SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Dec 2005
112 Posts
Discussion
Printrbot Software Help!

So I finally got my Printrbot machine and load in the control software, Pronterface. I load up the recommended new parameters and try to save them in a config file, but they don't "take". Any one got any ideas? There is a Forum dedicated to the Printrbot called Printrbot Talk, but after registering, I never receive the obligatory email activation (yes- I checked the spam folder)
mlmcquiggjr is offline Find More Posts by mlmcquiggjr
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 05:24 PM
USA, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined Nov 2006
552 Posts
Pronterface is your printer interface.Use a program like Slic3r to load your STL file to generate the G code.Then load pronterface with that g code and print.
Madbob9 is offline Find More Posts by Madbob9
Old May 31, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Dec 2005
112 Posts
That's not much help-

My version of Pronterface has been integrated with Slic3r, you load up an stl and a gcode is generated all in Prontrface. My problem is still the config file doesn't get saved after I change necessary parameters.
Old May 31, 2012, 01:47 AM
USA, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined Nov 2006
552 Posts
What is the firmware your board is using?Sprinter or merlin.Are you compiling before upload?
Madbob9 is offline Find More Posts by Madbob9
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Dec 2005
112 Posts
I found something that works!

In forum hopping I stumbled upon this link for the latest Pronterface download: http://koti.kapsi.fi/~kliment/printrun/
I put it in a directory directly in my C: drive. Un zipped the files and all seems fine.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
ProBro #261
Coogee, Australia
Joined Aug 2003
610 Posts
I've got a printrbot +, I've had alot more success using cura to do the slicing than slic3r. I found slic3r was not filling in the thin parts of a profile and the parts were very weak. Cura is based on skeinforge but just a heck of alot more easy to use.

Follow the instructions to install the latest development version, I haven't found any bugs in it and it has all the new features to control heatbeds etc.

I also use pronterface separely for the machine control. The integrated pronterface console in Cura is pretty lacking.

Matt
mc71 is offline Find More Posts by mc71