HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:35 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
434 Posts
Another strange issue with Naza. Hope you can find the fix.
When/if you do so, please don't run away like some others do and share the result with us.

Sometimes I feel really blessed with my Naza/GPS because people report so many issues with it and I never had any major one. It worked as advertised right out of the box.
There was only one problem with mine (jumpy auto-landings) and that seemed to go away after raising the platform.

I am wondering what your issue will come down to, but I have the feeling it will have to do with your ESCs...
I use everything stock (except the props...)
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:50 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier because I had college exams. So today I had time to test the quad. It works properly without the props on. The led module double-blinks confirming that it's in atti mode and the motors respond the way they should when I tilt the quadcopter or move the sticks. When I test it with props it starts wobbling (like in the video). The module double-blinks yellow until I reach half throttle. However unlike in the video and all my previous tests, this time I decided to push the throttle stick a little more (to the max actually) and then saw the led module blinking red even though my battery was fully charged. I don't know what it means other than my battery is supposed to be low. But it's not the case because it is fully charged. I would like once again to thank you guys for your helpful posts! I hope somebody knows what this means!
BKool is offline Find More Posts by BKool
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:54 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,499 Posts
Bkool how old are your batteries and what C rating are they? I see that sometimes on with full throttle on older lipos or near the end of a flight. It is telling you that the voltage is dipping with the load you are putting on the battery.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:17 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
the battery is only 5 flights old and it's a 2200 wild scorpion 3s 30c.
http://www.deep-deal.com/11-1v-2200m...i-copter-power
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:19 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKool View Post
the battery is only 5 flights old and it's a 2200 wild scorpion 3s 30c.
http://www.deep-deal.com/11-1v-2200m...i-copter-power
I would turn the battery monitor off and if you are using a stock DJI F450 (motors and escs) then set your timer on your Tx to 4 min. After your flight see how many mA you are putting back and adjust your flight time accordingly. I use the DJI battery monitor but always have a timer set in my Tx.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:08 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Sep 2012
51 Posts
Hey,

I had a friend have a similar issue, the quad flew fine for a couple weekends, then all of the sudden one morning when he was trying to fly, it was all over the place, shaking and looked liked the Naza was all messed up. Somehow the timing on a couple ESC's changed, and we made sure all the speed controllers were set to the same, and it was fine. Oh, it had to be on high timing and the fastest possible throttle response, and then it flew fine.
And then I had changed to Hobby King AE 30 ESC's, if they were not on high throttle response, it flew all shaky and messed up.
Just something to check if you haven't
hobiej is offline Find More Posts by hobiej
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:36 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
WOW thank god someone had similar issues to mine!! I thought that I was the only noob experiencing this ...Unfortunately the way of programming and setting the timing is really unclear on the escs I have. So I'll just go and buy turnigy plush 30amp escs with a programming card. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

Do you think they're compatible with the naza? ...I'm pretty sure they are but I'm not sure.
Thanks guys!!

EDIT: Just found a few topics here on the forum saying that these escs work pretty well with the naza
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:02 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,499 Posts
You can go here as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&pli=1#gid=0

The first page of the Naza thread has many useful links including the above and the Naza Gouge.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:37 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Good thing I did not buy them...from what I can see in the link a lot of people have some trouble making the 30 amp work with the naza. I'll have to look for different ones that are also programmable through the programming card.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:17 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,499 Posts
Get some that have been flashed with the SimonK firmware. No need to program, they are set up for multirotor and work well with the Naza.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:09 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
I think I'll just get the stock dji 30 amp escs. This way i'll be sure they'll work properly with the naza...at least I hope so ...Just one last question Ed, will I need to calibrate and set the timing on these escs or are they ready to go?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:23 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,499 Posts
They are programed at the factory. You do not have to calibrate them. Solder them on, plug them in and calibrate your Tx in Assistant.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:32 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Thank you so much for all your help!!! I'll post some results once I get those escs.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Feb 2010
43 Posts
Hey, did you end up finding the exact cause of your problems?
Dr Strangelove is offline Find More Posts by Dr Strangelove
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:21 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
I received the dji escs I ordered. Once I swap them with my old ones, it should solve the issue...But right now I'm really busy studying for my 3 exams next week ....I'll probably have time to try it out next friday