HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:31 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Discussion
State lacks doctors to meet demand of national healthcare law

The merest tip of the iceberg of cartelization combined with central and price control begins to rear it's head....

Quote:
SACRAMENTO As the state moves to expand healthcare coverage to millions of Californians under President Obama's healthcare law, it faces a major obstacle: There aren't enough doctors to treat a crush of newly insured patients.

Some lawmakers want to fill the gap by redefining who can provide healthcare.

They are working on proposals that would allow physician assistants to treat more patients and nurse practitioners to set up independent practices. Pharmacists and optometrists could act as primary care providers, diagnosing and managing some chronic illnesses, such as diabetes and high-blood pressure.

"We're going to be mandating that every single person in this state have insurance," said state Sen. Ed Hernandez (D-West Covina), chairman of the Senate Health Committee and leader of the effort to expand professional boundaries. "What good is it if they are going to have a health insurance card but no access to doctors?"
Oh, they'll have 'access'. It will just involve the use of longer waits and access to people with less training. That's the 'quality care' we've heard repeated endlesslly.

Quote:
As the nation's earliest and most aggressive adopter of the healthcare overhaul, California faces more pressure than many states. Diana Dooley, secretary of the state Health and Human Services Agency, said in an interview that expanding some professionals' roles was among the options policymakers should explore to help meet the expected demand.

At a meeting of healthcare advocates in December, she had offered a more blunt assessment.

"We're going to have to provide care at lower levels," she told the group. "I think a lot of people are trained to do work that our licenses don't allow them to."
People with insurance prior to Okare, which was most people, are going to see the access and quality of their care erode. This is not a California only problem, they're just closer to the edge. The claims for the outcome of Okare are a lie at worst and deadly wrong at best.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:34 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,255 Posts
Actually, CA should have been better off than the rest of the US. CA already had MediCal, which was a huge subsidized medical payment system. The percent increase in new "insured" patients should have been smaller.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:42 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
If Okare breaks up the ancient guild system that governs medical providers it will at least be doing something good.
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:43 PM
Don't report me bro!
Joined May 2010
387 Posts
The government will have no choice but to force doctors to go where the government needs them. Gosh, this is EXACTLY what Reagan said would happen.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
And note that the State, not the individuals in the market via free choice will determine the 'need'. Such a great track record on that.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:53 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
9,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
And note that the State, not the individuals in the market via free choice will determine the 'need'. Such a great track record on that.
It seems that it places the rich in the same boat as the poor.
What should the rich get better health care than the poor?
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:14 AM
Joined Oct 2010
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Ahh yes, it's the "death panels", except each panel will be made up of just one member, the ill trained nurse.
More of a death assassin I think.
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:20 AM
Joined Oct 2010
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Did you read what you just said before you posted it?

Yea, probably.

So here's a question for you; why should the "poor" receive services they don't pay for, and in so doing demand a guarantee that the people who do pay for those services don't receive anywhere near as much as they pay for?

Kenny, the next time I come up to a corner where there's a "poor" person begging for quarters, I think I'll just crash my car into the bridge, roll myself in dirt, walk home and light my house on fire.
There, do you feel better now?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:59 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
9,702 Posts
You still didn't answer the question of why shouldn't everybody be entitled to the same quality of healthcare.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:04 AM
Don't report me bro!
Joined May 2010
387 Posts
Quote:
You still didn't answer the question of why shouldn't everybody be entitled to the same quality of healthcare.
Why shouldn't everybody be 'entitled' to live in a big house?
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:15 AM
Borders, language & culture
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
212 Posts
Quote:
the rich get better everything Kenny, thats because they worked harder or smarter at some point and everything they buy is better.

Just as if you did your own hardwood floors, you would likely get batter quality hardwood floors because you worked harder to do them. why should you get better hardwood floors just because you worked harder on your own? why shouldnt the rich be able to buy a better quality healthcare or anything if they want to put out more money and effort than we do?
AintQytRite is online now Find More Posts by AintQytRite
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:29 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
the rich get better everything Kenny, thats because they worked harder or smarter at some point and everything they buy is better.

Just as if you did your own hardwood floors, you would likely get batter quality hardwood floors because you worked harder to do them. why should you get better hardwood floors just because you worked harder on your own? why shouldnt the rich be able to buy a better quality healthcare or anything if they want to put out more money and effort than we do?
I remember as a kid, I used to make fun of the "smart" students. My mom set me straight, saying I should stop trying to bring them down, and try to be more like them.

Same thing isn't it? Stop trying to bring down the "rich" people by calling the evil. Why not use their success as an example of what can be had when you work harder and smarter than your peers ... but when you're constantly told that none of your failures are of your own fault ... well ... it's got to be someone else's fault right? Those successful people only got there through unfair advantages right? yeah ... that's our society now ...
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:44 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
How about lets get the poor, better, higher paying jobs? I NEVER hear anyone saying this. Having said that, I DO believe Obamacare is going to be the worst legislation ever concocted for this country. Obama is and will be the worst President we EVER had.
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:42 AM
Joined Oct 2010
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet;24110681[B
]How about lets get the poor, better, higher paying jobs? I NEVER hear anyone saying this.[/B] Having said that, I DO believe Obamacare is going to be the worst legislation ever concocted for this country. Obama is and will be the worst President we EVER had.
How 'bout the "poor" staying in school so that they can be better equipped for the better, higher paying jobs instead of hangin' out with their homies on a street corner?
Providing an education is only just that; "providing". It's up to the kids themselves to take advantage of what they are provided. When they do not, then stay poor while those who choose to do the hard work of succeeding do just that; "succeed".

Now I want to know again why those who do the hard work of succeeding are not worthy of getting what they are paying for while those who did not do the hard work fo succeeding are more noble and deserving than the people who are paying their way?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:16 AM
Sausalito Marin Cty, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
890 Posts
Quote:
Kenny, which group to you see yourself in, the rich or the poor?

If you had a serious medical issue, and you paid $1000 for medical care, should you only get $500 worth of the medical care? I am asking you specifically Kenny. Should you get half the care you paid for?
wab25 is offline Find More Posts by wab25