SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
Discussion
Sub-nano combo set

Hello, I got a question, I hope someone can help me.

The question is about the SUB NANO
Guys, I want to buy that nano set and this THIS usb receiver but I need to get a long distance range. Which is the best configuration? Should I use a big antenna in the transmitter? Or a big antenna in the receiver? If I use a big antenna in the transmitter, will it interfir any how in the image or power consumption? Thank you very much.
pacorulho is offline Find More Posts by pacorulho
Last edited by pacorulho; May 14, 2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Correction of the URLS
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2013, 06:21 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,854 Posts
OK Looks interesting but only 50mW, which could theoretically get a few km. Never seen anyone use a USB video receiver for FPV. I have no idea how well that will work, but have strong doubts about it..

Other issue is: if you are using a sub-Nano size it must be for a micro size aircraft, right? So then what do you use for RC control? All the micro sized RC rx I have seen are also on 2.4GHz, which is be highly problematic for doing FPV with any range over a couple hundred metres (yes, I have done it, but tons of RF issues). I guess there must be some older micro sized 72MHz RC rx out there from the old days of indoor RC flying?
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker