HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,882 Posts
Great news!!

If you do need more oomph consider using ST1 with the same PIT curve but up the throttle to 70, 70, 80, 90, 100.
(And ST2 with that THRO curve but increase the Mid, 75 & Top pitch points and drop the bottom two by 2.5 and 5 points so you can kill an overly aggressive ascent).

I have a table of my curves somewhere already posted in this thread.
I do think learning to fly in ST1 with a THRO curve that doesn't go to zero and using THOLD is a good idea. Just make sure you THOLD PIT curve isn't linear from MIN to MAX otherwise you'll have a nasty shock first time you flick it in!
Also use monitor to make sure your bottom throttle in NORM and your THOLD values are the same or the ESC may recalibrate and when you switch back to NORM it'll spool up unexpectedly.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:12 PM
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,207 Posts
Heli spinning circles

Got tail issue. Heli spining in circles?
- Tail servo horn is at 90 degree and goes back to 90 at rate mode.
- Tail grips and tail blades at zero pitch
( At rate mode tail goes back to center at zero pitch)
( At HH mode tail doesn't go back)

Not sure what to do at this point.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Got tail issue. Heli spining in circles?
- Tail servo horn is at 90 degree and goes back to 90 at rate mode.
- Tail grips and tail blades at zero pitch
( At rate mode tail goes back to center at zero pitch)
( At HH mode tail doesn't go back)

Not sure what to do at this point.
1-Are your tail blades rotating counterclockwise?
2-Is the leading edge of each tailblade set to rotate CCW?
3-When you give a right turn command does the tail slider move to the left?
4-When you manually rotate the heli to the right does the tail slider move to the right?
The correct answer to these questions is YES. If they are yes then the problem is probably the servo.
If any answer is NO then you have to make the necessary corrections so that all the answers are YES.
Check the servo reverse setting, and be sure it is correct.
Are you using the stock tail servo? If so then the answer to 4 should be yes.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
1-Are your tail blades rotating counterclockwise?
2-Is the leading edge of each tailblade set to rotate CCW?
3-When you give a right turn command does the tail slider move to the left?
4-When you manually rotate the heli to the right does the tail slider move to the right?
The correct answer to these questions is YES. If they are yes then the problem is probably the servo.
If any answer is NO then you have to make the necessary corrections so that all the answers are YES.
Check the servo reverse setting, and be sure it is correct.
Are you using the stock tail servo? If so then the answer to 4 should be yes.
Thanks, I'll try these testing.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:02 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,222 Posts
Whats the last thing you changed? I wonder if a bad cell could cause such a thing.
Im ready to get inverted this weekend! Makes my thumbs shake just thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Got tail issue. Heli spining in circles?
- Tail servo horn is at 90 degree and goes back to 90 at rate mode.
- Tail grips and tail blades at zero pitch
( At rate mode tail goes back to center at zero pitch)
( At HH mode tail doesn't go back)

Not sure what to do at this point.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Whats the last thing you changed? I wonder if a bad cell could cause such a thing.
Im ready to get inverted this weekend! Makes my thumbs shake just thinking about it.
Changed servo horn on the pitch servo, may have overtigthen the tail slider a little.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,882 Posts
Check this section in the guide I linked to:

10.5.5 RUDDER GYRO REVERSE SWITCH SETTING
To check the correct gyro operation, lift the helicopter and
push the nose to the left, the pitch setting of the tail
should be the same as right rudder input from the
transmitter. If this is not the case, move the RUDD reverse
switch to the other position and re-check.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:03 AM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,222 Posts
Turn your video cams on , its flyin time

Lets get some video footage today . Happy flying to all.
Loosen that slider, i have learned not to over tighten so many things, like the tail boom on my v120 or the swash link ball on my v450 . And iff weather is bad i will be doing a full lube up on all helis, again
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:36 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
jhebbel's Avatar
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Great news!!

If you do need more oomph consider using ST1 with the same PIT curve but up the throttle to 70, 70, 80, 90, 100.
(And ST2 with that THRO curve but increase the Mid, 75 & Top pitch points and drop the bottom two by 2.5 and 5 points so you can kill an overly aggressive ascent).

I have a table of my curves somewhere already posted in this thread.
I do think learning to fly in ST1 with a THRO curve that doesn't go to zero and using THOLD is a good idea. Just make sure you THOLD PIT curve isn't linear from MIN to MAX otherwise you'll have a nasty shock first time you flick it in!
Also use monitor to make sure your bottom throttle in NORM and your THOLD values are the same or the ESC may recalibrate and when you switch back to NORM it'll spool up unexpectedly.
thanks ill try that, also an unrelated question, does anybody know if the receiver supports PPM stream output??? A Dragon OSD is my next purchase for this, i already have my fatsharks in the mail and on the way, but id like the option of remotely setting up the osd without hooking it up to a comuter...
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:38 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
2801-Pro & 2702V is PWM 1000-2000ms AFAIK
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:51 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,222 Posts
I had some great flights today, the bad part about the v450 footage was i had my head cam on too low. I deleted the footage. I also had a big ground touch....wreck... At the end of a big loop. Im not sure what happened there. Check my youtube if you want to see videos. Ninja636king@youtube.com

I also went full throttle on my new trex600. Video uploaded!


I also have a short video of a loose part on my v450 . Hopefully we can find out if its a big deal. Video coming soon.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:18 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,222 Posts
Here my problem,... Or is it?..
GOPR0298.MP4 (0 min 25 sec)
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:01 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Ideally (and originally) there should be no slack in them... but I'm flying mine with the same play.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:46 AM
crashs come easy patience dont
bad400's Avatar
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
i would be more worried about up/down play over say side/side play.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:12 AM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,222 Posts
I will just put it on my check before i fly list. Or order a new one and use parts for both v400 and v450. But thanks guys!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400 View Post
i would be more worried about up/down play over say side/side play.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 08:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 12:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 07:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 05:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 04:20 AM