SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:39 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,371 Posts
There is a timer.

I can't remember exactly where it is, but I think it is under "Items to be displayed"

I use it all of the time.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Hi,
I am flying AP with multikopter and I am looking for a timer in my OSD pro but cant find any - is there such timer? I reda it badly to have control of how much I can fly until my battery ends. I am of course using the mAh but I also want a timer.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:51 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
There is a timer.

I can't remember exactly where it is, but I think it is under "Items to be displayed"

I use it all of the time.

-Mike
Hi,
additional to Mikeīs post a copy from the manual:
The Flight Timer feature is turned on and off via the PC software, as described in the Configuring Graphics Display section below, and can also be configured via the “Flight Timer/Elapsed Time” on-screen menu item.

this timer is counting the time since the first gps-fix ... therfore i do "reset home position" shortly before the takeoff to have a proper flight time.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Thanks guys,
Too late now, but tomorrow I'll check again.

Thomas. how do I reset home position? I will have to do that just a couple of seconds before take off.

Thanksn
Hakan
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys,
Too late now, but tomorrow I'll check again.

Thomas. how do I reset home position? I will have to do that just a couple of seconds before take off.

Thanksn
Hakan
Hi,

osd main menu - first selection

cu Thomas
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:47 PM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
it's in there where you enable the ladders, artificial horizon in osd setup........ has a timer that counts up

live feed over walters K450 (5 min 28 sec)
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, KS, Arkansas City
Joined Oct 2012
112 Posts
I am trying to hook up an fpv system mainly for the data collection. The airplane is large and gas powered and allthough i have the elogger v4 I don't plan on running major current through it. also have osd pro,Flight data recorder and host of other stuff...... but first .....
1. Will the osd handle current loads of possibly 4 amps per channel ?
2. Can i run 2s life packs ? I know it's ok for radio gear not sure about et stuff.
3. Does the data recorder somehow plug into the osd or is it a standalone recorder?
I realize these questions have maybe been asked but if they have I can't find them.... I have been educating myself for the last 4 days and i think my eyes are beginning to bleed!!!
Thanks in advance ............. John.
johnfly1234 is offline Find More Posts by johnfly1234
Last edited by johnfly1234; Dec 06, 2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added clarification
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:44 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,371 Posts
2S Life packs are 7.2 Volts. That is just fine.

I'm not sure what you are getting at ith the 4 amps per channel, so I am reluctant to answer.

I did a preliminary search, and didn't find what I was looking for.

According to this picture, it is possible to connect your OSD to the Data Recorder.

I would have to read more in depth to figure out where it hooks. I searched the manual, and didn't find it, but I'm sure it is there.

It is just a little unclear as to how you want to configur the equipment, and what you want to accomplish, so I don't know how to approach it.

Concerning the amps, I would email Bill. He knows the system, and could give you a definite answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfly1234 View Post
I am trying to hook up an fpv system mainly for the data collection. The airplane is large and gas powered and allthough i have the elogger v4 I don't plan on running major current through it. also have osd pro,Flight data recorder and host of other stuff...... but first .....
1. Will the osd handle current loads of possibly 4 amps per channel ?
2. Can i run 2s life packs ? I know it's ok for radio gear not sure about et stuff.
3. Does the data recorder somehow plug into the osd or is it a standalone recorder?
I realize these questions have maybe been asked but if they have I can't find them.... I have been educating myself for the last 4 days and i think my eyes are beginning to bleed!!!
Thanks in advance ............. John.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:58 AM
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi,

yes, iīve tried this .... but i used a mixer that iīve build by myself 20 years ago (at a time before my first computerized transmitter). this mixer has potentiometers to match the pulse-lenght and servo-throw. unfortunatelly i lost the layout, therefore i canīt post it
so i linked to the hk-mix ... sorry that this mix doesnīt perform well.

your idea to use a guardian 2d-3d may work ... i donīt have a 2d-3d, but your configuration (ailerons and v-tail) is listed in the manual. therefore my opinion is "should work".

for rth functions i suggest to connect the osd between receiver and aileron/elevator on the 2d-3d - same like you wrote before.

cu Thomas
OK, so I've reorganized the control system as we discussed, daisy-chained. Can't test it yet, even on the bench, because my cat knocked my trans off the bench and broke off the 3-pos switch I was gonna use for mode, so it's in the shop- too tiny and cramped in there for me to repair myself. Anyway, it's snowing hard.
I plan to use one 3-pos for the 2D/3D mode, and the other for OSD on screen menu.
As I understand it, both units are pass- through when off. -right?
That way, if the two fall to arguing about how much aileron to use or something, I can pull someone's plug.

We're way into the twilight zone here-

Jim
wazoo22 is online now Find More Posts by wazoo22
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:40 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
it's in there where you enable the ladders, artificial horizon in osd setup........ has a timer that counts up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPrsWtZ6rU

This box/window called: select graphical items for page1 is gray and has no text in it - how can I change that?

- eLogger v4
- OSD pro
- GPS
- Altitude microsensor v4
Last edited by tritan; Dec 12, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:54 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,301 Posts
Quote:
This box/window called: select graphical items for page1 is gray and has no text in it - how can I change that?

- eLogger v4
- OSD pro
- GPS
- Altitide microsensor v4
Hi tritan,

there is a triangle-sign on the right side ... push it and a pull-down opens
see this post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9703

cu Thomas

cu Thomas
Last edited by Thint1; Dec 07, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:38 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Hi tritan,

there is a triangle-sign on the right side ... push it and a pull-down opens
see this post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9703

cu Thomas

cu Thomas
Hi Thomas,
it is the box in red I mean - it is completly gray and no drop down list!

No matter what I do I cant open it. I have selected different sensors such as Altitude, rpm etc and it is still gray ....

I upgraded from 10.04 to 10.43 to see if that changed anything but no. Before this I had the green area full of data - I have always wondered where people found the ladders beacuse I have never found them - I have always had this gray area.
Last edited by tritan; Dec 07, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:31 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Hi Thomas,
it is the box in red I mean - it is completly gray and no drop down list!

No matter what I do I cant open it. I have selected different sensors such as Altitude, rpm etc and it is still gray ....

I upgraded from 10.04 to 10.43 to see if that changed anything but no. Before this I had the green area full of data - I have always wondered where people found the ladders beacuse I have never found them - I have always had this gray area.
Hi tritan,

iīve never seen this before ... sorry, i can only guess whatīs going wrong with your equipment.
maybe your settings file is corrupted ... before you open a support ticket at eagle tree we can try to program your osd with my settings and see what happens.

iīll post my txt-file later, in the meantime you can try "Factory Reset" and test the behavior.

cu Thomas
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Hi tritan,

iīve never seen this before ... sorry, i can only guess whatīs going wrong with your equipment.
maybe your settings file is corrupted ... before you open a support ticket at eagle tree we can try to program your osd with my settings and see what happens.

iīll post my txt-file later, in the meantime you can try "Factory Reset" and test the behavior.

cu Thomas
I tested factory reset and reset parameters and when I do the text in that grey area becomes visible for about 0,2 seconds ....... and then return immediatly to grey again.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:38 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,301 Posts
Quote:
I tested factory reset and reset parameters and when I do the text in that grey area becomes visible for about 0,2 seconds ....... and then return immediatly to grey again.
Hi,
here are my settings. try them - if they donīt work also, i suspect a problem with windows. do you have another pc to test?

cu Thomas
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:51 PM
United States, KS, Arkansas City
Joined Oct 2012
112 Posts
Ok..... I do not know how the osd can plug into the elogger and the data recorder!!!! Please clarify. and not by showing me a picture of a bunch of components!
1. My servos can draw up to 4 amps.... if we start at the reciever the ail, elev,and throttle all connect to the osd. Then from the osd to the perspective servos. If the servo draws 4 amps of current will the osd handle that kind of current ????? realize that the ail. and elev. can draw a total of 4+4 = 8amps !!! The throttle servo i am not worried about. Low current...
johnfly1234 is offline Find More Posts by johnfly1234