HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Great Job Stelios!!

My Open box (or open bag) review of the more "cost effective" 2011 worlds replica version:

Jabber unboxing review RC Motorcycle 2011 version (8 min 38 sec)
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Edit.... figured it out
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Cooking done... While the pennes were doing themselves, and the chinese-style chicken was also cooking (small pot, background!) ....
This is why you are the most famous RC- biker, you bring it all to life!

I look forward to seeing your STO rider. I was talking to Stefan at the WC and the riders looks good. I liked the street fighter helmet.

I am saving for one of these(Jabber) I just need to stop buying other little things, or get a job!
Rob1o1 is online now Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Last edited by Rob1o1; Today at 01:40 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,348 Posts
Very cool video, Kevin! Thanks for showing!!!!!!!!

I posted one pic at my FB with the unpainted STO Racing rider. It doesn't look so clear as it is unpainted, so please be patient a few days to see it painted and decorated!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Very cool video, Kevin! Thanks for showing!!!!!!!!

I posted one pic at my FB with the unpainted STO Racing rider. It doesn't look so clear as it is unpainted, so please be patient a few days to see it painted and decorated!
Very welcome.

I can't wait to see your paint job.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Very welcome.

I can't wait to see your paint job.
Me too, Kevin! But,... I trust my friends. You may find their work under the NSquared (Nikos and Nikitas, hence the N2) name on FB. This is their first ever rc bike. They do mostly electric and nitro 1/10 TC's...
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Me too, Kevin! But,... I trust my friends. You may find their work under the NSquared (Nikos and Nikitas, hence the N2) name on FB. This is their first ever rc bike. They do mostly electric and nitro 1/10 TC's...

I would like to have someone paint my bike too. Honestly.
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
294 Posts
Darn Kev - you had the bike how long and are still building it? I would have been cannibalizing every RC I have to get it running asap. That's what I did to my '13 (soon to become a '15 ).

I can't wait for Steliosh to start reporting on his. Congrats on the bike Steliosh.

-wil
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskip View Post
Darn Kev - you had the bike how long and are still building it? I would have been cannibalizing every RC I have to get it running asap. That's what I did to my '13 (soon to become a '15 ).

I can't wait for Steliosh to start reporting on his. Congrats on the bike Steliosh.

-wil
LoL...ya its been setting. I sold my KP14 and now transferred electronics today. Made build vid...trying to edit now.
Old Today, 12:02 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
826 Posts
Rskip hey how you doing, ready for another round of Nats next year? I can't wait looking forward to getting more bikes on the blacktop.
DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Today, 12:07 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,348 Posts
thanks, Wil! Well... the last couple of weeks has been very busy, work-wise, and it will be until Dec. 28, when I retire!
Well... a few more days to sort the retirement paperwork -which seems to be huge and equally boring- and then sail to other career projects!

Stay tuned!!!

So... back to rc bikes, and the J15 in particular, I was too working on the bike every morning for maybe half an hour, then calling Clark on FB or email, asking this silly and that stupid, then getting his quick responses, and quitting the bike build for the next morning's half an hour!

This morning, as I said, I managed to finish the bodywork cutting, actually only the upper shell, since the bike came with a pre-cut and pre-drilled lower fairing, and gave the complete bike to my friends Nsquared for painting.

I have a couple more things to sort out before it hits the track:
Prep my 2014 Worlds GRP wheels for the JABBER hubs (just a dremel job here and there, around the rim inner surface to match the bolting spots of the carbon spokes...
Also, redo the steering damper (new springs, included with the kit)... Waiting to find the correct oil before opening the damper.
Finally, shorten the leads from the ESC to battery. Right now, as it came off my SB-5, the leads are way too long. They were leading to the rear of the battery case, but now, the battery plugs are better to the front, right below the ESC.

Weather permitting (it is 8C, dry and freezing strong wind, right now, at 7am, in Athens), I might take it to the track with an old body, just to make sure it goes straight. This first test will be done with said old GRP S1 tires, and an old body, modded a bit from the SB5.

Kevin, you may ask my friends at Nsquared, to do you a paint job?
Or else, you can also ask Dany Boudin who is doing all those fabulous RG Evolution paintings (also on FB).

If you don't have an upper body, I could arrange and get one from -say- rc-motorradshop, have it painted and send it over to you?

It would be only a matter of a week or so each time in transport, really...
I'm not sure about prices, however, since this is their first bike body. It will depend on how difficult it proves to finish...
Old Today, 12:42 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
826 Posts
Steliosh how do you like the GRP's and which of the Roadies do you recommend for the SB5?. I'm thinking the heavy Roadies provides better handling for the SB5.
DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Today, 05:18 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,348 Posts
First of all, I have only ran the 13.5T motor for the last 2-3 years, and after August this year, the 3215kv motor which is slightly faster, so I can't comment on how the tires behave at speeds...
Second, I use no front brake, and third, before the GRP S1, I was using the regulated PMT200 profiled tires...
So, being used to these PMT's, the S1 seems very similar.

I have not used Roadies since 2012 for no apparent reason. My LHS was also supplying 1/5 car GRP tires, so it was quite easy for me to order a pair only, when they ordered car tires.
The Roadies that came with the bike, I weighed them and they are almost the same with my 20-batteries-old GRP's: around 100-105 gram front and 178-180 gram rear.
So, to the question: I think they are very much like the PMT200's I was using, at my local tracks. Both tracks tend to be slippery either when very hot or very cold. And usually they are untreated (no sugared water, for example), while the use they see is 99% nitro cars with foam tires, and the rest 1% is the use of rubber tires of the 1/5 cars. The GRP's are very consistent for 10-15 minutes, and that's what one wants. Using tire warmers is also good, so you have warm tires from lap one, and don't need some familiarization laps.

I have used weights (GRP ones) on the GRP tires, and they make the bike responses mellower... somewhat slower, but the feeling I get is mellower, softer...
I usually add 2 rings on the rear wheel only. and only in the rain. Practically I used them two times!
Old Today, 07:36 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,348 Posts
Two boring pics: