HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:53 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
New video

UMX Beast 3D BNF Basic with AS3X Technology by E-flite (1 min 44 sec)
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:46 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Notice the gym shot...looks like it tagged the wall @ 00:46...lol...they cut away from that part.
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:05 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
You still gotta fly it :-( ....lol. Hopefully, people don't see this as one of those autostabilizers like the Ruby, and that this system will not prevent crashes. Hard to tell though from the video that thats what was going to happen. The Beast has a tight pitch.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:48 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
You still gotta fly it :-( ....lol. Hopefully, people don't see this as one of those autostabilizers like the Ruby, and that this system will not prevent crashes. Hard to tell though from the video that thats what was going to happen. The Beast has a tight pitch.

Oh heck ya! Wee Beastie wouldn't be my first choice for indoor trickery however...eats up a lot of airspace in a hurry...still, t'would be fun. I like the wee Beastie for carving up large portions of outdoor airspace. I'll prolly get a v2 in the spring.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:08 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
You can tell at the 0:33 mark they are actually flying in wind. Those vertical rolls are being pushed by the wind.
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:09 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
You can tell at the 0:33 mark they are actually flying in wind. Those vertical rolls are being pushed by the wind.
I like the with/without split screen segment @ 00:15...that's the shot that Telos was arguing with me about.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:11 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
I like the with/without split screen segment @ 00:15...that's the shot that Telos was arguing with me about.
Yeah.. But I actually think the wind-affected plane is staged a tad. It looks like it's really being kicked around too much.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:14 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
I've had mine do it...just like that. Out here, the abrupt out-of-nowhere gusty desert crosswinds are what catch those wingtips nastily.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
How fast will this be with the new Sbach motor? Will it fall in between the old umx beast and the sbach??
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:20 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
I have been wondering why they changed the motor. Because of the increased weight? Seems I remember a post a while back about why the Sbach motor would not be good in the beast.
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:45 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
WSEN: They said because of the increased electronics weight and battery.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:22 AM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
SILVEREXPRESS - Can you please do me a favour?

I've noticed on RealFlight G4.5 when using the UMX Beast model, that it always feels nose heavy when in KE. I looked at the model and tried to see if I could fix it, but I had no idea where to start.

Can you look at the RF UMX Beast model and see why it doesn't KE straight without pitch coupling? I'd appreciate it very much.

Thank you!

bc
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:56 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
I've had mine do it...just like that. Out here, the abrupt out-of-nowhere gusty desert crosswinds are what catch those wingtips nastily.
Mine has been kicked around in the wind just like that too! Makes for some really interesting landings!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:41 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryclock View Post
SILVEREXPRESS - Can you please do me a favour?

I've noticed on RealFlight G4.5 when using the UMX Beast model, that it always feels nose heavy when in KE. I looked at the model and tried to see if I could fix it, but I had no idea where to start.

Can you look at the RF UMX Beast model and see why it doesn't KE straight without pitch coupling? I'd appreciate it very much.

Thank you!

bc
Morning,

I'll look into it. Sounds like an interesting problem. I thought it was inherent in the airframe, and I just thumb corrected it. After some thought, there is always the likelihood that it was modelled incorrectly.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:54 AM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Morning,

I'll look into it. Sounds like an interesting problem. I thought it was inherent in the airframe, and I just thumb corrected it. After some thought, there is always the likelihood that it was modelled incorrectly.
Iv had tons of work with modeling.. and what you can do is go in and Increase the side area of the model, which will Decrease the amount of rudder usage when in KE flight. Essentially thats what SFG's (side force generators) do.
knifeedge63 is online now Find More Posts by knifeedge63