Closed Thread
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:43 PM
United States, OK, Tahlequah
Joined Feb 2013
47 Posts
Discussion
Beginner Airship Build Questions

Hi all,
I am completely new to airship building, and I need some advice.

Using my nSpire, I have designed an 8-longeron frame to be built with carbon fiber and epoxy(suggestions for better bonding agent?). For the record, the planned dimentions are: 10 ft. long, 2ft. dia, 3X ~1.34 sqft. fins.

So far, I plan to cover the frame with a lightweight but not necesarily airtight material, such as Econokote or mylar(suggestions?).

On the inside, I plan to have an airtight bladder, if that is indeed what it is called, which will take the shape of the airship when inflated with helium. When deflated, its volume should decrease to zero with essentialy no air inside, minimized helium waste and contamination.

So to sum up, I need to know:
What is a strong, lightweight bonding agent for carbon fiber?
What is the best lightweight material to cover the outside with, and how should it be applied?
What is the best helium containing bladder material, and how can I shape it to my craft?
Is it worth it to add more longerons?

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
RotorHead460 is offline Find More Posts by RotorHead460
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:37 PM
United States, OK, Tahlequah
Joined Feb 2013
47 Posts
This thread is not tagged as "Help!".
There is a copy that is tagged correctly
RotorHead460 is offline Find More Posts by RotorHead460
Closed Thread