SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2015, 07:13 AM
United States, NY, Nyack
Joined Jan 2015
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Have you tried your setup on the workbench?
There could be a problem with your wiring/cable. First try the cable without attaching anything to the video-out, but connected to external power. Start a recording and then when the LED is blinking, indicating the camera is recording, attach your monitor/vtx,
Yeah... I would also measure the output of the BEC. It may be just over the self protection threshold.
Voytech is offline Find More Posts by Voytech
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2015, 07:33 AM
United States, NY, Nyack
Joined Jan 2015
53 Posts
So a quick update on something I discovered late last night as I was hooking up the cheap HK GPS OSD to my phantom. I use the Mobius for FPV and I could swear I saw somewhere that it is not possible to use it with video out when in photo mode. (Edit... I was wrong: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=11843 )

However my discovery was that in photo mode the latency of the video out is reduced significantly. I will have to test that further though.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 01:27 PM
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandis View Post
help please. i'm having a problem with my mobius camera. i can have a live feed to my vtx using the internal battery. but once i attach a external power source(bec, usb, etc) the video turns off and it goes to charging mode. what could be the problem?

TIA
Mandis
Hi Guys, this is weird but I am having the same issue. I have a mobius standard lens working just fine with the external power supply coming from a MFD AP. A brand new Wide Angle Mobius arrived today and I loaded up the same parameters as the narrow lens Mobius and plugged it into the same leads on the plane and it will not power up??? Same lead, same AP, same profile, but will not power up.

EDIT
EDIT

I found the fault by a long process of elimination. It was a faulty wired USB video and power cable. Power was getting to the plug but not from the plug to the camera.
BigTradioman is offline Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Last edited by BigTradioman; Mar 20, 2015 at 05:40 AM. Reason: SOLVED
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:36 AM
Joined Jan 2006
299 Posts
mobius camera problem (1 min 36 sec)
here's a short video of my mobius camera having issue when connected to external power source

anyone know what the soultion is?
mandis is offline Find More Posts by mandis
Last edited by mandis; Mar 21, 2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:52 AM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,596 Posts
It seems like we should be about due for a new improved Mobius right? It's been out for quite a while in terms of a normal electronics life cycle. Maybe 1080p 60fps or stabilization or 2/4k? Less latency? I don't think we can have all of these in small package but there are areas for improvement.
stevea3342 is offline Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Mar 25, 2015, 08:34 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
It seems like we should be about due for a new improved Mobius right? It's been out for quite a while in terms of a normal electronics life cycle. Maybe 1080p 60fps or stabilization or 2/4k? Less latency? I don't think we can have all of these in small package but there are areas for improvement.
You should post this on the main Mobius thread -- I would love to see what Tom would have to say.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM
United States, NY, Nyack
Joined Jan 2015
53 Posts
Last I heard the focus was on 1080p60, although no confirmed info from the source.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM
Joined Mar 2015
10 Posts
Mobius cam on FPV Racer

Follow The Leader - FPV Racing Practice (1 min 37 sec)
ChrisBoerema is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBoerema
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
I am flying wild :-)
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jan 2012
184 Posts
quad racing into sunset with the mobius:
Tank Trap Quad Racing 2015 (3 min 45 sec)
wildflyer1de is online now Find More Posts by wildflyer1de
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
United States, SC, Moncks Corner
Joined Dec 2013
190 Posts
A Möbius with remote shutter or video control.
Railrode1 is online now Find More Posts by Railrode1
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
Australia, TAS, Deal Island
Joined Feb 2014
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by railrode1 View Post
a möbius with remote shutter or video control.
remote shutter +1
crankster is online now Find More Posts by crankster
Old Today, 01:51 PM
Getting Somewhere :D
United Kingdom, England, Loughborough
Joined Dec 2012
756 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am about to get my first mobius cam and was wondering if I should go for the Lens B or Lens C?
I'm more into panoramic stuff rather than racing, will be used to get some good shots rather than fast motion stuff
Any input here?
jkishan16 is online now Find More Posts by jkishan16
Old Today, 02:40 PM
United States, NY, Nyack
Joined Jan 2015
53 Posts
When I bought the B, the C wasn't yet available. If I had to get it again, I'd choose the C I think. B is good, but even after very lengthy adjustment, the corners are still soft. C supposedly fixes that issue.