New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2015, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by joaodrp
Joined Jan 2015
42 Posts
Hi guys,

Anyone can share good base PIDs for a fpv250 V1?

I'm using DYS BE1806 + Afro 12A + Blheli + naze32 + cleanflight + 3S and no fpv gear.

I'm trying to tune PC 1 and 2 but it is getting difficult.

Thanks
joaodrp is online now Find More Posts by joaodrp
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2015, 03:36 AM
Find More Posts by betibeau
Belgium, Walloon Region, Waterloo
Joined May 2010
250 Posts
Hi joaodrop, I assume the orientation of the board, the 3 position switch etc... are correctly setup.
I have the same components as you BE1806 AFRO 12A (simonk) NAZE32 from HK, cleanflight and 3S 1300, 1500 & 1350 MAH. I also assume the calibrationof the esc is done. I have used the following figures:
Naze32 - An Initial Setup Guide (43 min 8 sec)

You can also try the autotune here
How to Naze32 Autotune (6 min 21 sec)
When I build a quad I write down every detailed setup applied in a word document. I am ready to share it, what is your private email.
B rgds
Thierry
betibeau is online now Find More Posts by betibeau
Old Apr 19, 2015, 04:18 AM
Find More Posts by joaodrp
Joined Jan 2015
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by betibeau View Post
Hi joaodrop, I assume the orientation of the board, the 3 position switch etc... are correctly setup.
I have the same components as you BE1806 AFRO 12A (simonk) NAZE32 from HK, cleanflight and 3S 1300, 1500 & 1350 MAH. I also assume the calibrationof the esc is done. I have used the following figures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9xLS0vTb78
You can also try the autotune here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXzy9Jq4OSQ.
When I build a quad I write down every detailed setup applied in a word document. I am ready to share it, what is your private email.
B rgds
Thierry

Hi Thierry,

I got all setup and ready to fly, but thanks!

So you're flying with stock pids? Which PC? I also use 1300mah battery, so they are pretty similar.

Do you fly in which mode?
joaodrp is online now Find More Posts by joaodrp
Old Apr 19, 2015, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by sihinch
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
520 Posts
Managed to fly mine for the first time in an open space (rather than the back yard) at our filed spring clean up. It was blowing about 25mph winds so took some managing but I got it down in 1 piece. I've been flying planes for about 5 years but this is my first outdoor quad. Loved it!

Multistar elite 2300kV motors with 12A Afro ESCs and a KK2.1.5 controller. It's the low hung clean and dirty frame.
sihinch is online now Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by mundsen
Joined Feb 2012
98 Posts
Started this build some time ago, and finished it today.
SunnySky 2300Kv motors
Afro 12A ESC (BlHeli)
Naze32 (full) running Cleanflight
Gemfan 5x3 prop
RGB LED in the rear (Green = ready, Blue = armed...)
Taranis RX + telemetry

336gr without LiPo

Tested usiong 1500mAh Nono-Tech 3S

Next FPV camera + TX

Have designed and printed the white mounting plate. It is mounted to the frame using 4 rubber vib.dampers
mundsen is online now Find More Posts by mundsen
Old Apr 22, 2015, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by Bubba chunks
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
I know alot of you don't like kk2 fc but I have one, I am having trouble setting up it hovers fine then has a slight osolalation I have played with p and i gain and just wondered if any one could share there settings or help me, it has dys 2300kv motors with 12amp blheli esc many thanks and running rc911 firmware
Bubba chunks is offline Find More Posts by Bubba chunks
Old Apr 23, 2015, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by betibeau
Belgium, Walloon Region, Waterloo
Joined May 2010
250 Posts
I ve got the same issue with Steveis 18S1 PRO FW
betibeau is online now Find More Posts by betibeau
Old Apr 23, 2015, 04:20 AM
Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba chunks View Post
I know alot of you don't like kk2 fc but I have one, I am having trouble setting up it hovers fine then has a slight osolalation I have played with p and i gain and just wondered if any one could share there settings or help me, it has dys 2300kv motors with 12amp blheli esc many thanks and running rc911 firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by betibeau View Post
I ve got the same issue with Steveis 18S1 PRO FW

Your set up is the most easy one for any FC.

I'm using KK2.1 running MultiWii 2.3 .. and it does work perfectly with DYS motor and Emax Simon ESC (my old Simon has a variant of BLheli, last Simon should have original BLheli firmare) ...

Anyhow ... for this set up default PID should just be ok .. eventually reduce a bit the autolevel PID ... speaking of KK2.1 running MultiWii

Here is my latest DYS motor running KK2 multiwii
DYS 320 Carbon Fibre Folding Quadcopter - KK2 mini multiwii - Maiden with PiP video (7 min 43 sec)

Here is a FPV250 video from KK2 multiwii
Lago Blu - Breuil-Cervinia Valle d'Aosta - Aerial Video from FPV250v3 with TOPCAM (5 min 12 sec)
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by Martian21
United States, IN
Joined Apr 2014
92 Posts
So for those of you running Cleanflight on a Naze32 (or similar) what PID controller are you using and what are your thoughts on it?
Martian21 is offline Find More Posts by Martian21
Old Apr 24, 2015, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by kah00na
Where in the weeds? Over here?
United States, KS, Topeka
Joined Apr 2013
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian21 View Post
So for those of you running Cleanflight on a Naze32 (or similar) what PID controller are you using and what are your thoughts on it?
I'm using PID Controller 3 because the yaw is awesome. The only problem I'm having is that when my throttle gets up around 60% and up, I start getting oscillations and I can't get rid of them. Anyone have any recommendations that might help? My PID settings are attached.
kah00na is online now Find More Posts by kah00na
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by kah00na
Where in the weeds? Over here?
United States, KS, Topeka
Joined Apr 2013
393 Posts
I finally got my FPV250 flying very smoothly! It is awesome. It is finally tuned to where I feel like I have a real good control over it. I made a video showing the parts I used, how I assembled it, and how I tuned it. Of my five mini quads & tris, this is now my number 1 favorite!

I've attached my CleanFlight PID tuning screenshots if anyone is interested.

FPV250 Parts, Assembly, and Tuning with Naze32 (17 min 31 sec)
kah00na is online now Find More Posts by kah00na