanced")

Hobbyking: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rSearch=bixler

By the phrasing of your question you have hit multiple threads on the RCGroup forum. e.g. building, flying and a certain airplane. A little background is needed to point you in the right direction.

Have you flown an RC before? Members of the forum are willing to help we just need sense of where you are in the hobby to assist. (Be prepared as there will be many more posts/questions/comments to come.)
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:06 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,106 Posts
If at all possible, find out if there are any local RC clubs in your area. If there are, visit them and introduce yourself. You will find most clubs have members who are very interested in getting you started in the most expeditious manner. They may even have a club trainer or two and will let you try out flying on a buddy box. If you attempt to fly on your own, you are almost guaranteed many failure initially which can be costly both in time and money. visit the AMA website and ask for the names and locations of nearby clubs.
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:00 AM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,352 Posts
You need to learn what makes the plane fly first before just trying to fly a plane. Get a SIM would be a good move before a plane. The easy way to get start is join a club because they have already learnt the things you need to learn to enjoy this hobby. Joining a club is not a life sentence, if you would rather fly elsewhere that is fine you just don't renew your club membership after you have got the basics sorted out.
Great_Goose is online now Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:44 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,579 Posts
The best way to learn to build RC planes is to buy a cheap kit and follow the instructions. There are trainer kits for only $20.00 for the airframe, then you have to buy the electronics. That way when you crash it, its easier to repair, since you built it.
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,405 Posts
Hold on.

Are you specifically looking to actually build a plane, or do you just want an RC plane to fly? There's no building involved with the Bixler 2.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀