HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:41 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,896 Posts
Check the servo monitor screen. Had my throttle do this sometime ago, it was very notchy on the monitor. It had been shelved for sometime and I guess it got dirty or something because after several minutes of playing with it it was back to working normally.

This might be something to look into, start with checking the monitor screen to see if the throttle channel moves smoothly or jumps.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:42 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,706 Posts
I'll give the monitor screen a try, thanks.
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:22 PM
United States, FL
Joined Dec 2002
338 Posts
Hi. I attemped to fly yesterday but got this problem. My elevator stick seems to be stuck on the up position. I tried with two models and it always is elevator "up". Could this be related with the stick pot/potentiometer? I did follow the instructions on the service bulletin and my elevator does not move at all on the monitor display.

Seems I will have to ship it back to Horizon........

Is this issue still covered by Horizon or will be out of pocket?
elau is offline Find More Posts by elau
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,896 Posts
Only HH could tell you if they will cover it or not. Either it sounds like it needs to be serviced.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,706 Posts
My DX6i went back for the recall, so I'm going to be pretty unimpressed if it turns out a stick pot. problem is behind the occasional throttle weirdness I'm getting.
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
My DX6i went back for the recall, so I'm going to be pretty unimpressed if it turns out a stick pot. problem is behind the occasional throttle weirdness I'm getting.
Let us know how you make out.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Aug 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Even if it did not have Model Match binding is part of the normal process of setting up a model along with setting up proper failsafe. Now if none of this is needed then technicaly you don't even have to change the model memory position.

If you do have to change it because that second plane is setup a different way then do yourself a favor and rebind.
The DX6i manual says that after you bind and setup everything, you should bind again to set up the failsafes. This was cryptic to me... what failsafes? What does the failsafe do?

Other questions... if the timer is set to the throttle cut button, will I kill the throttle when I arm the timer? (It didn't kill it when I tried it, but now I don't know if I completely removed the throttle cut functionality from the button by assigning it to the timer.) Also, after the timer counted down, it started beeping and I couldn't figure out how to turn the darn thing off. I hit the throttle cut button a bunch of times until finally the timer restarted. How do I just turn it off?
Jonathan.kichizi is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan.kichizi
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:47 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,896 Posts
You bind once to gain control of the receiver and model, once you have setup reversing and stuff you bind again to set proper failsafe.

All of spektrum's receivers have smart failsafe which drives the throttle channel to the lowest position BUT this is set when you bind. So for what ever reason say you reversed the throttle channel in order for the model to function properly. If something was to happen and you lost signal to the model then the receiver would drive the throttle to the lowest position turning off the motor but if you failed to properly do the second bind after you reversed the channel then my friend you plane is out of control with the motor at full throttle.

NOT GOOD.

If you set the timer to count down then after the initial alarm the timer starts counting UP.

You if heard and alarm and it did not go off, is there a chance it could of been the low battery alarm of the radio?
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:55 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,702 Posts
The throttle cut button must be set to ACT in the setup menu. Mine was INH from the factory. That's probably why yours isn't working.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:48 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,366 Posts
I use the trainer switch as my timer start/ stop control, works well and easy to find without taking your eyes off the plane.
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Aug 2011
19 Posts
Thanks freechip, quadracer, and Great Goose for the explanations. I understand the failsafe feature now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
If you set the timer to count down then after the initial alarm the timer starts counting UP.

You if heard and alarm and it did not go off, is there a chance it could of been the low battery alarm of the radio?
So you're saying that once the timer counts down, it should beep a few times and then stop (and count up)? I doubt it was the low battery since it was the first time I'd used the transmitter.
Jonathan.kichizi is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan.kichizi
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:44 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,896 Posts
Haven't used my DX6i in some time but as I remember it yes, it counts down then does not stop when it counts down and reach zero it starts counting up.

When it does reach zero an alarm sounds for a little bit telling you you reached you set count down time. When you are done flying you stop the timer and can see how much more you flew or past your set timer.

Very usefull for certain things.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:18 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
I just got a used DX6i.
Should the right stick (mode 2, ail/elev.) spring back to center from the left and right, or only from up and down ?
And the left stick (throttle/rudder) springs back to center from the left and right, and not from up and down ?
Brian VT is online now Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
I just got a used DX6i.
Should the right stick (mode 2, ail/elev.) spring back to center from the left and right, or only from up and down ?
And the left stick (throttle/rudder) springs back to center from the left and right, and not from up and down ?
Yes right stick springs to centre from both positions. Left stick only from left to right. Up down is throttle so that is positional.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Yes right stick springs to centre from both positions.
Not on the one I was sold. Bummer.
Brian VT is online now Find More Posts by Brian VT
Last edited by Brian VT; Apr 06, 2012 at 01:35 PM.