HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM
Registered User
giteart's Avatar
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorysgun View Post
Been running Rangelink off of 70A Trust ESCs in a SkyWalker and Penguin for quite a while without a glitch. Would worry a bit about 5.5v.
thanks.
giteart is offline Find More Posts by giteart
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:39 AM
FloridaFlyBob's Avatar
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,160 Posts
I'm looking to set up head tracking on my Penguin. Something I know very little about. I'm going to use my rangelink, I have Fatshark Attitudes that have head tracking, and a pan and tilt cam on my penguin. I not sure what else I need. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started? I have my RL connected to a 9XR to the futaba port
FloridaFlyBob is online now Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Last edited by FloridaFlyBob; Today at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:58 AM
Flying FPV or Dreaming I Am...
cactus's Avatar
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2001
6,070 Posts
I may be able to help you here although I am using a 9x (er9x) transmitter with Dominators and the Trinity HT.

My setup uses a cable from the goggles into the trainer port on the 9x. In the model programming I made Ch5 = PPM5 and Ch6 = PPM6. The RangeLink is connected via the module pins. On the Rx side the servos for Pan/Tilt plug into 5 and 6. I press the HT button to disable the HT and the servos move back to the centered position and stay. I press it again and they go live with whatever position the goggles are in, so I make sure I am looking forward and out in front of me for the best comfort. Set failsafe to be in the centered position so you can see if you lose control for whatever reason. When the HT cable is not connected, I cannot operate the servos via any switches, but I am sure there would be a way to do it via some switches/mixing.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:28 PM
FloridaFlyBob's Avatar
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I may be able to help you here although I am using a 9x (er9x) transmitter with Dominators and the Trinity HT.

My setup uses a cable from the goggles into the trainer port on the 9x. In the model programming I made Ch5 = PPM5 and Ch6 = PPM6. The RangeLink is connected via the module pins. On the Rx side the servos for Pan/Tilt plug into 5 and 6. I press the HT button to disable the HT and the servos move back to the centered position and stay. I press it again and they go live with whatever position the goggles are in, so I make sure I am looking forward and out in front of me for the best comfort. Set failsafe to be in the centered position so you can see if you lose control for whatever reason. When the HT cable is not connected, I cannot operate the servos via any switches, but I am sure there would be a way to do it via some switches/mixing.
I'm not using the module pins on the 9xr, i'm using the futaba port. Can I use the JR connector on the 9xr for the HT at the same time as the futaba trainer port? I'm also using 5 and 6 on my radio for my MFD to switch modes and RTH. Whats the HT port on the RL used for?
FloridaFlyBob is online now Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:48 PM
Flying FPV or Dreaming I Am...
cactus's Avatar
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2001
6,070 Posts
I don't think you can share the trainer port at the same time, so you should look into using the RL HT cable. Your HT should give you an option to change the input channels up to 7/8. Which one is it? Trinity or older MIG one?

Edit: I have never connected a HT directly to an LRS unit, so I'll have to differ to someone that does.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,678 Posts
In theory RL Tx's HT input doesn't care what channels the HT is set to use.
It'll just stick em into the end of the CPPM stream.
In practice, I don't think RL's HT input is compatible with every HT, and it's
probably easier just to switch to using the module pins to feed the RL Tx,
and let the HT use the trainer port, which should allow you to map to
any channels you want, switch HT on/off etc..
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 01:48 PM
The Fixer
Martin Y's Avatar
Canada, ON
Joined Jan 2009
3,234 Posts
Mr Sid
The tx is now back in my hands and functioning as it should.

Thanks,
Martin
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 01:49 PM
FloridaFlyBob's Avatar
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
I don't think you can share the trainer port at the same time, so you should look into using the RL HT cable. Your HT should give you an option to change the input channels up to 7/8. Which one is it? Trinity or older MIG one?

Edit: I have never connected a HT directly to an LRS unit, so I'll have to differ to someone that does.
How did you connect the cable from the RL to your 9xr? did you connect it to the pins on the outside or wire inside the radio?
FloridaFlyBob is online now Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:08 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,678 Posts
No reason to go inside when you can use the module pins.
RL comes with the cables having the 4 pin connectors you need to
hook it right up. They two cables are not pre-wired together
because Futaba and JR style modules use a different
pinout. The details on how to connect to either style are in the RL manual.
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 02:28 PM
FloridaFlyBob's Avatar
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
No reason to go inside when you can use the module pins.
RL comes with the cables having the 4 pin connectors you need to
hook it right up. They two cables are not pre-wired together
because Futaba and JR style modules use a different
pinout. The details on how to connect to either style are in the RL manual.
The extra RL cable matches up to the connector on the 9XR? That would make it clean and simple
FloridaFlyBob is online now Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:31 PM
FloridaFlyBob's Avatar
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,160 Posts
I wasn't planning on doing head tracking, I was going to set up the pan and tilt on the cam to a couple of knobs on the 9xr, then I seen someone was selling a HT in the forsale and I remembered my attitudes had HT.
FloridaFlyBob is online now Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! DRAGON LINK - New V2, Professional Grade Long Range FPV System, Always in Stock ! JettPilot FPV Equipment 28102 Today 04:50 PM
New Product ChainLink UHF Long Range System siim227 FPV Talk 2853 Jul 01, 2013 04:23 PM
New Product ChainLink--The new UHF narrow band long range system BEVRC FPV Talk 878 Jun 08, 2013 06:53 PM
New Product UHF Long range JR / Futaba module Hooks FPV Talk 18 Aug 13, 2012 05:46 AM
Sold [VDS]LRS thomas scherrer UHF + 2 receivers long range LTS49 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 8 Jul 22, 2011 03:55 PM