Joined Apr 2011
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
ohh your not the only one having probs with java and flashing

been experiencing this for days using the kk or naze32

my post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=64
well the thing is that it used to work...then i updated my java the other day and poof...works no more....i dont remember what i did to get it to work last time other than it took me like 3 hours of fiddling around,,,,
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:14 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
well the thing is that it used to work...then i updated my java the other day and poof...works no more....i dont remember what i did to get it to work last time other than it took me like 3 hours of fiddling around,,,,
I think adding Java to the path (forget how I did it) made the difference for me. Had to get the 64 bit version too I know. Hope mine is still working, I think Java wants to update, but I'm not sure I'll let it.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:14 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
I had to add the path statement for java.exe in win 7 to get it to work. May be the same for win8, cannot comment on that since I don't have it. I researched win 7 and found others had to do this as well. The original path statement directed to the wrong area. I renamed it path 1 and then made new path statement. All it would do originally when trying to run zero's program was flash the dos box on screen and then shut right down. After the new path statement, it worked flawlessly.

http://java.com/en/download/help/path.xml
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
I also had to get the 64 bit version of java in order to run the flash tool.
georgehine is offline Find More Posts by georgehine
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:23 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
I had to add the path statement for java.exe in win 7 to get it to work. May be the same for win8, cannot comment on that since I don't have it. I researched win 7 and found others had to do this as well. The original path statement directed to the wrong area. I renamed it path 1 and then made new path statement. All it would do originally when trying to run zero's program was flash the dos box on screen and then shut right down. After the new path statement, it worked flawlessly.

http://java.com/en/download/help/path.xml
ok i was reading about that...so what would the path be for this? i watched the video on lazy zero's site and came up with this... C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin

now do i just add that to the first window and name it PATH under user variables?

I do have the 64 bit version i know that for sure
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:24 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
I just got my tricopter going. Can you do complete flips with the 1.5 firmware or do you have to use a acro version of firmware?
georgehine is offline Find More Posts by georgehine
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:36 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:
ok i was reading about that...so what would the path be for this? i watched the video on lazy zero's site and came up with this... C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin

now do i just add that to the first window and name it PATH under user variables?

I do have the 64 bit version i know that for sure
Yea that sounds right. If you already have a path statement, rename it to something else like path 1 and make a new path statement named path with that mapping. Then the original will still be there in case you have to revert back. Mines 64 bit as well.
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:41 PM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehine View Post
I just got my tricopter going. Can you do complete flips with the 1.5 firmware or do you have to use a acro version of firmware?
Acro was for the previous generation of board. With KK2 you just need the stick scaling high enough. Check out hallstudio's videos on YouTube.

Full disclosure: I'm not at flip state yet, so this is not from personal experience.

cheers,
Andrew
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:41 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2006
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Yea that sounds right. If you already have a path statement, rename it to something else like path 1 and make a new path statement named path with that mapping. Then the original will still be there in case you have to revert back. Mines 64 bit as well.
Be careful! Your initial path statement contains paths other programs rely upon.

Better to ADD to the existing path, not delete it.
JBPiantanida is offline Find More Posts by JBPiantanida
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,372 Posts
Well i added a new path statement and it still doesn't work....why is this such a pain? I get the same exact statement that is in my screen shots....
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Well i added a new path statement and it still doesn't work....why is this such a pain? I get the same exact statement that is in my screen shots....
I might have steered you wrong with the system PATH environment variable ... I just checked mine and java isn't in there. So now I need to remember what it is that I changed.

I just checked mine still worked, with a KK2 board and it does. I'm using W7 and pretty sure it was 64 bit java.

Are you launching the "kkMulticopterFlashTool_SERIAL" version? That's what I use.

HTH.

cheers,
Andrew
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:14 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,694 Posts
my problem is I can't install java period, and my user profile management is too far gone I'm stuck with doing a reformat some day soon.
To do any flashing I need to use dos only and I can't figure out the command line for stmflashloader
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:16 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
I might have steered you wrong with the system PATH environment variable ... I just checked mine and java isn't in there. So now I need to remember what it is that I changed.

I just checked mine still worked, with a KK2 board and it does. I'm using W7 and pretty sure it was 64 bit java.

Are you launching the "kkMulticopterFlashTool_SERIAL" version? That's what I use.

HTH.

cheers,
Andrew
yes...i have tried all of them and non of them work...when i run the serial version this is what i get...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:34 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2006
275 Posts
Quote:
yes...i have tried all of them and non of them work...when i run the serial version this is what i get...
Where are the flash tool files located? Are they all in the same folder? I have mine in a folder in My Documents.

The jave.exe resides in the windows system32 folder which is one of the default paths. Your error seems to be saying it can't find one of the flash tool files.

And I run kkMulticopterFlashTool.cmd under Windows 8 64-bit and it works for me even after upgrading java recently.
JBPiantanida is offline Find More Posts by JBPiantanida