HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:46 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post
What happened to the 3 D mob ? Everybody should be posting with all the Halloween candy left over . LOL

Kody you got one nice flying 30 CC Slick there . I found out today about Tims orange 30 CC slick airplane today Sorry to here it went in . With your new plane and radio I wish you good luck.
I heard Kody drinkin the Koolaid these days.....
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:28 PM
Flarpy
Kitsap County
Joined Nov 2010
763 Posts
Supatim.. If you happen upon flop, stuff the sbach in his car..
flarpy is offline Find More Posts by flarpy
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:14 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,774 Posts
What happened Supatim??!
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:34 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,602 Posts
WOO HOO.....
Just got off the phone with Noll at 3DHS and he was kind enough to sell me the set of wings out of the last Yellow 72" Extra330sc they have in stock. (For those who don't know my wife ran over my old set).

3DHS rocks!!!
Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy!
D-Man
xxD-Manxx is offline Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:35 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
Yes I've been sipping the Kool-Aid a little... I'll give them props for the time spent on R&D. It really shows in how they assemble and fly.

DLE35RA is a rocket ship power plant! lol Runs great once you put the correct settings on the carb. The factory pre sets were WAY off to what the manual shows. Changed to what the manual recommends and off she went.

Passed the DB test @ 88.5.
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:48 PM
Gone Gas! / Gone Crazy?
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Sep 2012
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kody'd'punk View Post
DLE35RA is a rocket ship power plant! lol
I saw it with my own eyes of disbelief... it appeared Kody was flying a flippin ballistic missile as he pulled straight up, while rolling and seemly was picking up speed!

I have one question does the Slick come with a heat shield for atmosphere re-entry?
Mr Whirl is offline Find More Posts by Mr Whirl
Last edited by Mr Whirl; Nov 06, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:52 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,774 Posts
Congrats Kody & D-Man, good outcomes both.
Last edited by MCSGUY; Nov 06, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Apr 2008
293 Posts
Quote:
Yes I've been sipping the Kool-Aid a little... I'll give them props for the time spent on R&D. It really shows in how they assemble and fly.

DLE35RA is a rocket ship power plant! lol Runs great once you put the correct settings on the carb. The factory pre sets were WAY off to what the manual shows. Changed to what the manual recommends and off she went.

which muffler?
harv_d is offline Find More Posts by harv_d
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:09 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Feb 2002
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv_d View Post
which muffler?
stock
kody'd'punk is offline Find More Posts by kody'd'punk
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:12 PM
aka ECAA3D
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:

Rad. How is the 55CC? The RA is coming out soon and it's most likely going to be my first gas engine.

You guys have a bunch of experience with big planes. I'm having a REAL hard time trying to decide on what airframe I'm going to get. I love my 60" EF Extra and I want something that obviously flies as good.

The list so far

Pilot Edge 540 30%
Pilot Extra 300 30%
Extreme Flight 91"if it ever comes out
Pau Extra 300 30%

I've really been eying the Pilot airframes but heard a few negatives after a couple searches.

I fly a mix of precision and 3d so I want something that will do both equally as well. So I guess I'm asking your opinions on airframes since I know a lot of you actually fly.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Last edited by m0dest; Nov 06, 2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: question
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:40 AM
This ain't my first rodeo...
United States, WA, Orting
Joined Jan 2010
1,467 Posts
Hey boys, it's been a while so thought I'd check in. Don't worry I'm not dead, just gainfully employed after about a week of kicking rocks. I changed industries completely after my 3rd layoff in 4 years and as such almost have to cut my teeth all over again. That being said, it's back to a normal 8-5 for the first time in probably 15 years... Good news is that the new job is 5 minutes from a park, I take about 10 minutes to eat, and with an hour lunch I can sneak in almost 40 minutes or RC!!!

Name: cyl.jpg
Views: 38
Size: 219.6 KB
Description:

Between family, work, and sleep (ranked properly) I'm left with about 2 hours to pack in as much garage time as I can. Here's a sneak peak at the new 50cc Valley View Slick I picked up. Started it last night and with 2 hours here and there should maiden this weekend!

Name: slick.jpg
Views: 41
Size: 90.5 KB
Description:

Last thing before I turn in for the night is this beauty! Got my hands on the version 2 DLE-222 for the 126" AJ Sick I'm building for this next year. It's gonna be a BEAST!!!

Name: 222.jpg
Views: 63
Size: 79.6 KB
Description:

Take care guys and get some stick time in for me! I've got a new phone # since I had to relinquish my old company cell. Hit me up anytime but text is best during the day #206-383-5496.
SupaTim is offline Find More Posts by SupaTim
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:41 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim View Post
Last thing before I turn in for the night is this beauty! Got my hands on the version 2 DLE-222 for the 126" AJ Sick I'm building for this next year. It's gonna be a BEAST!!!.
ARGH! A Beast and a Beauty, you shouldn't show me things like that Timmy, I gotta at least learn to fly before starting to dream about one of those
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Tim, sorry to hear you got laid off, but happy to hear it was a short lived vacation!

I take it DLE addressed the issue with the first gen 222's?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:51 AM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
The list so far

Pilot Edge 540 30%
Pilot Extra 300 30%
Pau Extra 300 30%
Wow, a list without a Guppy.

What about the EF Edge 540?
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:55 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
Rad. How is the 55CC? The RA is coming out soon and it's most likely going to be my first gas engine.

You guys have a bunch of experience with big planes. I'm having a REAL hard time trying to decide on what airframe I'm going to get. I love my 60" EF Extra and I want something that obviously flies as good.

The list so far

Pilot Edge 540 30%
Pilot Extra 300 30%
Pau Extra 300 30%

I've really been eying the Pilot airframes but heard a few negatives after a couple searches.

I fly a mix of precision and 3d so I want something that will do both equally as well. So I guess I'm asking your opinions on airframes since I know a lot of you actually fly.
what negatives?

Sucky wheels? yes the old ones are horrible. Pilot replaced them with a better hub.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38