SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:54 AM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,150 Posts
Have you ever flown any thing successfully before? Then the answer is yes....

If not, get the to a flight simulator and practice radio control or surely you shall crash.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:41 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, City of San Fernando
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
was able to fly a sky surfer a few times after several hours in a simulator. kind of not sure of getting a good landing on wheels yet but on a phoenix simulator i can fly and land the cessna. i was wondering how to properly set up this cessna so it will be easy and enjoyable to fly. if you add some modifications like in the front wheel wouldn't it affect its characteristic?
voltzmd is offline Find More Posts by voltzmd
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined May 2010
1,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galand View Post
Based on the comments in this thread I reinforced the nose wheel mounting with a block of Sintra.
Hey Galand or anyone else here, i have had issues with my front gear not only the bracket breaking loose but also strut bends...This happens during my landing approach when my cessa hits the thick grass before reaching blacktop runway...i have fixed twice already and wondered if anyone has replaced with thicker strut...maybe the front stut off a larger FMS/airfield trainer could be retro fitted and would not bend....If i was better at landing where i wanted the gear would hold up fine..it has nice dampener/shock...Any suggestions while i have this bird appart is appreciated..thx
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:04 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
Hey Galand or anyone else here, i have had issues with my front gear not only the bracket breaking loose but also strut bends...This happens during my landing approach when my cessa hits the thick grass before reaching blacktop runway...i have fixed twice already and wondered if anyone has replaced with thicker strut...maybe the front stut off a larger FMS/airfield trainer could be retro fitted and would not bend....If i was better at landing where i wanted the gear would hold up fine..it has nice dampener/shock...Any suggestions while i have this bird appart is appreciated..thx
The stock nose wheel strut has a fair diameter. I should be possible to find or fashion a heavier one. I have also used the nose strut from the FMS T28 on a canard plane. But then something else will break. It acts like fuse absorbing excessive force.
I have swapped my Cessna for a Radian glider and also bought the new Mercury from Nitroplanes:
http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-402-m...-blue-kit.html
Fantastic flyer btw.
So I am out of the Cessna business for the time being.
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:04 AM
Joined May 2010
1,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galand View Post
The stock nose wheel strut has a fair diameter. I should be possible to find or fashion a heavier one. I have also used the nose strut from the FMS T28 on a canard plane. But then something else will break. It acts like fuse absorbing excessive force.
I have swapped my Cessna for a Radian glider and also bought the new Mercury from Nitroplanes:
http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-402-m...-blue-kit.html
Fantastic flyer btw.
So I am out of the Cessna business for the time being.
Thx galand, i ended up beefing up the plastic that holds the strut similiar to what you did,but used gorilla glue to bond it in place ... i have a fleet of planes..i love them all...
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2012
31 Posts
Hey Guys, I just purchased this plane and installed flaps, I have a DX7 and AR600 RX. I hooked the flaps up to the gear channel and the three position flap switch. I would like to adjust the amount the flaps go down and the speed they move. Does anyone know how to program that on a DX7? Right now they move too fast and look like they are too far down. Thanks for your help
aero3113 is offline Find More Posts by aero3113
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:39 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
You need a little servo delay module to slow down the flap throws.

you should be able to set the flap values on the Tx to change how far they deploy.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:52 PM
United States, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2012
31 Posts
Are you sure you can't set the speed in the transmitter also?
aero3113 is offline Find More Posts by aero3113
Last edited by aero3113; Dec 03, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:58 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero3113 View Post
Are you sure you can't set the speed in the transmitter also?
I also have a dx7 and I don't think you can. I have read that the dx7s is capable of adjusting the speed.
toofast4charlie is offline Find More Posts by toofast4charlie
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:11 AM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
The new DX7S has the delay function, the original DX7 does not.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hold my beer, now watch this!
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
I have finally got this Sky Trainer in the air after a few props and bent motor shafts. This guy seems to like to bank hard, I have tried opposite rudder and does not seem to straighten out. Is it too much aileron?
Burner147 is offline Find More Posts by Burner147
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:10 AM
Blade mSR freak
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Set your aileron rate where it's comfortable. You shouldn't need 'opposing' rudder in any case unless you're doing knife-style maneuvers. It should turn with typical coordinated rudder and aileron input.

Remember, it will handle better nose heavy-than tail-heavy. Usually the tip-stalling and nose up/down propshaft-breaking crashes are from a tail-heavy setup.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:38 AM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,150 Posts
siding finished (4 min 12 sec)

makes a good photo platform for small stuff.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:53 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner147 View Post
I have finally got this Sky Trainer in the air after a few props and bent motor shafts. This guy seems to like to bank hard, I have tried opposite rudder and does not seem to straighten out. Is it too much aileron?
If you use a lot of throw the plane will have adverse yaw. Mine does it but I have trained my thumbs to use rudder. You can also mix in some rudder too if you like. The real plane requires that you use rudder when making turns and this one flies a lot like the real thing. Either way to make the rolls axial or to make a smooth turn....you need to use rudder in the same direction as the ailerons. Not a lot but some...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hold my beer, now watch this!
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
I would like to wire up the LED lights on my Sky Trainer. Anyone have links to the connectors so I can plug these in?
Burner147 is offline Find More Posts by Burner147