HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2013, 03:32 AM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2.0

Hello,

I bought the Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2.0. I want to use the MegaPirateNG firmware so i looked up how to get it on there. In the APM_Config.h I used the PIRATES_CRIUS_AIO_PRO_V1 board, AP_BARO_MS5611_I2C sensor and all the other correct settings.

If I start up Mission Planner Mav 1.0 and connect everything looks fine, the sensors react good, radio calibration works good. but if i go into the basic PID settings i get 2 errors: "Failed to open THR_ACCEL_P" and "Failed to open THR_MID" the rest works fine.

I tried to take it for a spin, went woutside and armed it but i can't get a lift off. At full throttle it wont leave the ground. Do the errors that i get cause this problem? And is there anybody that can help me?

Help is really appreciated, i'm really stuck here.

Thanks for anybody who can help me,
Guy Dols
guydols is offline Find More Posts by guydols
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2013, 04:11 AM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
I try to do that also, but for me it's worse, I cannot even calibrate the acc and the compass. It seems that only the multiwii works on it.
glebreton is offline Find More Posts by glebreton
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Jan 2013
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glebreton View Post
I try to do that also, but for me it's worse, I cannot even calibrate the acc and the compass. It seems that only the multiwii works on it.
Megapirate works wonderfully on this board. What version of MPNG are you trying to load?

Update to:
https://code.google.com/p/megapirate...downloads/list

Then open terminal in mission planner, connect, setup, erase, disconnect

Back to connect in mission planner, check normal setup options, pids, etc..

What version of Mission Planner are you running?

These problems are probably from trying to run the wrong version of Mission Planner. MP is written for Arducopter. MPNG is a port so the two don't mesh if versions are out of date.
NoRcExperience is offline Find More Posts by NoRcExperience
Old Jun 02, 2014, 07:33 AM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
Got farther than me

I have the same board, i was able to connect it to the computer and used the adruino program to load the mega pirate firmware but i think im using the wrong program (mission planner because when i try to connect the board to the computer it tells me that it cant receive a heart beat packet. can you post a diagram of your connections.

im using windows 7
q-brain esc
turnigy 9x transmitter
P1808 is offline Find More Posts by P1808