HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2014, 02:02 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
1,971 Posts
Chino.. I run into issues with pilots everyso often.. When I can't find a "fit" and want to fly (cause the bird is complete) It ends up without one.. I will say pilots are preferred.. Always .. But every now and then I get "brain dead", or can't find one to my "taste" for that or any particular plane.. Without saying how many aircraft I have acquired, there are a small handful I fly without one.. And I know you are on the Grasshopper thread, Mine L4 doesn't have one either.!
Cocg is offline Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updating Hangar (a little)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 02:09 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
2,800 Posts
L4 is an empty flyer as well.
Does that make it "drone" if it doesn't have a pilot figure?
ChinoDiablo is online now Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Jul 30, 2014, 02:15 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Joined May 2010
1,971 Posts
Drone.. Huh.. Funny .. The other day I was flying one of my other "pilotless" planes.. A Maxford Jenny Bipe.. Two ladies were walking by (hate that) and commented "I thought drones were illegal!" .. Whiney like in tone.. Made my blood boil almost.. Simply Stated back.. "That ain't no drone! There no cameras or rockets on that!" Put me in a bad mood..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2014, 03:19 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
2,800 Posts
You should have asked if they were friends of Sarah Connor and then told them that Skynet was now "self aware" and was sending more of these drones down along with a whole bunch of T1000 Terminators.
ChinoDiablo is online now Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Aug 01, 2014, 06:26 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo View Post
You should have asked if they were friends of Sarah Connor and then told them that Skynet was now "self aware" and was sending more of these drones down along with a whole bunch of T1000 Terminators.
Yeah, and have them tell Sara to quit smoking.
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Aug 03, 2014, 01:45 PM
United States, NY, Strykersville
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Well I finally got started on my build. I bought one of the white kits when they had the super sale. I must say I'm very disappointed in this kit. The body has damage to the Fiberglas in one area. None of the screw holes are open. Everyone so far has needed to be reworked. I got so frustrated at one point I walked away from it today. Maybe after I take a deep breath I'll have another go at it. At this point I'm glad I did not pay full price. I hope it gets better or this may end up in the fire pit in the back yard.
Superdad99 is online now Find More Posts by Superdad99
Old Aug 03, 2014, 04:46 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Joined May 2010
1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdad99 View Post
Well I finally got started on my build. I bought one of the white kits when they had the super sale. I must say I'm very disappointed in this kit. The body has damage to the Fiberglas in one area. None of the screw holes are open. Everyone so far has needed to be reworked. I got so frustrated at one point I walked away from it today. Maybe after I take a deep breath I'll have another go at it. At this point I'm glad I did not pay full price. I hope it gets better or this may end up in the fire pit in the back yard.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2014, 12:37 AM
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,350 Posts
Sorry you're having problems. I had no problems with my white ARF, except the battery hatch needed some work. Nice like spring latch did the trick
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Aug 04, 2014, 06:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdad99 View Post
May be you got a 'hung over Monday' or get out of work early Friday unit.
More likely some new 11 year old kid trying to make quota.

One of my three mini Ultra Sticks was sub par.

Yup, PIA
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Aug 16, 2014, 05:08 AM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
769 Posts
So I went back in time about 16 years so I could view this website, and I could a place you can buy Cosmic Wind build plans. I've not see free ones so I thought I would post the link.

http://patscustom-models.com/airplaneplans.html
MaydayMayday is offline Find More Posts by MaydayMayday