samog is offline Find More Posts by samog
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:15 PM
Slovenia, Vrhnika
Joined Jan 2006
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samog View Post
I have noticed that if I use Graupner mc-12, board does not detect lost signal (transmitter OFF).
Quote:
What would I have to change in ER9x firmware to mimic spektrum PPM signal, so that I can finaly fly with TGY9x set as RX-2 (and have no jumping numbers)?

protocol set to PPM (PPM, PPM 16)
pulse shift (polarity) set to positive (positive, negative)
PPM frame length set to 22,5msec (12,5-32,5)
PPM delay set to 300uSec (100-800uSec)

I have noticed that if I turn OFF transmitter Graupner mc-12 40 Mhz (PPM 18), board does not detect lost signal. If I turn OFF TGY9x the board detects lost signal and it shows X on the home screen.
Quote:
Thank you, UART mode did the trick, I can now arm the quad.

AIL value worries me to. In menu (receiver test) AIL numbers jumps from 0-377. Transmitter is calibrated and I have trims at zero and stick travel is set to 100, -100.

http://youtu.be/qUxT3cPPm8Q
After flashing KK v1.4 firmware and than reflashing Hefnycopter 0.9.4, everything works as it is supposed to(no strange behaviour on receiver test, lost signal detected) I know it is strange, but it works.
Last edited by samog; Feb 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:39 PM
MHefny
Egypt, Al Qahirah, Qism El-Nozha
Joined Sep 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
After flashing KK v1.4 firmware and than reflashing Hefnycopter 0.9.4, everything works as it is supposed to(no strange behaviour on receiver test, lost signal detected) I know it is strange, but it works.
This is strange, I dont know why ... the only reason I can think of is that when u downloaded a new firmware then hefnycopter again you deleted the signature which enforced the firmware to store all default values again ... so maybe we missed something in the first setup and after clearing values all worked again .... this should be identical to making factory reset .... please let me know if u have more feedback on this.
MHefny is offline Find More Posts by MHefny
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
73 Posts
Sonar is ordered and i looking forward to testing this
vikedal is offline Find More Posts by vikedal
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:49 AM
Joined Jul 2011
73 Posts
HefnyCopter firmware for Quadcopter

When setting up the board, can i use the same PID parameters as i used with the original fw?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:08 AM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikedal View Post
When setting up the board, can i use the same PID parameters as i used with the original fw?
yes ... u change SONAR with PID of ACC-Z Damping .....
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:08 AM
Slovenia, Vrhnika
Joined Jan 2006
72 Posts
How will quad behave with sonar ON? as in Figure 1 or 2?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:22 AM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
How will quad behave with sonar ON? as in Figure 1 or 2?
Figure #2 ..... Sonar measures a relative distance ... so it can go over ground in a fixed height .... Figure #1 to my knowledge can be achieved using Baro meter as it is not dependent on geography on the ground....

However the currently implemented version -that I am upgrading now- use virtual lines of different altitudes .... it holds the quad to the nearest line... so if I throttle up then stop the quad it will not move back to the original altitude, no it will just stay there to the new altitude ....

my next version should provide both ways -that I mentioned- ... however both are considered of Figure#2.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Jul 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHefny View Post
yes ... u change SONAR with PID of ACC-Z Damping .....
I don't understand what you mean
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:50 PM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
I don't understand what you mean
Sorry for my short english

I understood u ask about PID settings for sonar...and if this will affect any other settings ... if I understood right then the answer is no it will not, please use the ACCZ-Damping as the PID for SONAR adjust, as I dont use ACC-Z for version 0.9.5 ...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:01 PM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
309 Posts
version 0.9.5

This is a new version for Sonar....I worked on it more still need more work to be fair... but I hope my friends here test it on their quads and come up with more stable values.

I uploaded a video here -still uploading-
HefnyCopter - II 0.9.5 (0 min 0 sec)

The new thing in 0.9.5 is that AUX button has three positions:
ACRO ----- only gyros work
STABLE ----- acceleration try to level quad
ALTHLD ----- when u first switch to this mode it registers current altitude, if u want to switch to another altitude then switch back to stable get to the level u want then switch back to ALTHLD.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:39 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
If I have my radio set up correctly, should it change on the main display to show ACRO, STABLE or ALTHLD as I switch between modes?
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
73 Posts
HefnyCopter firmware for Quadcopter

Quote:
Sorry for my short english

I understood u ask about PID settings for sonar...and if this will affect any other settings ... if I understood right then the answer is no it will not, please use the ACCZ-Damping as the PID for SONAR adjust, as I dont use ACC-Z for version 0.9.5 ...
I ment the pi editor for flight, is it the same as in the original 1.5verdion
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:53 PM
MHefny
Joined Sep 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
I ment the pi editor for flight, is it the same as in the original 1.5verdion
oic ... no PID in HefnyCopter is more advanced from options view points, however stabilization of 1.5 of original firmware is still better and I am working on enhancing it.

what makes PID more advanced in hefnycopter is that u have P I D ... also you can put positive and negative values for each term and define a limit per term.

P & I scales are different that those of KK, the firmware comes with values suitable to X-525 quadcopter... so it should be a good start.

Best Regards,
M. Hefny
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:11 PM
Joined Jul 2011
73 Posts
Quote:
oic ... no PID in HefnyCopter is more advanced from options view points, however stabilization of 1.5 of original firmware is still better and I am working on enhancing it.

what makes PID more advanced in hefnycopter is that u have P I D ... also you can put positive and negative values for each term and define a limit per term.

P & I scales are different that those of KK, the firmware comes with values suitable to X-525 quadcopter... so it should be a good start.

Best Regards,
M. Hefny
Okey... Tnx