SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Question
Question about servo capacity and reciever

Ok so i am new to this with R/C, iv got tons of items, see link for pictures
http://rsb.se/gallery/showimage.php?i=12278&catid=203
I have tried to get help with my questions on 3 forums! wtihout no answer or usefule, so im jumping over to the experts.

I have been over at hobbyking and checked out little, what i notice is:

Cheaper (even cheapest) servo can handle the same speed as expensiver ones but often lacks in /kg or pound or whatever people here use and ofcourse quality may very but not something you can see on a pic or directly on the spec.
Is what i am saying true?

How do i know how much /kg/pound i need to handle a car?
something else i need to know before buying servos?

And about recievers i dont really know so much about them, what differens if i just want to drive my car or plane or whatever without give it ability to transform or power a fridge or something.

Regards Jonny
jcarlberg is offline Find More Posts by jcarlberg
Last edited by jcarlberg; Jul 23, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:25 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,968 Posts
Servos vary enormously in speed, torque, precision of centering, overall quality and cost.Cars, trucks, planes, etc. vary greatly too. So generalizations don't help much.

So you need to start by finding some specifications for the servos required for the car you plan to install it in. You won't get much help here, so you should go to the appropriate forum devoted to, say, cars. There you will find the necessary expertise and information.

Once you've figured out the specs for the servos you need, you can also get some advice on which specific servos have been found to work best for that type of application. There may be some reasonably inexpensive servos that will do the job, or you may be told to spend the necessary money and get a good one.

Not sure how you are linking receivers with refrigerators, but again, you will get the best advice on specific applications in the appropriate forum. Note that receivers are generally compatible only with the same brand of transmitter (there are exceptions such as Orange). Also, Spektrum surface receivers don't work with Spektrum air transmitters.

If you need advice on how the radios work or what goes wrong, this is the forum to come to.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Servos vary enormously in speed, torque, precision of centering, overall quality and cost.Cars, trucks, planes, etc. vary greatly too. So generalizations don't help much.

So you need to start by finding some specifications for the servos required for the car you plan to install it in. You won't get much help here, so you should go to the appropriate forum devoted to, say, cars. There you will find the necessary expertise and information.

Once you've figured out the specs for the servos you need, you can also get some advice on which specific servos have been found to work best for that type of application. There may be some reasonably inexpensive servos that will do the job, or you may be told to spend the necessary money and get a good one.

Not sure how you are linking receivers with refrigerators, but again, you will get the best advice on specific applications in the appropriate forum. Note that receivers are generally compatible only with the same brand of transmitter (there are exceptions such as Orange). Also, Spektrum surface receivers don't work with Spektrum air transmitters.

If you need advice on how the radios work or what goes wrong, this is the forum to come to.
Ok that i should have known.
I know this isnt the right place but only here i found dedicated "radios" if im not blinde.
Ok i have believed that it doesnt mather wich brand, atleast if it uses cristals and even if not.hmm not good but thanks for the reply and help.
jcarlberg is offline Find More Posts by jcarlberg
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlberg View Post
Ok so i am new to this with R/C, iv got tons of items, see link for pictures http://rsb.se/gallery/showimage.php?i=12278&catid=203 I have tried to get help with my questions on 3 forums! wtihout no answer or usefule, so im jumping over to the experts.
Cheaper (even cheapest) servo can handle the same speed as expensiver ones but often lacks in /kg or pound or whatever people here use and ofcourse quality may very but not something you can see on a pic or directly on the spec. Is what i am saying true? How do i know how much /kg/pound i need to handle a car? something else i need to know before buying servos?
And about recievers i dont really know so much about them, what differens if i just want to drive my car or plane or whatever without give it ability to transform or power a fridge or something.Regards Jonny
Be guided by the car, boat or plane manufacturers recommendations.
Cheaper is not always wise as "you get what you pay for" is often very true
in the RC Hobby world.
101 - Servo FAQ & picking the right servo for the job
Servo - FAQ : Servo Torque (How is it measured) and Conversion Kg.cm <> oz in

Good information available under sub sections:
"Boats, Yachts, Submarines, Warship Combat and Nautical reviews"
"Cars & Trucks"
"FAQ = Answers for Beginners and Advanced RC'ers"
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ"
at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:13 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,968 Posts
Take a good look at the material Alan has provided. He always has a very helpful overview and offers a great starting point for your research.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlberg View Post
Ok so i am new to this with R/C, iv got tons of items, see link for pictures
http://rsb.se/gallery/showimage.php?i=12278&catid=203
I have tried to get help with my questions on 3 forums! wtihout no answer or usefule, so im jumping over to the experts.

Cheaper (even cheapest) servo can handle the same speed as expensiver ones but often lacks in /kg or pound or whatever people here use and ofcourse quality may very but not something you can see on a pic or directly on the spec.
Is what i am saying true?

How do i know how much /kg/pound i need to handle a car?
something else i need to know before buying servos?

And about recievers i dont really know so much about them, what differens if i just want to drive my car or plane or whatever without give it ability to transform or power a fridge or something.

Regards Jonny
As was mentioned, if your model is an RC car, the RC car forum is a good place to find out what other RC car enthusiasts are using. You may find recommendations specific to your model.

This forum is, however, the perfect place to discuss receivers, servos, radios, and other RC related items. Just because you have a car does not mean you cannot benefit from the discussions here.
Buschbarber is online now Find More Posts by Buschbarber