HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:59 PM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamania View Post
Suggest leaving it be unless it is not moving freely. The elevators on my 62" are off a bit and it still flies just fine. Enjoy your new ride!

Well the elevators work fine ,its where you CA the stab and line it up to the fuse thats where
it is at a angle,from side to side its off kinda if i look from the top or bottom,im so upset...
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Last edited by dbgood; Apr 25, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
R/C is a SICKNESS
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgood View Post
So im just getting my Orsiris ready for its maiden tomorrow,
i see that the elevator is off abit its the same length
from fuse to elevator ,but its angled a tad ,it looked great
when i was doing it but the angle is off abit....
Cant really do anything about it because its CA'd already,
im so upset,cant really notice it unless i look hard at it...
maybe i can try to use a Xacto blad, but i'll probably rip into the
wood or covering to reglue it...

Good luck....your going to love this plane
Duncandiver is offline Find More Posts by Duncandiver
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:09 PM
R/C is a SICKNESS
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Morse View Post
I'm using 4S/2500 25C packs, and I now have my timer set at 7 minutes. I'm very conservative with my packs, and they come down at around 15 volts after 7 minutes of pretty aggresive pattern flying. But you are correct that flight times are widely varied with this plane depending on throttle management. This plane on 4S is capable of doing huge maneuvers, but the bigger you make your loops, the more juice you will use, obviously.
Wow I must be hitting it kinda hard...I'm running 4S/30C 3300's for 6.5 min and ending with 15V. Running with 11x6 (lots of high vertical runs and fast passes, too much fun)

I also use 4S 2200 in my Aspera and land with 15V after 4.5 min.
Duncandiver is offline Find More Posts by Duncandiver
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:30 AM
Advocating for RC Aviation
USA, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Jul 2010
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Well the elevators work fine ,its where you CA the stab and line it up to the fuse thats where
it is at a angle,from side to side its off kinda if i look from the top or bottom,im so upset...
Yup, can be real upsetting, especially after taking the time to measure and eyeball the alignment a few times before running the CA into the joint. OTOH if you are aware of the misalignment, perhaps it will help anticipate which direction, if any, trim may be needed once airborne? Unless it is a big misalignment, she'll probably fly fine anyway. Hopefully the rain showers clear out before the weekend begins so we can get some flying done here in the NE. Good luck with your maiden! Dana
danamania is offline Find More Posts by danamania
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
Boulder, co
Joined Oct 2003
16 Posts
It depends a lot, of course. on how far off the stab is. I'm sure it will fly OK, but I remember a while back I epoxied the stab crookedly into an Ultrastick. Although its not a precision plane by any means, I could never get it to track straight in loops. Since I couldn't face major surgery, I finally just put floats on it and use it for putting around the lake.

If its just a little bit off, I agree that you may never notice the problem.
wozniak is offline Find More Posts by wozniak
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Maiden

Just maidened my blue Osiris today,i love it,im running a Eflite 60 in it,
apc 11x8E,and a Omega motor in it,
i hooked it up to the WattsupMeter ,fresh battery and i got,5 second burst
48.9 amps,
712 watts
Does that sound about right?

Also does anyone know what PWM Switching Frequency for the
motor? I have it set at 8kHz

Thanks,
DB
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:08 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,123 Posts
Quote:
Does that sound about right?
Sounds like an insane amount of power! Glad to hear that the stab problem didn't ruin your day.

Neil
Neil Morse is offline Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Yup, can be real upsetting, especially after taking the time to measure and eyeball the alignment a few times before running the CA into the joint. OTOH if you are aware of the misalignment, perhaps it will help anticipate which direction, if any, trim may be needed once airborne? Unless it is a big misalignment, she'll probably fly fine anyway. Hopefully the rain showers clear out before the weekend begins so we can get some flying done here in the NE. Good luck with your maiden! Dana
Thank you Dana,the maiden went great,i set the airD/R like the manual,i think its25mm,and wow it rolls almost 2 quick,wow,but i love it!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:53 PM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Also put it into a hover,it was ok but the when i punched it out of a hover ,it wasnt
to powerful or fast out of it..
Maybe run a 12x6,wonder how many watts i'll be pulling,esp if i was in the
low 700 watts with the APC 11x8.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:55 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,001 Posts
Quote:
Also put it into a hover,it was ok but the when i punched it out of a hover ,it wasnt
to powerful or fast out of it..
Maybe run a 12x6,wonder how many watts i'll be pulling,esp if i was in the
low 700 watts with the APC 11x8.
dbgood, I ran my Omega 130g with a Xoar 12x6 in a EF Vanquish and While I don't remember what amount of watts In I was getting, It seems like it was in the mid 6oo's I didn't like the way it flew and went with a APC11x7e. You should try the 12x6 on the Osiris and see what you think about it. You might like it better than the APC 11x8e.

My 47" Osiris is set-up with a APC11x8e prop, 60A Cobra ESC, 130g Omega, and a 4s 14.8v 30c 2650mAh Lipo. It's pulling 45A and I'm getting about 630 Watts in or about 475 Watts to the prop. (It's a beast with this setup and weight) I have the airframe fine tuned and carry no coupling in knife edge in either directiion. I'd have to check my final C/G, But as I remember it's around 118mm. with that C/G I get just a slight push on inverted flight.

I run more throw on down elevator on both high rate and low and also reduce the expo for a better feel inverted.

The more you play with your Osiris, the more you will like it. Here's to many, many more enjoyable flights.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,123 Posts
If you want to hover, get a 3D plane. This ship is designed for other things.
Neil Morse is offline Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:00 PM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
dbgood, I ran my Omega 130g with a Xoar 12x6 in a EF Vanquish and While I don't remember what amount of watts In I was getting, It seems like it was in the mid 6oo's I didn't like the way it flew and went with a APC11x7e. You should try the 12x6 on the Osiris and see what you think about it. You might like it better than the APC 11x8e.

My 47" Osiris is set-up with a APC11x8e prop, 60A Cobra ESC, 130g Omega, and a 4s 14.8v 30c 2650mAh Lipo. It's pulling 45A and I'm getting about 630 Watts in or about 475 Watts to the prop. (It's a beast with this setup and weight) I have the airframe fine tuned and carry no coupling in knife edge in either directiion. I'd have to check my final C/G, But as I remember it's around 118mm. with that C/G I get just a slight push on inverted flight.

I run more throw on down elevator on both high rate and low and also reduce the expo for a better feel inverted.

The more you play with your Osiris, the more you will like it. Here's to many, many more enjoyable flights.

J
Yes my CG is at 115mm,i am running a eflite 4cell,2500mah..
also give it a very slight push for inverted flight...very nice!!
also just checked my radio im not running any expo at all,forgot to
add it ,but it seems fine so far
DB
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:17 AM
Advocating for RC Aviation
USA, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Jul 2010
1,390 Posts
Congrats on the maiden and have fun finding the final trim for your flying fun! Dana
danamania is offline Find More Posts by danamania
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:05 AM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Congrats on the maiden and have fun finding the final trim for your flying fun! Dana
Thank you!!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:05 PM
Boise, ID
Joined Dec 2008
1,102 Posts
Well guys, I'm through with this bird. Way beyond my abilities. Crashed my repaired Osiris on its "second maiden" after it's extensive repair. Even with low rates and exponential, its control surfaces were too much and into the ground it went after squirreling around in the sky. At least its CoG was good this time. But, another cartwheel into the sagebrush.

Funny thing is that, once again, the wings were hardly touched. Cowl is smashed. Fuselage is probably unrepairable--well, practically speaking.

It goes into the trash, unless somebody wants me to scavenge some parts for you. I'd like to keep the electronics, but pm me if you want wings or what not. I can take digital pics and send, if anyone is interested.
tlr-boise is offline Find More Posts by tlr-boise