HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Oct 2010
51 Posts
Discussion
Putting together a lipo pack for an E-Bike

This may not be the best place for a e-bike questions, but I couldn't find anywhere else so I thought of asking my RC friends over here!

I am putting together an ebike kit and I was going to put together my own lipo battery pack instead of spending $350 on a stock model. The brushless controller on this model uses 48V.

I have four 3000mAh 30C 22.2V lipo batteries, I am thinking of setting them up in series and parallel to get 6000mAh 44.4V or I guess 50.4V charged.

So does anyone see an issue with this concept?

If this works out, I will buy 4 more batteries and wire them up together to get 12Ah 12S.
Msioni is offline Find More Posts by Msioni
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:40 AM
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Apr 2010
100 Posts
Have you checked out the Endless Sphere forum?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/index.php
guitarded is offline Find More Posts by guitarded
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:21 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Hi Msioni,i don't know if you have tried yet but there is a bloke on YouTube who has done the same sort of thing as you have talked about here,i can't think for the life of me who it is now,but if you search Youtube i'm sure you will find the video/channel and he answers most reasonable questions too.

Sorry i couldn't of been more helpful but if you need some good batteries that have a really good price and high c rating try the Turnigy Nano-Techs from Hobbyking,people are going to start to think i've got shares in HK because i keep pointing people over to them,not so i just wish i had found them a lot sooner than i did when i first got into the RC hobby,so i'm on a mission to tell as many people as i can now.

Good luck and i for one would like to know how you get on with your bike,so if you and anyone else don't mind could you let us know how you get on.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:37 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
25,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msioni View Post
So does anyone see an issue with this concept?
Balancing.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1 Posts
Refer to this.
http://blog.batterist.com/archives/560

Eunju is offline Find More Posts by Eunju