Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:57 PM
Life begins at 40
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
667 Posts
Rant
Why?!

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/26385...at-oh-hospital

Why do people think that doing this stuff is a good idea? It just gives our hobby a bad name, and makes us look like a bunch of immature, uncontrolled idiots!
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:24 PM
Canada, AB, Mundare
Joined Mar 2011
600 Posts
I don't know what to think, can someone really be that dumb? Next time I get a chance I will be sure to block in a ambulance.
Beerwiser is offline Find More Posts by Beerwiser
Old Yesterday, 03:00 AM
Joined Apr 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
"One of our flight nurses spotted it, and said 'Hey there's an object flying out here, I don't think it's a bird.' Then they saw it take off and they knew it was something other than a bird."
Maybe he took off as soon as he noticed the chopper? Maybe this is a normally responsible operator who just got into the wrong place at the wrong time?

I suppose it should never have been flown that close to a heli-pad and that there should have had a spotter watching out and a bunch of other things, but this article seems a bit hyped up and it only tells one side of the story. I probably wouldn't be calling the operator an idiot just yet.
SuperCamel is offline Find More Posts by SuperCamel