HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2005, 08:11 PM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,875 Posts
Bad mixup at GWS-online

I ordered some items from GWS-online a week ago. Payed with Paypal, so funds were deducted immediately and got a Paypal verification of funds sent and order placed. A couple of days later I get an email from GWS-online with the subject line of "Thank you: Your Order Details". Email is in html attachment, so I open it up and there is my order, complete with invoice number. What I didn't notice is a little comment on the end of the document stating that they didn't receive payment and had cancelled the order.

I have a couple of problems with this. First, since I payed with Paypal, how did they not get payment. Second, it took several days for the email after I placed the order. Then the invoice looks like a perfectly normal invoice except for a two line comment at the very end, so it is not obvious when you first look at it that the order was cancelled. If I were cancelling an order from someone I would make it plain as day that this order didn't go through!

I have an email in to them asking them to rectify the situation. I am just a bit ticked that the email looked like I had a perfectly good order placed, and they have had my money for a week now. We'll see if they come through. I'm not grousing because they messed up, but about how they handled it. I order a lot of equipment and have had minor issues with just about every vendor at one time or another, and don't judge the vendor on the basis of perfection, but on how they deal with problems that do come up. Last problem I had was an order from Todd's Models (my fault, not his) and Todd took the time to call me to get things straightened out. That's good service in my book.
10Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 10Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2005, 08:54 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,169 Posts
- I see he already did what I was going to suggest and the comment would have been redundant.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; May 14, 2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old May 15, 2005, 10:39 AM
Kansas City area
Joined Nov 2001
2,743 Posts
I would recomend going to their "contacts" page and calling them at the number there. I do quite a bit of bissiness with them, and they amswer the phone more often than not. I feel certain they will figure out what happened, and work with you to rectify the issue.

Len
lensrc is offline Find More Posts by lensrc
Old May 16, 2005, 08:50 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
So, what happened?

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old May 16, 2005, 07:02 PM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,875 Posts
They responded quickly to my email and shipped the stuff out to me. I got everything today. I waited to post this until the order actually got into my hands.
10Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 10Thumbs