HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:38 PM
USA, FL, Hudson
Joined Dec 2009
194 Posts
Yep, A little cutting on the frames in the battery area and above the tail boom block with the Devil 480 extended tail parts and you are basically there. Order the Devil Fast replacement canopy and boom cover and you would have it.
Troy S is offline Find More Posts by Troy S
Last edited by Troy S; Dec 04, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:49 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,286 Posts
Thx for the info.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:00 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
United States, VA
Joined Nov 2012
171 Posts
RC711 just posted another video of the 480 FAST. Nothing earth shattering here.
RC711.com - ALZRC Devil 480 FAST Test Flight # 1 (1 min 58 sec)
Virginian is online now Find More Posts by Virginian
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
Bomb Trails, Not People
United States, VA, Stephens City
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
I've got one of these canopies coming in a week or two, just have a question for those that have them. Will the fatter 6S packs fit? I've talked to people with the Nanotechs and Gens Ace but those packs are shaped more like a 3S 2200. From comparing the pics to the 450 Devil Fast canopy I have it appears there is more room under the "windshield" on the 480. I have to push like a SOB on the 450 Fast canopy to get the holes to the mount posts and with my Chrome pack it's almost impossible (hence the reason I am upgrading to the 480). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
MoJappa is offline Find More Posts by MoJappa
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Jun 2008
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJappa View Post
I've got one of these canopies coming in a week or two, just have a question for those that have them. Will the fatter 6S packs fit? I've talked to people with the Nanotechs and Gens Ace but those packs are shaped more like a 3S 2200. From comparing the pics to the 450 Devil Fast canopy I have it appears there is more room under the "windshield" on the 480. I have to push like a SOB on the 450 Fast canopy to get the holes to the mount posts and with my Chrome pack it's almost impossible (hence the reason I am upgrading to the 480). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Looks like the fatter packs fit, I just watch a youtube video of a japanese guy crashing his, and you can see the fat 6s pack in the aftermath...sorry can't find the link although it is there on youtube somewhere....
fishfiend is online now Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Jun 2008
468 Posts
On a sadder note, I just took mine out to the field for a test spin. I had set it up at home and tested out in the back garden. Everything was working fine,I had the headspeed governed at 3400, and the climbout was incredible.. once I started doing circuits tentatively it went to about 150 feet away and then promptly lost power and fell out of the sky! Arrgh...it turns out that a devo 7e with an rx601 has about a 150ft range...what a pile! I tend to do a lot of autos, so the damage was only the skids and a broken blade, with one or two chips to the canopy around the edge near where it meets the skids,but all shafts are still straight..gutted! Imight givethe transmitter another go with an rx802, otherwise i'll just have to put on the old faithful rx2801 and go with the wk2801 radio which I've never had any problems with... and I soooo wanted to post a video too!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:35 AM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,188 Posts
That isn't good. Sorry for that.
choopi is offline Find More Posts by choopi
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:12 AM
Bomb Trails, Not People
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
That encouraging...the battery news, not your crash. Sorry to hear but at least the damage is minimal. Hopefully this thing shows up soon, according to the tracking it left Hong King on the 29th. I got the cheapest shipping so I am not expecting it for two weeks so as not to get my hopes up. Not a big deal as I still need to order some stuff, namely two of the torque tube bearings. Thanks for the answer.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:36 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJappa View Post
That encouraging...the battery news, not your crash. Sorry to hear but at least the damage is minimal. Hopefully this thing shows up soon, according to the tracking it left Hong King on the 29th. I got the cheapest shipping so I am not expecting it for two weeks so as not to get my hopes up. Not a big deal as I still need to order some stuff, namely two of the torque tube bearings. Thanks for the answer.
Where did you get yours from?

I just placed an order for the green 480 from RC711 in HK. OOHOBBY was 20 more. Went for the EMS shipping (Think it's DHL). 6-10 days we'll see. I like the colors of the green 450 better, no yellow, but oh well. Now it's time to order everything else.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:10 AM
Joined Jun 2008
468 Posts
Mine came from rc711, in about a week. I find that HK post is really quick to the UK and China post is really slow!
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:13 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
What did you do for servos? Want to get them in the US.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:31 AM
Joined Jun 2008
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
What did you do for servos? Want to get them in the US.
Sorry i'm in the UK so i got all my stuff from Hobbyking..comes in about 10 days unless it's batteries which take a little longer..
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:30 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend View Post
On a sadder note, I just took mine out to the field for a test spin. I had set it up at home and tested out in the back garden. Everything was working fine,I had the headspeed governed at 3400, and the climbout was incredible.. once I started doing circuits tentatively it went to about 150 feet away and then promptly lost power and fell out of the sky! Arrgh...it turns out that a devo 7e with an rx601 has about a 150ft range...what a pile! I tend to do a lot of autos, so the damage was only the skids and a broken blade, with one or two chips to the canopy around the edge near where it meets the skids,but all shafts are still straight..gutted! Imight givethe transmitter another go with an rx802, otherwise i'll just have to put on the old faithful rx2801 and go with the wk2801 radio which I've never had any problems with... and I soooo wanted to post a video too!
What is the story with the 150 ft limit and the output of some Devo's at either 10 or 100 mW? I'm looking at purchasing the Devo 10 and confused.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:37 AM
Bomb Trails, Not People
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
I ordered from RC711.com.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:21 AM
Joined Jun 2008
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
What is the story with the 150 ft limit and the output of some Devo's at either 10 or 100 mW? I'm looking at purchasing the Devo 10 and confused.
Dunno about the 10, but the 7e with an rx601 is sh Tried it with another rx601 same story, opened up the transmitter, and all looks fine to my eyes, I've put an rx2801 on it now and it's fine with my old transmitter, as a final try I'm gonna get an rx802 and try it with one of those. If it's still no good with that then the 7e will go for the sim and i'll get a 10, or an 8s