SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:03 AM
Joined Jul 2007
66 Posts
Thanks both of you.

I'll check out your thread, navigator2011.
helliefan is offline Find More Posts by helliefan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:01 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a couple here. Got my V400 today, nice!
It came with a Devo7 with software V0.3A. I have a Devo 10 on the way.
Gonna get a smaller cheaper sacrificial lamb BNF of sorts from the classified to go back and fourth to from the simulator until I take to the V400.
FYI - I'm not going to tear into this thing mechanically or attempt to fly it for a long time. Some of my questions below may indicate that I am. I just want to look ahead a little
I could use your expertise in knowing my hardware to point me at a recommended thread that will help me with my inquiry's bellow because simulation and radio setup issues may be out of context here?
  1. The current receiver on the V400 is the RX2614-D. The Devo 10 is coming with the ReceiverRX1002. So, if you were going to do the above mentioned, would you put the RX1002 on the V400 and the RX2614-D on the trainer. Both will be piloted using the Devo 10.
  2. I have HelisimRC on Win7 x64 Pro and all it can see is the MS Joystick. Heh! I fire it up and the heli goes out of sight.
    How do I get the Devo 7 in the list of devices.

Thanks Guys
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:09 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
1. Should have got the Devo w/o the receiver. The 2614 has the cyclic and tail gyros. The RX1002 is just a receiver.
2. Can't help you here. Look around and let me know because my 10 is on the way. If you don't and I get a chance I'll also look.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:53 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
1. Should have got the Devo w/o the receiver. The 2614 has the cyclic and tail gyros. The RX1002 is just a receiver.
2. Can't help you here. Look around and let me know because my 10 is on the way. If you don't and I get a chance I'll also look.
Too late now but I could not find it without a receiver.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:26 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Too late now but I could not find it without a receiver.
Hang on to that receiver because if (more like, When) you decide to build another helicopter using different gyros (3gx, beastx, etc) you will need that receiver in order to use your transmitter. Also you can use that receiver in a plane if you want.

Btw, I just shot a quick video of how to set up the devo 7 with helisimRC. I'm uploading it to youtube now so i'll post it when it's done. It's bad quality again but hopefully that'll help ya get to flying the sim. I remember a few things took me a while to set up for the sim and i had to mess around with it a bit, so I figured i'd shoot a quick how to video to save you and others the trouble.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:00 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Btw, I just shot a quick video of how to set up the devo 7 with helisimRC. I'm uploading it to youtube now.....It's bad quality again but hopefully that'll help ya get to flying the sim.

Thank You! Thank You! I'll not say a WORD!!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:09 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
I have HelisimRC on Win7 x64 Pro and all it can see is the MS Joystick. Heh! I fire it up and the heli goes out of sight.
How do I get the Devo 7 in the list of devices.
I'm assuming you bought the correct connector cable to connect the transmitter to the usb port? If so, when you connect it, your transmitter should flash between your model name and "PC" on the display screen.

In the HelisimRC software, when i go to joystick / controller select, the only thing that shows up on mine is Microsoft PC - joystick driver, and when i select that it seems to work fine with the devo 7 (I have windows vista btw)

It's possible the software sees your transmitter but you just need to set it up right (reverse throttle channel, etc) cause if it thinks your throttle is maxed out it will just shoot the heli to the sky. I made a little video to show my settings both in the transmitter and on the helisimRC. It had taken me a little while to get the devo 7 set up with the simulator, but once i set it up it works fine.

Assuming your PC is seeing your transmitter, try following the setup I have:

Devo7 with HelisimRC (12 min 10 sec)

Hope that helps get you started. If you still don't think your pc is seeing your transmitter there may be something else going on there...
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:22 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Nice,

I am running Win7 X64 and wonder. But......... what kind of cable connection do you use. Is the plug on the radio mono or stereo?I have a GWFSM002 USB to Stereo plug.
My PC cannot see the Devo 7.

Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:27 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
I'm guessing it should be USB to USB. Have you tried that? My Devo 10 should be here around 3 EST.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:28 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
I bought a cable that said it was for hooking up the walkera transmitters to the computer, so i'm not too sure exactly which one it is. On the usb it says "UB-001"

i'm not sure if it's mono or stereo, but the headphone jack that plugs into the devo has one black ring (mono i think?)

Does your devo 7 see the PC at all? (do the letters PC show up on the display screen?)
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:44 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
I'm guessing it should be USB to USB. Have you tried that? My Devo 10 should be here around 3 EST.
Enjoy the devo 10 and let us know what you think about it!

fyi, i'm not sure about the devo 10, but the devo 7 uses a headphone jack to connect it to the computer, so you need a headphone to usb converter.

Gapi, I did a quick search and it looks like this headphone jack is indeed a mono, so that might be your problem. Do you have a stereo to mono converter by any chance?

Guess the video won't help you until you get this sorted out. Once you do though hopefully that'll help u get your settings correct for the simulator.

If you don't have a converter I wonder if there is a way to short the two stereo signals to create a mono jack??
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:45 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,159 Posts
Bought some carbon fibre stock and want to make something to add strength to plastic mounts. Have everything to get bird as new again. I have a EXI pro carbon 450 kit and do what I can to avoid using cheap servos in it. We learn from our mistakes. I see all Walkrea Metal gear servos are out of stock. So I guess there are more then a few birds all apart on work benches around. Now just need some ambition to geter done !!
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
fyi, i'm not sure about the devo 10, but the devo 7 uses a headphone jack to connect it to the computer, so you need a headphone to usb converter.

Gapi, I did a quick search and it looks like this headphone jack is indeed a mono, so that might be your problem. Do you have a stereo to mono converter by any chance?

Guess the video won't help you until you get this sorted out. Once you do though hopefully that'll help u get your settings correct for the simulator.

If you don't have a converter I wonder if there is a way to short the two stereo signals to create a mono jack??
I just got back and got a Stereo to Mono adapter and its still a no go. The Devo7 says PC on the front but Windows 7 will not see it.
Not in device manager.
Or in Control panel/Devices and Printers/PPM. I sees a Microsoft joy stick. I think that is generic with Win7.

Before I posted on it I did a search also and have read "Will Not Work in Windows 7". So this must be my case.

I too have a Devo 10 in route for nexrt week so we will see how that works.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:08 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
That sucks. Do you have an old computer you can dedicate to your simulator?

Mine shows up in device manager under "human interface devices" as "USB human interface device" and it shows up in control panel under "Game Controllers" as "PPM"

In helisimRC it just shows up as Microsoft PC - joystick driver

Anybody else running a walkera transmitter on windows 7?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Nice,

I am running Win7 X64 and wonder. But......... what kind of cable connection do you use. Is the plug on the radio mono or stereo?I have a GWFSM002 USB to Stereo plug.
My PC cannot see the Devo 7.

Thanks
Quote:
I bought a cable that said it was for hooking up the walkera transmitters to the computer, so i'm not too sure exactly which one it is. On the usb it says "UB-001"

i'm not sure if it's mono or stereo, but the headphone jack that plugs into the devo has one black ring (mono i think?)

Does your devo 7 see the PC at all? (do the letters PC show up on the display screen?)
gapi- Looks like you have a cable that works for the DX6i and diberto has the correct cable for the WK (UB-001). One didn't come with my Devo 10 so my next project is to get Deviation operational on it. I ordered the UB-001. You probably won't have a problem with getting it to work with Win 7 x64. That's what I'm running and it was based on Vista anyway.