SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 31, 2013, 02:57 PM
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2013
409 Posts
Discussion
Dx7S

Not sure if correct place to post, but looking at getting a used DX 7S transmitter. I think there will be a glut of them. These aren't helicopter specific? Will work with an Apprentice S?
Thanks in advance
jh
dochoot is offline Find More Posts by dochoot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2013, 03:00 PM
Depron Daz
United Kingdom, England, Basingstoke
Joined Feb 2012
1,117 Posts
Will work with both fixed wing and heli so long as the model uses DSMX/DSM2 type Rx. Very good Tx for the price.
Daz393 is offline Find More Posts by Daz393
Old Oct 31, 2013, 03:02 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,788 Posts
The DX7s is NOT helicopter specific but has a great array of helicopter programming options. Yes, It will work with the Apprentice S and the Apprentice Manual has all the settings to bind it to the DX7s. Don't be too sure about a glut of them, I expect you will be seeing more DX8 transmitters in the classifieds as they are being discontinued. The DX7s is going to be continued to be produced.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 31, 2013, 03:19 PM
Joined Sep 2013
409 Posts
Thanks for info. I just think lots of people looking to upgrade, nature of hobby. Love to buddy box set up for my kids.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 08:11 PM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
i fly my micro helis and multirotors along with my planes on my dx7s, great radio. However id get the dx8 now because its practically the same price since its in the Horizon Rc sale outlet
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob
Old Nov 01, 2013, 05:10 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,054 Posts
Just picked up a DX7s in the classifieds. Put a wanted ad in there. Great radio.

As a matter of fact:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2028251
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Nov 01, 2013, 10:30 PM
Joined Sep 2013
409 Posts
Thanks. Just paid for one in the classifieds that comes with a chargeable battery. Hope not to maddening to set up. Only two planes (as of today).
Old Nov 01, 2013, 11:01 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochoot View Post
Thanks. Just paid for one in the classifieds that comes with a chargeable battery. Hope not to maddening to set up. Only two planes (as of today).
It's not, If it doesn't come with a manual you can print one off of Horizon's site.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Nov 02, 2013, 02:29 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochoot View Post
Just to note.The Apprentice S Manual that came with my plane [recent shipment] had the setup wrong for the DX7s.Make sure you check the online Manual and don't forget to reverse Aux1.Correct setup as follows.Gear to Inh.,FM to Inh.,Flap to Gear,Trainer to Aux1. Good luck.
1nutcase is offline Find More Posts by 1nutcase
Old Nov 04, 2013, 12:32 PM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jul 2012
511 Posts
Look in to the DX8. With the release of the DX9 the price has come down on them recently and I would expect it to go down a little more over time. They can also be had for a good price in the classified section.
erikc641 is offline Find More Posts by erikc641
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Sep 2013
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nutcase View Post
Just to note.The Apprentice S Manual that came with my plane [recent shipment] had the setup wrong for the DX7s.Make sure you check the online Manual and don't forget to reverse Aux1.Correct setup as follows.Gear to Inh.,FM to Inh.,Flap to Gear,Trainer to Aux1. Good luck.
First time working with this. 30 minutes to get my name in. Anyway, trying to set Trainer to Aux1 and it highlights the box but does not give choices (the others do). Also, how do you reverse Aux1? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:30 PM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
The DX7s is NOT helicopter specific but has a great array of helicopter programming options. Yes, It will work with the Apprentice S and the Apprentice Manual has all the settings to bind it to the DX7s. Don't be too sure about a glut of them, I expect you will be seeing more DX8 transmitters in the classifieds as they are being discontinued. The DX7s is going to be continued to be produced.
The DX-8 is being discontinued....????
rrg is offline Find More Posts by rrg
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrg View Post
The DX-8 is being discontinued....????
Owner of my LHS said that they were doing away with it in favor of the DX9.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 12:57 AM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jul 2012
511 Posts
I would be shocked if they dropped it completely. The 7s should go before the 8
erikc641 is offline Find More Posts by erikc641
Old Nov 07, 2013, 09:28 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,788 Posts
According to him, the DX9 is set to replace he DX8. He says he sells 3 DX7s' to one DX8. Strange.