Old Aug 23, 2014, 06:23 PM
Deadalus' other child
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Feb 2014
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Maybe your esc...................
Two different motors on two different esc. Took the second motor apart top see if there was debris, nothing. No scratches on the stator. Been running on balanced props. 3s on a 8x4.3 prop. Think it was just pulling too many amps.
FlyingHobo is offline Find More Posts by FlyingHobo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:40 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
960 Posts
Any beeps indicating an error reason coming from the ESC? What kind of speed controls have you tried?
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:43 AM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,137 Posts
Try checking the motor wires. One or multiple phases may be broken but making contact sometimes, resulting in the stutter that you mentioned....
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:25 AM
Deadalus' other child
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Feb 2014
22 Posts
Esc arms normally, both the power pack esc and an e-flite. I'll check the Ladd when I get home, but still be a couple weeks. Thanks for the help everyone.
FlyingHobo is offline Find More Posts by FlyingHobo
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:54 AM
Joined Jul 2011
118 Posts
I have bought a 45A ESC at twisted hobbys on April 28th, the ESC doesn't work at all !..... Only the BEC is working ...
I guess as I didn't do anything wrong with it but was slow to start and finish my project with this ESC that the warranty is done and twisted will never change it ... Am I right ?...
I have 2 power combos from twisted, I better have to check if everything is right otherwise I will be screwed again !....
flydynamics is offline Find More Posts by flydynamics
Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:01 AM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,229 Posts
Make sure you check your throttle points, usually this is the cause for believing the esc don't work. If that doesn't work I suggest contacting them.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:43 AM
Joined Oct 2009
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydynamics View Post
I have bought a 45A ESC at twisted hobbys on April 28th, the ESC doesn't work at all !..... Only the BEC is working ...
I guess as I didn't do anything wrong with it but was slow to start and finish my project with this ESC that the warranty is done and twisted will never change it ... Am I right ?...
I have 2 power combos from twisted, I better have to check if everything is right otherwise I will be screwed again !....
You should call them and ask BUT if it is not covered, it's your fault not TH. You screwed yourself rather than TH screwing you. When you buy anything, the warranty/guarantee starts from the day of purchase and not from when you decide to use it. If you are going to buy something and not use it for months or even years from the date of purchase, you should check the item out for defects before storing it away. I have several ARF's and kits that have been stored for over a year from when I purchased them. I made sure everything was in proper order before storing them away by close inspection. If the item is electronic, I would hook it up to verify it worked properly before storing. It is your responsibility to do that.

I admit, I have a couple of engines that are NIB and have never used them. One, a Zenoah 38, is over ten years old from date of purchase and I've never ran it. If something is wrong with that engine, should the warranty be valid?. I don't think so. The other is a DLE 35RA. It's over 2 years old and I have not run it. If there is a problem with that engine, it's on me, not the seller.

We all have bought things and then for various reasons not used them right away. If a warranty is stated to be good for 90 days or 2 years or whatever, it's on you to make sure the product is not defective within that time period.

Sorry to be blunt.
GMB48
GMB48 is offline Find More Posts by GMB48
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:50 AM
Joined Jul 2011
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB48 View Post
You should call them and ask BUT if it is not covered, it's your fault not TH. You screwed yourself rather than TH screwing you. When you buy anything, the warranty/guarantee starts from the day of purchase and not from when you decide to use it. If you are going to buy something and not use it for months or even years from the date of purchase, you should check the item out for defects before storing it away. I have several ARF's and kits that have been stored for over a year from when I purchased them. I made sure everything was in proper order before storing them away by close inspection. If the item is electronic, I would hook it up to verify it worked properly before storing. It is your responsibility to do that.

I admit, I have a couple of engines that are NIB and have never used them. One, a Zenoah 38, is over ten years old from date of purchase and I've never ran it. If something is wrong with that engine, should the warranty be valid?. I don't think so. The other is a DLE 35RA. It's over 2 years old and I have not run it. If there is a problem with that engine, it's on me, not the seller.

We all have bought things and then for various reasons not used them right away. If a warranty is stated to be good for 90 days or 2 years or whatever, it's on you to make sure the product is not defective within that time period.

Sorry to be blunt.
GMB48
Nothing wrong being blunt, I like it better than cheesy, politicaly correct answers ... and yes I know I should have checked it but my time machine is on maintenance ..... Never blame them for the problem and not blaming twisted at all ... I have all their 32/34" models and love them with most of the time the combo going on it ... their material has been so reliable to me that I never really bother checking the ESC ... lesson learned ... Just needed to vent yesterday when I plugged the ESC ... End points have been checked and no answer from the ESC so it's done ... Time to buy a new ESC
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:53 AM
Joined Jul 2011
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
Make sure you check your throttle points, usually this is the cause for believing the esc don't work. If that doesn't work I suggest contacting them.
Thanks for your answer ... the ESC doesn't even count the cells of the battery when you plug it ... I borrowed a plush 40 from a friend to make sure it was the ESC and no problem at all with the plush 40 ....
Anyway thanks to all of you for your tips etc .... Like I said above, I needed to vent I guess (French guys needs to vent a lot when frustrated ) ..... Time to move on a buy a new ESC
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:42 AM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,339 Posts
Flydynamics,

Did you check and resolder all the connections from the motor to ESC? A friend of mine droped his plane in to water i think a techone venus or something it was,anyway what ever way the water reacted with the soldered joints one was slightly not picking up the current and his ESC wouldn't even beep like you are saying.
flightpunch34 is online now Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Old Aug 26, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Jul 2011
118 Posts
flightpunch34,

Yes I have removed the shrink tube and inspect the ESC. I have resoldered everything and still nothing ... I bet this ESC was dead when I received it ... things like this happen sadly ...
Old Aug 26, 2014, 01:48 PM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,339 Posts
Ohh sorry if i missed you saying that,sometimes they can be piggish to find bad soldered joints,you could miss one easily,but seems like a new ESC is in order then.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 02:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
118 Posts
It is .... thanks for your help BTW
Old Aug 26, 2014, 02:25 PM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,339 Posts
Think my friends one was actually on the battery,He said he almost over looked it and threw the ESC away,It just wasn't making a solid enough connection even though the solder was in tact,Don't ask what water done to it but it is not supposed to be good for solder on high power lipo applications,don't know if it's facts or untrue,he litterly had to pull it apart and check each one.

It was a fresh water incident,if it was salt water everything inc lipo wouldn't have been salvagable....
Old Aug 26, 2014, 02:29 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,377 Posts
if it were battery side, bec wouldn't work either.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick