SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Is there a difference in the blade pivot diameters of the two helis? Or the 'female' mating parts of the two sets of blades? I'm wondering what else they've changed besides the battery connector.
Yes there is..

Allow me clarify the situation:

The blades that came installed on the new V911 pivoted and moved freely without any problems. The heli flew great right out of the box. It was the replacement blades whose "female" mating part was too small... So the diameters are different. The ones that fit are 3mm wide, the replacements that came with the new V911 are 2.5mm wide.

The replacement blades that came with my "old" V911 are also 3mm, so they fit my "new" V911 without any problems whatsoever. So I don't think there were any changes to the rotor head between the old and the new style. At least not with mine.

I hope WL Toys didn't make a huge manufacturing screw up and are going to start shipping replacement blades whose "female" mating part is too small to fit their amazing helicopter.

I plan to order two sets of replacement blades from TMart today in hopes that they're the 3mm size blades. Keep them handy incase I break the main rotors again.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Last edited by HuskySpade; Oct 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,329 Posts
I measured my v911, which was one of the first v911 back in the Corter days. And the head pins are just under 2.5mm.

I also measured the new y911 that I just got in and the same pins are just shy of 2.5mm.

So, it seems to me that 2.5mm is the nor considering the wide range between the two heli?

I wonder if there were some 3mm built in one of the revs between them? Or do you think the new v911 are built with 3mm blade pivot pins now?

Interesting. I don't think it affects many of you guys because you simply buy new v911 bnf whenever one goes down.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
Thank you for the info about my Heli and where to buy the new batteries. Hope there's a US distributer soon.
Warrior0465 is offline Find More Posts by Warrior0465
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:59 AM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
I had a good one happen to me, one of my 911's after it crashed had the symptoms of a bent main shaft. So I figured if I had to replace it I might as well replace it with the carbon fiber one. After doing so the thing wobbled as bad or worse than before. Come to find out one of the little flybar weights had fallen out, so after waiting a week for parts I took and drilled out the ends of flybar and used two self tappers and it flies better than my other one.( removed the other weight)
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:59 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
892 Posts
Field charging station

Hi

I've been using this device daily since February to charge my 7 inch Android tablet. For the last month I have also used it to charge my helicopter batteries. It has two USB outputs, one for Android devices and the other for iOS devices. Both outputs work just fine for the V911 (and Syma 107G) charger and other stuff like Bluetooth headsets, keyboards etc. No problems charging helicopter batteries or other stuff while it is also charging the Android.

Basically, it's a 10000mAh LiPo battery in a case with USB charging outputs. It comes with both a mains charger and a cigarette lighter cable. It can be charged while it is charging other devices and keeps my Android tablet fully charged all day while it is on with the screen, WiFi, Cell and GPS active. I've used it for that a few times on long drives and long flights.
(Airline, not helicopter... )
Very few aftermarket chargers can manage to keep up with the Android while it is active with the LCD on.

In addition to the two USB ports, the device has a switchable 9V / 12V output, so with a little hacking, you could velcro it to the back of your TX to power that too. I haven't bothered with this since the AA batteries in my TX seem to last forever. I usually fly two batteries or more per day and haven't replaced my TX batteries yet.

Those of you with nice flight cases could install it in the case and power some LED lights off it too. (I'm looking at my Pelican attache case right now...)

http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-High-...pr_product_top

I got mine at Amazon, but I'm sure there are other sources.

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Last edited by nagromnewo; Oct 12, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
;Hi
http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-High-...pr_product_top
I got mine at Amazon, but I'm sure there are other sources.
There's a cheaper alternative.
Get 4 x 18650 batteries and this powerbox :
5V In 3A Output 2A USB 18650 Battery Box Charger Portable Mobile Power Supply
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-In-3A-Out...#ht_5971wt_954

I'm using this as a field charger for my v911/v929/v939 (and charger backup for my smartphone) lipos myself.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:24 PM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
418 Posts
Just received 2 V911 BNF from TMart. Both are old style.
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,329 Posts
Which warehouse?

I have a feeling, the US warehouse has older stock compared to the International one. Their inventory probably has less movement versus their chinese warehouse.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
Just received 2 V911 BNF from TMart. Both are old style.
BNFs in the new style are not available at the present time. I contacted TMart last week asking if they have the BNF available in the new style (when I was looking for a replacement) and they didn't have them. They also didn't specify when BNFs for the new style would be available...

Sucks for those of us that own the new style.

I ordered a "new arrival" V911 kit from TMart last week in hopes that I would get the new style to match my first V911. Well it arrived yesterday and it turned out to be the old style, the only thing different about it was the packaging, it came in a smaller, square box. Seems to me that its a hit or miss at this point when it comes to ordering the "new" V911.
Last edited by HuskySpade; Oct 12, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:40 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Which warehouse?

I have a feeling, the US warehouse has older stock compared to the International one. Their inventory probably has less movement versus their chinese warehouse.
A little web surfing on their site confirms that is the case, the old style RTF's and BNF's are from their "international warehouse", whereas the new style one's (RTF only) are from US warehouse.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,329 Posts
Ah, I see. Trying to make sense of it. Guess that's the price we pay for not dealing with a hobby specific e-tailer.

What I'd like is more sources for the y911. It's a smooth flying heli.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Ah, I see. Trying to make sense of it. Guess that's the price we pay for not dealing with a hobby specific e-tailer.

What I'd like is more sources for the y911. It's a smooth flying heli.
Do you also have problems according rudder trimming on these v911 clones?
I have a yellow and a white and both need always rudder trimming since I got them.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:01 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enea 54 View Post
friends, does anyone know the reason for these vibrations? 3:30 minutes.http://youtu.be/OiC7UgzQd_c
Did you ever figure out your problem there?

When mine did that it was because one of the main blades was cracked near the hub. See attached picture, you can also see that the end is split where the screw goes through.

LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post

When mine did that it was because one of the main blades was cracked near the hub. See attached picture, you can also see that the end is split where the screw goes through.

Thats what happened to my first V911. The blade cracked right where the screw goes in.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:24 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post

How did you figure that out, changing blades and noticed it?? Mine every now in than just shakes than flies great haven't figured it out yet maybe I should check blades.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4