SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
United States, OH, South Lebanon
Joined Jul 2005
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafod44 View Post
Thanks for the reply, its necessary to flash the LRS to get this working right? Because i haven't flashed mine yet as my ftdi programmer hasn't yet arrived and right now it does not work.
I don't believe the stock firmware does frequency hopping, so it would be more prone to interference, and probably shouldn't be flown around others using an LRS system as a result.
TimJC is online now Find More Posts by TimJC
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Joined Mar 2009
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafod44 View Post
Hi, im sorry for this noob question, but what is the "100m" next to the C1 on this pic, how many uF/pF/nF is it?
To me it looks like a 'n' on the schema = 100 nF

People usually write F for microfarard, not mF, so I guess it's a n.
flipflap is online now Find More Posts by flipflap
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
Canada, BC, Sooke
Joined Mar 2014
92 Posts
Suddenly my OrangeRX OpenLRS receiver's SMA connection (and the rest of the board I imagine) gets very hot. I have telemetry turned off. Anybody have ideas as to what would cause that? Seems to work okay....
genix is offline Find More Posts by genix
Old Today, 02:29 PM
Joined Jan 2014
2 Posts
Hi

I read a little about 1W transmitter. I know that is possible to change output power trough configuration.

I'm questioning is it possible that orange transmitter module can listen some channel from transmitter, and depending on its value is possible to change output power.

Maybe some switch or some potentiometer on transmitter.
This is probably question for OpenLrs.

This would be nice when you flying and signal get weak, and simply push switch and change output power from o.e. 300mW to 1W or something.
boha1 is online now Find More Posts by boha1
Old Today, 02:40 PM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boha1 View Post
Hi

I read a little about 1W transmitter. I know that is possible to change output power trough configuration.

I'm questioning is it possible that orange transmitter module can listen some channel from transmitter, and depending on its value is possible to change output power.

Maybe some switch or some potentiometer on transmitter.
This is probably question for OpenLrs.

This would be nice when you flying and signal get weak, and simply push switch and change output power from o.e. 300mW to 1W or something.
This is what happens when you apply the voltage mod to the unit. Usually people put a switch to change from 3.3v (low power~300mw) to 5v which makes the RF unit to give the max power...
GSD is online now Find More Posts by GSD
Old Today, 03:08 PM
Joined Jan 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD View Post
This is what happens when you apply the voltage mod to the unit. Usually people put a switch to change from 3.3v (low power~300mw) to 5v which makes the RF unit to give the max power...
I sow some post about it. But isn't this risk during flight. Some kind of reset, and someone said that is better to do this kind of switching before flight.

Maybe I misunderstand something.

My question is still open. (is it possible ?)

What solution is better switch for 3.3 to 5 V or my idea ?
Any other solution ?
boha1 is online now Find More Posts by boha1
Old Today, 03:48 PM
GSD
Productions
Greece
Joined Oct 2012
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boha1 View Post
I sow some post about it. But isn't this risk during flight. Some kind of reset, and someone said that is better to do this kind of switching before flight.

Maybe I misunderstand something.

My question is still open. (is it possible ?)

What solution is better switch for 3.3 to 5 V or my idea ?
Any other solution ?
I wouldn't use the switch during flight either! Maybe another solution could be a small pot adjusting gradually from 3.3 to 5v ... not so difficult with an adjustable dc-dc converter and some playing with resistors to achieve the ends of the pot to the needed values.. just an idea...
GSD is online now Find More Posts by GSD
Old Today, 03:58 PM
Joined Mar 2009
967 Posts
You're not taken by surprize at the range limit, it's rather progressive, and rssi shows you the progress, and then the number of loss packet give you more alarms, but there's nothing like a precise non-return point.

Also I don't know the range you're aiming for, but I made 12 km with the 1w, limited by my plane's range, and this was on 3.3V.
flipflap is online now Find More Posts by flipflap