HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:27 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
It was my Birthday yesterday 26th and my wife brought me a Skyartec Cessna 182 but it got damaged in the post, not much just a few dent's in the wing and a couple of holes in the foam body.
So I contacted the dealer to ask him how to fix it he said to send him some pics of the damage so I did, he then said he would just send me a new one, so I ended up with 2 complete units Tx's and all.
Happy Birthday mate... Looks like you dun well. Got ma eye on a champ rtf foamie. Thinkin I will get the plane parts and use a v911 radio instead.
cheers lads
Bob
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:51 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
got ma 'fix' this am... -7f (-22c) and calm winds... 8 short flights in so far, dang ma hands sure get cold LOL the wifey said I am grinning like a dead 'possum
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:52 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Freezing

-15 deg cel.(3 deg F.) a little bit too much wind. No crash, just a good flybar hit on a sharp turn. At this temperature the plastic parts are like glass. Hopefully the gyro is intact.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:56 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
It was my Birthday yesterday 26th and my wife brought me a Skyartec Cessna 182 but it got damaged in the post, not much just a few dent's in the wing and a couple of holes in the foam body.
So I contacted the dealer to ask him how to fix it he said to send him some pics of the damage so I did, he then said he would just send me a new one, so I ended up with 2 complete units Tx's and all.
Here in France it's still the 26th, so I wich you a happy birthday and lots of happy flying !

Regards, Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:33 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
590 Posts
Any one recommend a good Flybarless 4ch in this size.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:23 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
-15 deg cel.(3 deg F.) a little bit too much wind. No crash, just a good flybar hit on a sharp turn. At this temperature the plastic parts are like glass. Hopefully the gyro is intact.
That's unusual. On mine, the flybar at full travel still has good clearance to the canopy. Maybe you need to add a small spacer to limit the flybar travel?
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:34 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,515 Posts
on mine it's also impossible that flybar hits the canopy. But I like how it looks now Mine looks similar but with more windows for cooling. But I'm sure you don't need windows on canopy with your weather. Motor must last long right?
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:04 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Mjx f45 mod

What do you do when you have moved on to bigger/smaller faster more twitchy aerobatic helicopters?
Don't leave that old model in the cupboard or on the shelf to gather dust, MOD IT!
I did this for no other reason then to see if I could and how well it would fly (if at all).
Well it did fly and quite well and is still going strong, it now lives at work for when I get bored
heli_gman is offline Find More Posts by heli_gman
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:07 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli_gman View Post
What do you do when you have moved on to bigger/smaller faster more twitchy aerobatic helicopters?
Don't leave that old model in the cupboard or on the shelf to gather dust, MOD IT!
I did this for no other reason then to see if I could and how well it would fly (if at all).
Well it did fly and quite well and is still going strong, it now lives at work for when I get bored
That looks cool heli_gman.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
I wonder if they shortened the flybar on the version 2 units as I don't think mine could hit either. I remember early posts about foam band on tailboom to prevent a strikes to the boom, but Mine can't even come close. Maybe someone with both versions could compare the two.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:05 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Most damage caused by flybar and blade strikes come from a crash. You can make the flybar touch the canopy at the Gyro and the tail boom behind the chassis, along with the blades striking the boom. I don't think any of us are exempt.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:08 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,515 Posts
Quote:
hi. did you intentionally bent your tail or was it bent after a crash?
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:14 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Excellent job, I really like the looks of those mods, definitly has a "Airwolf" flavor to it.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:38 AM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Hey Fauconnier that looks like a 'hood scoop' in the making, now. I found the plastic used with the '45 is weak and brittle in the cold .
My last run of the day it was -9f (-22.8c) and flat calm... 6 min and my hands were done
fly til ya die
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:33 AM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
I've search and I can't find any instructions on how to remove the balance bar. I bent mine in my last crash as just received a new one but I can't seem to get the old one off???? Any help?

Thanks
J
Jasonamorris6 is offline Find More Posts by Jasonamorris6