HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2013, 02:04 AM
Joined Dec 2006
353 Posts
Nice work .
I'm doing the 600 Hughes 500E .I hope it looks as good.

Greg
grover is offline Find More Posts by grover
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2014, 04:32 PM
cant get right !!!
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
Nice work .
I'm doing the 600 Hughes 500E .I hope it looks as good.

Greg
well it doesnt look good any more . i sold it to a guy in sc and he stole what he could witch was most of the mechanics , pilot , head , blades esc , batt x2, radio,charger,servos,and then he filed a claim with paypal for the 1200 dollars . stating it was missing parts and not as described . when i saw that i knew i was about to be scammed ! he sent the fuse back destroyed . and to top it off pay pal does not protect you when they do a charge back . and i was prety much ok with having a chance to get my heli back after the huge regret of selling now i would have to start completely over again witch funds will prohibit . so if any one needs the ass end of a 600 size md500 let me know i would be happy to give it to a nice home free of charge
trucker41 is offline Find More Posts by trucker41
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:27 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker41 View Post
well it doesnt look good any more . i sold it to a guy in sc and he stole what he could witch was most of the mechanics , pilot , head , blades esc , batt x2, radio,charger,servos,and then he filed a claim with paypal for the 1200 dollars . stating it was missing parts and not as described . when i saw that i knew i was about to be scammed ! he sent the fuse back destroyed . and to top it off pay pal does not protect you when they do a charge back . and i was prety much ok with having a chance to get my heli back after the huge regret of selling now i would have to start completely over again witch funds will prohibit . so if any one needs the ass end of a 600 size md500 let me know i would be happy to give it to a nice home free of charge
That sux big time! Very sorry that happened....
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:29 PM
Joined Dec 2006
353 Posts
I hate guy's like that .. just scum All your hard work gone .
I don't need the ass end of a md500 .. Well not yet LOL

Greg
grover is offline Find More Posts by grover
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:42 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,327 Posts
That really does suck. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you after all the work you did to put it together under the most trying of situations. The back end of my 500 was one area that was in good shape after the crash. Take care and maybe see you this fall at HSM?

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:55 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
thanks guys . i was so looking forward to getting a radio back in my hands and start flying . i feel like i made one of the biggest mistakes of my life by selling off my helli . i figured i have a real plane now and would quickly loose interest in rc . but going out to fly the ultralight takes almost a full day of prep for me and the set up out at the river bed and then to muster the courage to fly it makes it more of a chore than fun . i miss flying my rc dearly . and i am quickly loosing interest in the ultralight . as a matter of fact i would trade that thing in a hot second for my hobby back . well i gues you live and learn . you can never really leave the hobby .only postpone for a few till the stars re alighn lol
Old Jan 03, 2014, 10:26 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker41 View Post
thanks guys . i was so looking forward to getting a radio back in my hands and start flying . i feel like i made one of the biggest mistakes of my life by selling off my helli . i figured i have a real plane now and would quickly loose interest in rc . but going out to fly the ultralight takes almost a full day of prep for me and the set up out at the river bed and then to muster the courage to fly it makes it more of a chore than fun . i miss flying my rc dearly . and i am quickly loosing interest in the ultralight . as a matter of fact i would trade that thing in a hot second for my hobby back . well i gues you live and learn . you can never really leave the hobby .only postpone for a few till the stars re alighn lol
Lol got that right! Ive wanted to give ultralights a try but im a big boy and probably over the weight limit.
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Jan 04, 2014, 08:25 AM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
Lol got that right! Ive wanted to give ultralights a try but im a big boy and probably over the weight limit.
im kinda big to lol 257lbs of pure fun ! well thats what i tell the wife lol and i exceed the gross weight of my lane by 30 lbs . so i cant carry a full 5 gallons . i am limited to a gallon and a half . and can only stay in the air about 30 to 40 min . but usualy come back down after about 15 to 20 min .
Old Jan 04, 2014, 03:45 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
heres a few pics of the damage if any one would like to rebuild i have another canopy for it but it would need to be painted wight and i also have spare sheriff decals . i think it could be rebuilt but i dont have the funds or the wants to rebuild . so if you know any 1 that would like to work on it . let me know its a free bee and i also have a set of floats for a 600 size heli if any one is interested
Old Jan 04, 2014, 08:57 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,245 Posts
Wow! sorry for the loss! I am working on the same project. Mine a MD500E. I love the detail you put into the seats and everything. Your the first person I have seen with the extended mount for the flar and camera. I am planing the same.

Just saw the fee be part. I would love the cockpit for mine. It could live on!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mhills51; Jan 04, 2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 10:05 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,327 Posts
You know, a&^%holes like that eventually get exactly what they deserve. He destroyed it just so that you have little or no proof that it was delivered in perfect condition. He takes pictures, shows them to PayPal and you are out everything. He might make the mistake on attending a scale fly-in so if you have some pictures of the head and chassis, along with the serial number of the radio, it may take a long time but eventually this jerk will be found out. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Jan 04, 2014, 11:09 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
the radio was bought used it was a dx7s and i dont usualy record se num on stuff like that . even though ii should . and the head was a just a align fbl head. the 4 blade head i had already sold . the servos were align 610 i believe and it had a 401 gyro on it . it was all pretty much run of the mill 600 size align helli stuff would be super hard to piont out . i figure it is over for my scale heli days until i can get my hands on something i really want like a 700 size super scale as 350 or a 800 size uh1 huey " mouth watering when i say it " lol but i still love to look at everyones great builds
Old Jan 13, 2014, 02:52 AM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,338 Posts
Wow, ... just wow!!!

I just read this and I am speechless... I am very sorry to hear this happened to you.

If there is anything we can do to help, let us know.

G.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus