Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:02 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Wooooood-dieeee! Take a closer look at the blurry first pic. I gotta find the clear packing tape, now, to preserve it, and the fiberglass tape to make the wings less bendy.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:04 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,293 Posts
Nice work Lil...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:29 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
It really does Lil, makes me think, I should do what I did with the EZG I sold in 2010, cover it with profilm and adopt a similar pretty pattern like yours.

That really improved the EZG, the film that is, made it tougher and much better looking. A lot of effort for a chunk of foam but.

Hey, whats behind that plastic wrap on the crate?

Oh yeah Cap, 15x stuck in trees too, some of my gliders are equally at home in a tree as on my cave wall.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:33 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
That's the backside of a mattress. I was at my sister's house, and she was rearranging.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:23 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,682 Posts
better than hangin' by a rope from the ceiling huh?
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:43 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
What isn't?
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:22 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Remind me again, please: If a model is pitching up and down as it flies, like a mild case of dolphining, is it nose-heavy or is it balanced right on the edge, and is too sensitive? I'm reviewing the video from today's flight of the Radian, and it's making small bobbing motions, oscillating.

I'll upload the video when I can. YT doesn't like my format too much, and I can't change it.
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Feb 04, 2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:45 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,682 Posts
I do believe that would be right on the edge- "searching" for it's best LD (I think, but thereforth, mostly I'm fulll---)
and holding my position and story.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:53 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Remind me again, please: If a model is pitching up and down as it flies, like a mild case of dolphining, is it nose-heavy or is it balanced right on the edge, and is too sensitive? I'm reviewing the video from today's flight of the Radian, and it's making small bobbing motions, oscillating.

I'll upload the video when I can. YT doesn't like my format too much, and I can't change it.
It may be correct for COG and you're flying a little too slow and it's actually stalling. “Dolphining” can be a mild stall followed by a mild recovery with repeat. Try a click or two of down trim to see if it improves.
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:02 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Will do. Thanks!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:04 AM
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Will do. Thanks!
Wow, you're up early on the west coast. Superbowl and all...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:08 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Super what?

It is, in fact, 4 am here. Yuck. I start work at 6.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:35 AM
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,553 Posts
Well, another day at work and another story. I saw a mild fender-bender in the snowy driving conditions last Friday driving home from work and it brought back vivid recall of my stupidity last summer. I took a week of vacation in August. Woke up early on Monday morning like I always do and got in the car to get some donuts. Bought a ½ dozen in a nice white box. Started driving back home and I’m eating a couple donuts out of the box as I’m driving and thinking life doesn’t get much better than this. Box is on the passenger seat next to me so it’s real handy. So I’m pulling into the driveway at home and thinking (this is where I get in trouble) about what’s next on the agenda. I decide to leave the car parked in the driveway so I can get either the motorcycle or the lawnmower out as the day proceeds. My wife says I’m totally incapable of multi-tasking. Give me one thing to think about or do and I’m OK. All the while I’m thinking how great the weather is and how I’m enjoying the early hours by myself with wife still sleeping. So as I stop the car short of the garage and the box of donuts tips over the front edge of the seat and dumps its contents on the floor. OMG... wife’s donuts are on the floor. Car is stopped at this point with my foot on the brake and I instinctively lean over the console to scoop up the donuts and begin thinking if I should tell her that the chocolate glazed was choc side down on the floor mat. My car is a Prius and at slow speeds it usually moves under electric motor only and doesn’t make any noise. So here I am bent over with my head under the dash retrieving donuts and thinking how I’m going to keep the incident to myself. No need to give her any ammunition, after all I’m on vacation this week. Next thing I know is there’s a sudden bang and the car shutters. I pop my head up and the Prius has rolled forward crashing into my wife’s one year old Camry parked in the garage. My foot apparently relaxed enough force on the brake pedal that the car started rolling. You can just imagine how this plays out…

So after I cuss a lot and collect my wits I go into the house and sure enough the little woman is still asleep. It’s like when the kids were young and you look into their room and they’re sound asleep and you think - oh to be so innocent again and have no cares and their whole lives ahead of them. My life, as I knew it, was about to end.

So I go sit in the living room for a while and try to postpone the inevitable. This isn’t working so I go in and wake her up. “You did what?” I crashed both of our cars in the driveway. I’m not going to bore you with the full details of the morning’s discussions. I called the insurance agent and told him what happened. I said you won’t believe this. He said it’s more common than you think. So I asked him how we proceed and he tells me to either get estimates or take it to a shop where they have a contract. He then proceeds to tell him that the deductible is waved because both cars belong to me. What??? That’s what he tells me. I hang up the phone and tell my wife this is our lucky day. She says I didn’t hear the guy right. I wear two hearing aids and phone conversations are sometimes a little nebulous. Besides, my wife says I don’t give people my full attention and I tend to blow them off. Guilty on both accounts. So we each get in our cars and drive up to the auto body shop and I proceed to detail the day’s events including how the insurance company is footing the entire bill. Now the auto body guy is siding with my wife and says he’s never heard of not having to pay a deductible. Long story (sorry it’s so long) short – both cars were repaired for free. Double indemnity or something, I don’t know.

----
Last edited by Piper J3; Feb 04, 2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:00 AM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canardly View Post
Say Al: did I perchance see your name as 'photo by' in a particular favorite magazine?
I sure am glad it's the 4 of us now-wife- me-Lady and littlebit (of crime) I'm severley alergic to
Football, looking forward to some bug work! #3stepson and his lady have their own place to do 'sports'!
maybe

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:38 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,682 Posts
Kool! Very Kool! now onto our scheduled help the wife before CAD and Build!
RCG Plus Member