HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Careful!
Sky High Hobby

Skyhighhobby.com
Has anyone ordered from them?

I placed an order for a DL (Opertyx) glider prebuilt with servos and battery for $120.00 on the 20th of July and it's still a no show.

They have not answered my last two emails which doesn't look good. I have also contacted PayPal regarding this order.

Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Good Lift
HandLaunch is offline Find More Posts by HandLaunch
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:35 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts
Sky High Hobby

Same here. I placed an order for their Micro DLG and I received an email from Leon saying it was shipped but have seen nothing after 4 weeks.
droidit11 is offline Find More Posts by droidit11
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:37 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Sky high: Bad news.

I confirm similar experience.

Ordered a mini DLG about 6 weeks ago, sent two follow up emails to Vagrik, and no reply and no plane.

V. sad.

Any suggestions for a similar plane? Or do I just hack an old chuck glider?
nbrauer718 is offline Find More Posts by nbrauer718
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:31 PM
Mississauga (Toronto), Canada
Joined Oct 2004
52 Posts
Any luck with orders with Sky High Hobby? I'm thinking about ordering the mini
RC Technics is offline Find More Posts by RC Technics
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:11 AM
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
Hi,

I have ordered an Micro DLG from skyhighhobby.com at 7 june 2013. I have payed $48through Paypal. Until now i have not received anything. I have emailed twice and only one time have gotten a reply (he could not supply the lipo so the order was late). That was about two months ago.

After that nothing.....

On his website "he" writes "If you have placed an order within the last month or so, please be patient as i am trying my best to fulfill all orders. This is a small parttime business. I try to have a life beyond it! ".

This is an actual quote from the site....

I have a bad feeling about this and i think i will never receive anything. I have informed my creditcard organisation about this.

So if i were you guys (or girls) i would not order from skyhighhobby.com

The reason i have placed this reply is that i went looking on google if the were any experiences like mine....and i get this hit on this site....I have made an account specially for this reply so to warn others, and to confirm the other questions and experiences.

I am happy it was only $ 48 because i think i will not get back my money.

Regards
Gerard
Netherlands
GdV42 is offline Find More Posts by GdV42
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:40 AM
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
In the meantime,....

Yesterday i posted a reaction on youtube on one of the video's of skyhighhobby the micro DLG.

Of cource i gave a reaction about not receiving an order and waiting for three months...

Today my reaction is gone.....SO i wanted to post a reaction again.....AND now comes the interesting part. I cannot give reactions any more because the maker of the video has made that impossible !

It does tell me one thing....skyhighhobby is well aware of the fact they are not sending people the ordered and payd micro-dlg's. And they do not want negative publicity.....

So the are not sending planes to payed customers....but they do make sure potential sellers do not get to know this on youtube..
GdV42 is offline Find More Posts by GdV42
Old Sep 08, 2013, 10:01 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
sky high hobby

Well that really sucks to hear after buing the opteryx kit I'm 14 work at mc donalds and don't get paid crap so $62 is a lot of money to me and it may as well have been thrown in a fire that's really great if any of you get the prouductyou orderd plz contact me.
acimalo is offline Find More Posts by acimalo
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:16 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
To get back on this I got my kit I just sent him a few decent messages to his email wich is ligroy@gmail.com he is a real cool guy and I got mine shiped to me a few days after emailing him and the shiping took about a week so good luck with your orders
acimalo is offline Find More Posts by acimalo
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:17 PM
airplanedude97
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Skyhighhobby rip off

Do not buy anything from Sky High Hobby. Like GdV42 I ordered a Micro DLG. After hearing nothing for a couple weeks I emailed and was told it would ship within the next week. Had to email again 2 weeks later. Same reply. As soon as it got to 45 days and I could not dispute on Paypal all communication has stopped.
Wish I had seen this thread first.
There is nothing "cool" about this bum and his stealing.
I hope he chokes on a servo....
airplanedude97 is offline Find More Posts by airplanedude97
Old Apr 11, 2014, 01:20 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2 Posts
Ordered an Opteryx also

I didn't do enough research and ordered from SkyHigh a week ago. Paid via PayPal. Have not heard anything from them. I just checked and their domain, skyhighhobby.com, expired on 4/8/2014. I will try to contact the company, but probably will have to dispute the charge with PayPal. Looks like a real scam.
MikeRoper is offline Find More Posts by MikeRoper
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:26 AM
airplanedude97
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Mike,
File your dispute now. I trusted the emails I received from that joker Vagrik that they were behind with their orders and to be patient. Then 45 days past and so did the communication.
They are a joke. and I still hope he chokes on that servo......I'm not doing the Heimlich for him either when he does.
airplanedude97 is offline Find More Posts by airplanedude97
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:26 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
I ordered the mini DLG from sky high hobby recently as well. After waiting 4 weeks for delivery, I sent several emails without receiving any acknowledgement. I filed a dispute with Paypal because I'm very close to the 45 days deadline. Paypal sent him the dispute as is their standard Operating procedure. I was hoping that even though he did not respond to me, he might respond to Paypal but after several days, not a peep from him so I filed a claim. I would suggest to stay away from Sky High Hobby and if you had ordered and not received anything to dispute and file a claim before the deadline.
bnrc is offline Find More Posts by bnrc